Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man. You are fortunate to have been raised by someone who was so accomplished in life but also had a great sense of humor. When the numbness wears off, try to remember the good times and celebrate a life well-lived. Give thanks for everything your father did for you. Be kind to yourself.
(2)

So sorry to hear of your loss....Your words portray a wonderful man and father. rejoice in that!! My heart goes out to you!!
(1)

Eyerish, I'm so sorry about your dad. After being on this website for long enough, I can tell you honestly that those of us with fine decent parents are the exception, not the rule. I'm glad you fell into the exception category, of that you can be thankful. Please don't let the fact that you HAD to work that day cause you any kind of stress and guilt. I don't know whether you were headed that way in your post, but I wanted to head you off if you were. Life goes on, people do what they have to do to survive and stuff happens. Rejoice in the fact that you had your dad for as long as you had him and that you had a wonderful relationship with him during that time. And when it finally hits you, go ahead and wail with the grief that is just under the surface. I am so thankful for the ability to cry. Sorry again.♥
(5)

Eyerish, May God Bless his soul. What a legacy. It has been an honor to read about your Dad. Your love and admiration for him has been inspiring and humbling. Thank you for sharing with us. Sending you love and sympathy, xo
(3)

What a tribute to a wonderful man. A big spirit is on the other side now. I am sorry that he is gone, eyerishlass. I think I would have enjoyed meeting him. You were so lucky to have him in your life. {{{{eyerishlass}}}}
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss. You did love your dad, that's a wonderful thing. We don't get off free on this one: some people had a good relationship with a parent and then suffer loss; other people had a terrible relationship with a parent and suffered that loss daily over the years.
(2)

Oh, Eyerish, I've read your comments on the different threads. My condolences to you. I love your little stories of your father in the above comments. I even chuckled on when he came out with his boxer shorts, no shirt , a tie and jacket and was ready to meet your date. Were you embarrassed when he did this? Or did he break the tension and made you laugh? I'm so sorry...please..you have a great gift of telling stories that's enjoyable. I'd love to hear more of your father's antics. {{{HUGS}}} sincerely,Book
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter