This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Great question Deborah1,

First, I would agrees with Ginger123. I would contact the VA. For veterans who served during a time of war or for their surviving spouses, the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension will pay additional income to cover long term care costs. The great news about this program is that VA will allow veterans’ households to include the annual cost of paying any person such as family members, friends or hired help for care when calculating the Pension benefit.

There are other options available for paying for eldercare: Reverse Mortgages, Long Term Care Insurance, Medicare and more.

Best Wishes!

Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to get paid as a caregiver. There is some assistance available, but it varies widely by state.
Check out the Paying for Care section of the website. This link will take you there:

Here's an article about Vets that might help:

Hang in there, and visit the site often to talk with other caregivers who are going through similar challenges.

Have you contacted the VA. There is a thing called Aid and Attendance with the VA that will give the Veteran or widow more money because they need help to pay for medical expenses, caregivers, etc. I dont know all the details but you do need to contact the VA to see if your parents qualify.

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter