Follow

I’m in such a state right now. My Mom's phone is broken. Only found this out because I was trying to get a hold of her. So I called the Nurses station and they went to her room and told me it was broken and they would get maintenance up there right away. Well this was 3 days ago. I've been trying another 2 days with no luck. The Nurse's station isn't picking up either. I wasn't able to visit either because of a COVID lock down. I have a right to know how she is. She can't see a cell phone to have one. On top of that her TV has been broken and still waiting for maintenance to get it out of there so I can get another one hooked up. That was 2 weeks ago. When she got there maintenance was supposed to fix the blind over the window. I gave up on that. Thanks for listening. Sometimes you just have to vent. I don't always have a car but tomorrow I'm going straight over there and taking care of this. Doesn't help either that head of maintenance is my best friends ex. lol

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Sadly, your situation is a testament to the quality of care (or lack thereof) in nursing homes. The objective of staff is to avoid as much work as possible. In a hospital the objective is to give the best care possible. Stay on them. Contact your state office of long term care, or equivalent and register a complaint.
(2)

I do have an update! Still no phone! I posted originally in September. It's Dec 10 and I can't tell you the endless promises and excuses I've heard. So 7 other patients are without also. I'm glad I'm not alone. I was hoping last month because they had a meeting where it was brought up and the social worker put in a complaint..Nothing. Now a few weeks later someone from admissions found out and files a complaint and said not to worry this time. Everyone signed it. My Mom has had to be quarantined 2 times with covid (again). She is unable to use a cellphone so when I go I call my brothers and sisters on my phone so she can say hi. Then someone says I have to call Verizon to set up an account. I was never told this but still the wiring is bad. Well she's lonely and all her kids are scattered. Thank you for asking.
(4)

Laura22, do you have an update on being able to talk to your Mother? Any luck with items being fixed in your Mother's room?
(1)

Try to get someone higher up the food chain to deal with this. This does not sound like a facility that is dealing with issues at all well. These problems should not take that long to remedy. If need be contact the local county of aging. You might have to call around to get the right person in the right office to light a fire,not a literal one but one that states your issues with problematic time lines and no results or any satisfaction. Hope you find some help.
(2)

Soooo frustrating! I’m sorry that you’re dealing with this!
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter