My brother attacked me and chased me away from dad.

Follow

It really just amazes me just how cruel "family" can be. My father was in the hospital again and is now in a rehab, until he is strong enough to be placed elsewhere. While In IN, I was the one staying all night with dad, leaving just to take a shower then going back because my dad was scared of my brother! I told dad not to be scared but then my brother physically attacked ME. I called 911. After calling 911 NOTHING HAPPENED. Found out from my brothers boss, he has been threatening to hurt me! Scared to stay at dads condo so I started staying at hotels, my family is Military and is in Florida. Called the Police back about the text from my brothers Boss and they STILL DID NOTHING. Now because of my brother and dads family.....I left IN and came back to FL. I was chased away!!
This should be about Dad and what dad wants, but these idiots are playing games. I love my dad and I will go back. They can hurt me and scare me but you only have one father! They are after his money and nothing more. I refuse to allow dads wishes to be changed in any way! dads POA, locked me out of his condo and my belongings were in it!! His POA does not have that authority....

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
I had permission from my father to be there. The POA did it to be an ass. I can get NO HELP, so I will stay here in FL. and hope I get a call if my Dad's health deteriorates. I have come to realize that people will do things.....just to be mean and hurtful. I have given my life to my Career Military husband , LTC, and to my children and parents. Dad is the only one left and I have accepted the fact I will not see him alive...again
(0)

the poa as far as i know is responsible for finances and/or medical decisions....e there is some financial reason he locked u out such as prepparing to sell the property which could be construed as a finanician decision (his right to sell) but if he just did it for no reasons under the poa guidelines, well he does not have that authority. check with legal people esp ifyou lived there and your belonging are there.
(0)

Talked to an atty, he said I do not need his assistance...call the Police.
Called to talk to the Police regarding my brother hitting me...they have it noted as a "dispute". Called the Mayor, Chief of Police called back, yelled at me during the conversation. Seems my uncle POA, went in and talked to him and told the Chief it was all about money with me!! I am furious! That could not be farther from the truth! I pay for everything when I am at dads...not to mention, my brother stole the will and he is the one having the problems!! I have to find an atty because POA is completely slandering me and taking advantage of me.
(0)

So, dad was discharged from rehab. I do not know when....all I know is that when I called his room number on Sunday the phone was answered by a woman who stated there were no men in the room.
Called my dads house, he was home. Called this morning to see how his first night was and now he has a caregiver, dad did not even know he was getting a caregiver. If the rehab facility believes dad is able minded enough to go home...he should have been included in that decision!!!!! He was not, he got up this morning and there she was! I have stayed away and stayed here in FL, but enough is enough! I called the State of IN, talked with an ombudsman and have also hired an atty. I am tired of just sitting by and allowing them to walk all over me. The last thing I wanted to do was get atty's involved, but the POA is now taking rights away from my father! No more. I hope and pray that nobody ever has to go through this. My fathers atty is family on my husbands side and she refuses to get involved and to tell the POA when he is stepping over his boundaries. My uncle (POA) may see me as a 12 year old but I am 40, and he is In for the fight of his life. You do not tell a daughter she can not see her father after she drives 1400 miles to get to him. He does not have that authority.
Any way, just an update, I keep allowing them to treat me like garbage because I do not like confrontation.....but they have officially pushed me beyond my limit!!
(1)

IIcrss.. Seems we Both have the SAME Brother!!!! My Mom passed in '08 and to this day he still HATES me, wants NOTHING to do with me, Slanders MY name! Why?? Simple.. I found out too much about him, what he did, how he Abused his POA and what he Embezzled! And although there was NOTHING left, I Made Sure I Protected my Mom emotionally and physically in the end. And 'for that' I will forever be grateful. These stories are a reminder of how much My heart was aching and breaking back then, for me, for my Mom. And for that reason does it break again now for all of You. May you All Please STAY STRONG, and NEVER be AFRAID of doing the RIGHT thing for Your Loved Ones. They 'Depend' on 'You' now. many hugs..
(3)

Anyone know if I can get custody/guardianship even though I live in a different state? It is Spring Break for most of IN and I can not get any attorneys to call me back!! Eeeerrrrr...
(0)

It was like that where I worked, however, it was the Chief that was "dirty". They are Brothers and most will protect each other but will not go as far as lying under oath. It is nice to see a fellow "Hoosier" on here! Thanks for the advice!
(0)

Indianapolis....darn that spell check.
(0)

I live in Indiana. The police here are jokes. Lazy. Indiana olive has had many problems. On officer was drunk in 11:00 am. Hit motorcycles. Killed 1young man and mamed the other 2. His fellow cops tried to cover for him.
Yes. Get an attorney.
(2)

I want to thank ALL OF YOU! You have really helped me out and reassured me that I need to do what is best for Dad!! He is my heart and soul and I deserve to be able to see him without being physically attacked, threatened, locked out of where I am staying and and overall just being treated like crap! I refuse to be chased from my father. I will keep in touch and tell you what is going on! God Bless.
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions