Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
Im sorry for my comment to Tommy, but aren't we on here for support and not ignorant comments. I am not talking about constructive criticism. Tell me what I am doing incorrectly, but not in an ignorant way. Disagree with me, but respect me because I am a person just like you and have feelings as well.
(2)

1Tommy is now Medina4. The profile is private, but I don't think the person should be taken seriously from what I do see. Of course, that could change in a few minutes since profiles can be edited just as usernames can be.
(0)

Interesting.
(0)

Kimmy and to say nothing of arrogance!
(0)

I understand completely. You need a break. We try to see them as they were when we were young; our parents - intelligent and coherent. When these terrible remarks are made, we are split. One part of us gives it credence, and the other part tries to cope with the new person they are. Since we still see them as authority figures, the critism cuts deep, but when we try to realize that they are very ill, and they don't understand what they are saying, it makes it a little easier to digest. My mother has sworn at me in public, and humilates me. She pulls guilt trip, and the stress is incredible. Since, she is in a dementia care unit, it gives me the opportunity to leave and "cool off," if I feel she is getting me too upset. I was once told that you do your parent no good if you are in a bad mood. I really think you need a break. Good luck with mom and all things you are dealing with.
(2)

Re Tommy's abusive posts: Has anyone ever heard of a T-R-O-L-L?
garza
(0)

Jessie, how did you find out about the change of profile?
Garza, I just looked up TROLL. On the internet, basically someone who deliberately sends negative messages (particularly on a forum or blog), to antagonize the other posters and stir up trouble. In fokelore, trolls delight in stirrring up trouble and watching the turmoil that ensues (like pranksters). Evidently this type of activity led to the saying: "Don't feed the trolls!" Unfortunately, I and several others did exactly that, and rather vehemently.
I believe our best bet in the future is to totally ignore this person and hopefully he will go away. The fact that he changed profiles make me all the more suspicious of him.
(1)

Nice Jessie and Garza and Orange. The best way to handle is to ignore. :-)

Thanks everyone for the comments. What would we do without our parents and what would they do without us?
(0)

Orange, I just noticed his name changed here on the thread. The avatar also changed. I believe the story line changed some, but I'm not sure. Activity is private. I think Kimmy had the best idea for the group -- ignore.
(0)

OMG, Jessie, I do see that all his previous posts on this thread have the new name and avatar! Thank you for pointing that out. But he couldn't change his words! AHA!! We've still got him pegged.
(0)

I lost it with my Mother when I found her cleaning the kitty liter with my favorite cooking spoon. I have bought her 3 tools for scooping the liter but she wants to always use my favorite spoon. So I just gave her the spoon and went and bought the most expensive cooking spoon that I could find and made sure I told her how much it cost. One thing she has not forgotten is how much she loves money. Of course I had to sit around while she told all the family members how I "over reacted" just because she was scooping cat poop with my cooking utensils. Oh well.......
(0)

My aunt had a stroke several years ago - my cousin, a male, has been her caregiver ever since. He has given up his life for his mom, and since she is paralyzed on her left side, that says a LOT about what his life is now like. I have nothing but respect and admiration for what he does for his Mom.
(3)

purple, and your cousin is very fortunate to have your support! There are probably many of us that wish we had supportive family like you!
(0)

They are coming out here for my mom's memorial and burial next week (she is my Mom's sister) - we still have the hospital bed & all the "stuff" she'll need, so my place is the best place for them to stay. I'm looking foward to their visit!
(1)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter