Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
3 4 5 6 7
Good morning everyone. ITS HAPPENING!!!! The next week to two weeks. She's signed the paperwork. I just need to fax them her pharmacies numbers so they can determine her cost of medicine. If she docent behave herself till then I told my addict nephew he will need to keep her till her move. My poor niece, who mom can't stand and her 3 daughters are gonna help get her packed and in her new place. Maybe it's wrong, but I just need to remove myself from all this. My niece has worries bout her accusing her of stealing her things. Which she will. But I'll handle that. Mom is being very cordial. Very nice. That a warning sign to me. The papers she mailed this week are I'm sure changing beneficiary to her measly life insurance to the nephew. And I am soooo grateful for that. I want no part of planning her burial when it happens. And of course the first words outta daughters mouth (youngest) was that long??? Hahaha. Knots still there but I am trying to look for the peaceful feelings.
(7)

Lisa you are an inspiration to all of us that we do not have to stand for what is handed to us after this is all over I hope you stick around to help others we do not see many success stories here.
(2)

Yay! You go girl!
(2)

I'm so happy for you and your family!!! Maybe this experience will convince your nephew to make some life changes. I will be praying for your niece. Take care. Rebecca
(3)

Lisa: FANTASTIC!!!! So relieved and happy for you and your family. I'm wondering if it is safe now to send your mom to the hospital and rehab for her breathing? All her belongings could be packed and moved in peace. Hugs, Cattails
(5)

Omg! Wouldn't that be great cat? What an idea. I could probably make that happen as soon as I get the move in date. She'll even make her another 875.00. Yeehaaaaaaaaa
(2)

Yes, Lisa. It would be awesome. Love and Hugs, Cattails.
(1)

Lisa: Just a precautionary. Make sure everything is set, rent paid, signatures obtained, etc. I know you will do that. Actually, it makes sense to me for your mom to go to the hospital because her breathing needs attention. She'll come out better for the care and start off stronger at her new residence and the move will be so much easier with her gone. Plus, we gotta throw a little bone to your youngest. Keep us posted. You are amazing.
(2)

Whoopee! You Rock ( and so does baby girl)!! Get ready for the party dance! Iluv CatT's idea-an inpatient move would be great. Leave nephew out of the pack/moving day at ur house-he can take stuff--yours &hers--&she can press charges against YOU, after all, she's gonna need some DRAMA and retaliation...
STAY STRONG ;) Kim
(4)

Your right kimbee. I'm on it. Nephew is not allowed in our home. He's with her now at friendship house finalizing papers. He has to call Doug when they are ten minutes from the house and he comes from the office and let's her in. Told her last night I want to see the contract when she gets home. Hopefully she will be here before I go back for afternoon run.
(3)

For crying out loud. Now they tell her they need bank statements from last six months. So now there's one more meeting with the social worker. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!
(0)

Oh good grief! Hang in there! This will all be behind you soon!
(0)

They just want to make sure she doesn't move in, then can't pay. One foot in front of the other! People all over the country are rooting for you!
(4)

Wait til they see the qvc! Your Doug rocks too, what a great husband. Hoping this will be wrapping up soon, I know you've got to be sick of it all. You show incredible resilience...yes JaneB is so right-all over the country, for sure. Kimbee (in NC)
(3)

How funny Kimbee. QVC is the first thing that came to my mind. OMG, look how much this chick spends on line. Of course that would be on her credit card bill, so Lisa, I would suggest that you get 6 months of credit card bills at the same time as the checking account statements. Just be prepared and a step ahead.

I'm sure Jane B is right. They want some verification of her income and expenses. Lisa, I'm hoping that you have not made any personal deposits into her checking account and that they only reflect her income and expenses.

FYI to everyone. Don't ever put money into a parents account to help them pay bills. Pay the bills personally and from your own checking account. Otherwise it can be counted as income for the parent.

Lisa, get the paperwork together and get it behind you. It's a pain, but count yourself lucky that you are not filing for Medicaid. They would want a five year review. So take a deep breath and get it done.

Another thing that Jane B said, "People all over the country are rooting for you." I tend to think of this site as a specific group of people and on a more intimate basis, but Jane B is right. People all over the country are rooting for you, we are carrying you on our shoulders, your daughters and your husband too. We can see the end coming; the ribbon breaking as you pass the end of the race and a happy ending for you and your lovely family. Can you hear the crowd roaring, Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.

Well, that's my heartfelt motivational speech for tonight. We love you, Lisa. You are a shinning example of someone who can change their circumstances. It's a breath of fresh air. Cattails.
(7)

Her bank will be able to get that info easily-I had to do it for 3yrs when applieing for medicaide and my bank did it in about one week.
(1)

Lisa, you will have the information for a book after all of this is over. Just don't give up, and know you have so many people who care about you. Rebecca
(3)

So tired of this day to day waiting game. Tension so thick here you could not imagine. want this over now. I know it's going to be really soon but can't help feeling discouraged. Thought shed be out by now. Get out already!!!!!
(0)

Oh and I forgot. She wants us to give her a statement stating she gave a set amount of money each month for rent plus the electric. Is she nuts????? I'm not lying for her. Can't even imagine why she would want us to do something like that.
(0)

Umm, I thought you knew ... yes, she is nuts. :-D.

Give her what she wants, a statement showing what she has paid. It will be very short, I'm sure, and not much trouble to pull together.
(0)

I could be wrong about your mother's motives for this, but proof of rent statements can be used to dispute an eviction. Hmm..its curious isn't it. Be careful! Chin up, Lisa. The waiting game must be hard, but just keep your eyes on the prize!
(0)

You know, the more I think about it, the less I like it. Sure, she could just be looking for something simple, like Jeanne says... but what if she isn't and its something more sinister? And, she didn't really pay regularly, did she?
(0)

Type a note stating not that she paid you only that she was obligated to pay a certain amt each month which included utilities.. Something like:

The agreement between mother (use her name) and myself (use your name) was for her to pay $xxx.00 monthly which was to cover housing and utilities. Then sign your name.

That should be enough for anyone. You are lying and she has what she wants.
(0)

It would be hilarious that she asked for that, if it wasn't so nutty. Maybe when she is OUT it will be funny. And that moment is drawing closer and closer and closer... Hang in there!
(0)

Lisa: Whatever you do, DON'T LIE. You know she is up to something. If you do give her something in writing, keep it very simple, ie, "My mother paid the electric bill and contributed to her food costs while living in our home." I'd be leery of saying that anything she paid covered her housing. That's like saying she paid rent and it might interfere with the eviction issue. She's a crafty old broad.

What's up with the housing process. Has it been confirmed yet.

Hugs and keep your chin up. Cattails
(0)

Lisa: Have you turned in the bank statements and are you in personal touch with Spirit House?
(0)

I would not give you any info if it is needed tell them to contact your lawyer-she is nuts but very crafty-let her find any checks she paid to you-she has some idea to keep her there or someone is suppling thought to her-I would not even waste words on her at this point.
(4)

I tend to agree with Austin. Cattails
(2)

I also agree with Austin and Cattails. She may have a bizarre motive for her requests. Hang in there, Lisa. It is almost over. Rebecca
(0)

I always made mom give me a check for the electric. She always wanted me to go get cash with her debit and I refused. She did not give me a check for any other monthly bill. It seems this holdup is them deciding what her monthly rent will be. Mom will lie about anything when it comes to money. She has scammed insurance companies ( homeowners) and gotten caught in the past. I will never allow myself to get involved with her crap. She's tried to get me to sit down and look over the papers to see how she can be given cheaper rent. I told her you need nothing from me. Get your cleared checks showing what you gave each month. She said she needs to show more expences. I told her to claim her monthly qvc statements. There's a huge chunk. She'll get nothing more out of me except what she paid.
(3)

3 4 5 6 7
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter