Follow

Wow; just luv reading thru everybody else's stuff!:) like a "been there and done/seen that"-a thousand + times.. need the humor people!! Especially now in times like these, feel self almost going sideways sometimes!.... But, read your posts- ( took me half hour+ 2 figure out how 2 merely do it myself). Maybe caught some can't remember it is myself..... but, keep writing people, great stress reducer and can just "picture", some of u guys experiences too. Whew, got laughing so hard I was crying- or was it the 16+ hours for zero hazard pay???! oops, went and bespoke a "no-no"....... gotta go and hide, maybe get 30 min. of sleep, almost forgot what it is/was- something like that, know what i mean??....:) keep "posting away u guys" Might get enough material 2 write a book or a stand up routine or something, gotta make some $$ some way if we can relate.....:) just kidding....... thanx 4 stress relief from this site 2 all!!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Lil,

I no longer have a dog but I love all fur babies.
(1)

NeedHelpWMom: yes. Donate Dog Masks (DDMs). I saw dogs wrapped in plastic stuff to protect them from coronaV, but nothing on their lil paws. wth? Their paws are 'safe?'
(1)

We do need to laugh where we can. It’s important. It’s a release. Comic relief!

Speaking of funny things. I have been thinking of dusting off my sewing machine and working on a few projects.

I want to make dog bandannas to donate to our ASPCA to sell in fundraising events they do. Well, now they could be a multipurpose item. Hahaha, they could also be worn as protective face mask, right?
(2)

Love your post.  I, too, find laughter to be the best medicine.  It's Free!  Drs can't 'really' prescribe it.  There are no side effects .. just side splitting.  If anyone's offended, they can look the other way, go read something else vs. criticize what someone finds funny.  Life is Grand!
(3)

kapcrazz, just my observation, but it seems the older baby boomers and those older are taking this more in stride. But the meaning of "stride" can be questioned in today's world. I remember during 09-11, I raced over to my parents house [gosh, they were my age back then] and they were cool, calm and collective. My parents were the teenagers of the Great Depression, living through World War II, and other pandemics. They just got use to times of trouble.

Who would even think that finding that lone package of toilet paper on the grocery shelves would make you feel like you won the lottery :) And it was the large bundle, too.

Working from home was fine for the first two weeks, now I feel like I am on house arrest. Work is quite slow. Boss calls me 4 or 5 times a day. My cat calls out HELLO over and over when he wants attention. My brain is slowly turning to mush.

Break time in front of the TV. Let's see, my choices are Maury's "Who's the Daddy?" or Dr. Pimple Popper.

Oops, the washing machine is trying to walk up the basement stairs, again. Love the space in the e-machines but the noise, need airport headphones.

Take care, everyone.
(4)

Well, in my state the governor has clearly stated we are not at the half way point yet. We are considered a hot spot. He gave an update earlier today on television.

As usual, a crisis will bring out the best in people and unfortunately the worst in people.

I’m getting a bit concerned. Number one, for everyone’s health but also our safety. New Orleans is a great city but we do have our fair share of crime here.

I just turned on our local news to get an update on what the primate center at Tulane University had to say. Tulane was asked to do a study on the spread of the virus and to look into producing a vaccine to be used in the future. The primates have been injected with the virus and the study is underway.

After I saw that story another story came on showing residents being evicted from their apartments. They can’t pay rent because they aren’t working.

People are starting to panic. Man, I remember this panicking after Katrina hit and people had no jobs and no homes and the violence that occurred. People were acting like animals. It wasn’t pretty. Downright scary.

I’m staying home but desperate people do desperate things and we will start seeing acts of violence. My husband is going out to the grocery. New Orleans police response time is slow. Keep us in your prayers.
(6)

HI, Yes and that was my basic intent in my 1st posting.. Trying 2 keep humor both alive and injected into THESE ALL 2 Serious times, when the 1/2 way point could b farther away than most think possible-unfortunately... One and All stay Well and Healthy and bless one and all too.. Thanx K.C.M.
(2)

Not sure I follow your posting exactly but I wish you all the best in life. People are stressed because it’s a stressful time. We are finding joy in our blessings too.

Be safe. Take care.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter