Follow

I decided to start a joke discussion because we as caregivers need our load lightened. We need to laugh at our own situations and those of others to take away the sting and pain we go through. If you have a joke that's racy then give a heads up at the beginning of your post for those who might not want to read your post. We need to avoid that kind of humor. Please don't come on this thread and berate anyone for their choices of humor. This is our place to let go of criticism. Thanks for sharing!!!! ;o)

1 2 3 4 5
Question: Where do you live?

Answer: The hood.

Question: What?

Answer: Adulthood and it sucks

Question: Where did you grow up?

Answer: The hood.

Question: Which one?

Answer: Childhood, it was great, I want to return and live there forever.

Question: Have you ever heard, "You can't return home"

Answer: I intend on trying for that's my favorite hood.

Response: I don't think that you understood.
(1)

Oldageisnofun, ohhh that's a good one!!
(0)

Quitting smoking, now that’s a tough one. My wife and I made a deal, we’ll only smoke after sex. I’ve had the same pack now since 1975.
(2)

I tell ya, sex is getting harder all the time. Me and my wife were trying to have sex for hours last night and I finally gave up. I asked her, “what, you can’t think of anybody either?
(2)

I asked my wife last night, “Were you faking it?” She said, “No, I was really sleeping.
(2)

“My wife met me at the door the other night in a sexy negligee. Unfortunately, she was just coming home.”
(0)

“My wife’s a lousy cook. After dinner, I don’t brush my teeth. I count them.”
(1)

I advised my spouse to accept her errors. She hugged me.
(3)

Fell into a vat of wine once. I’ve been in high spirits since.
(1)

My guardian angel filed for a transfer. - RD
(0)

My wife said I never listen. At least, that’s my interpretation of her words. - RD
(1)

Attempted a joke about elevators, had their highs and lows. - RD
(0)

I remember I was so depressed I was going to jump out a window on the tenth floor. They sent a priest up to talk to me. He said, “On your mark…” - RD
(0)

My kids are not happy!

They just found out the only thing that they are inheriting is my mental health. 😁
(4)

Did you know that in Hawaii it is illegal to laugh loudly?

One must keep their laugh to a low ha.
(3)

Not sure about y'all, but I'm feeling a bit dramatic, like the wicked witch on Wizard of Oz.

"I'm Melting, I'm melting" 😰
(2)

Why do you never tell a secret in a corn field?

Because they're are too many ears!
(3)

Why did the mushroom, get invited to all the parties?

He was a fun-gi! 🥴🙂
(2)

I'm not old, I just need some WD-40.
(3)

What would bears be , without Bee's?

ears.

😂
(2)

Here's my modification of a previous joke.

"Sometimes, one doesn’t have one's ducks in a row, and one's pond is drying up."
(1)

Life doesn’t come with a manual.
However, which mother it comes with is not optional.
Without the dad's contribution, it is not possible.
(1)

Rlynn, that's so cute, we all need to laugh, only thing that makes caregiving bearable.

One time I helped this older women with Alzheimer's. She was so scared, I figured out what was bothering her, and fixed it.

She made this huge sigh, put her hand on mine, with so much thankfulness , looked me in the eyes and said " you are such a bread basket!"

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but never a bread basket. 😁
(3)

This is a funny anecdote: When my Alzheimer's-ridden mom wanted to tell someone that she had pounded the pavement, looking for a job (accounting) in NY after college, but what she said was, Ï walked the streets of NY, if you know what I mean," I laughed, in spite of the stress of caregiving. Whenever she would say or do something funny, I jotted it down. It was therapeutic. These anecdotes (mostly funny) became a book: "My Mother Has Alzheimer's and My Dog Has Tapeworms: A Caregiver's Tale." Writing and then laughing (not at my mom, but at the disease), became my lifeline.
(4)

🙂🙂 haha, just trying to make us laugh/smile, despite all we’re going through.

here’s a huggg for the difficult time you’re going through!!!

in fact, a huggg to all of us. i know it’s really hard.
(2)

BOJ, I'm finding things difficult at present, and I want to tell you how much I appreciate you taking the trouble to post the jokes. Even the bad ones! Lots of Love, Margaret
(1)

🥰 Mornings…
When a whole day of food is ahead of you.
(3)

Let’s get this party started
because I need to be in bed by 9:00.
(5)

Probably late for something.
(2)

One day you’re not old.
And the next day you have a favorite grocery store.
(3)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter