Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My mother enjoyed playing " 21" from to time. For all these activities, yes, most reside ts needed to be wheeled in. But that was the activitys director job, to organize that.
(1)

CWillie; to answer your earlier question, I believe the facility itself maintained the garden.
(2)

Bingo is everywhere. The problem with bingo, at least at mom's nursing home, is that the frail, the blind, the deaf, those who are too antsy to sit still, the wanderers, and especially the people who need a staff member to push them there (and they are the majority) never, ever get to take part.
(2)

My mom enjoys Bingo, arts and crafts, all the entertainment, and church service. She never did arts and crafts, until SNF. I don’t recall her playing Bingo even though my brother and I had a Bingo game. They do puzzles. She also folds towels for the hair dresser. She’s always busy.
(2)

I don’t know how common it is in other parts of the country, but where I live, Bingo is quite common in nursing homes. They play it five times a week during the day, and once on Friday evening for family to join. They win $1.00 for a Bingo and $3.00 for a blackout. At least 15-20 residents partipate daily, most playing multiple cards. My parents have moderate dementia and very limited mobility but manage to play daily.

Another activity they enjoy is the monthly “Auction”. Residents are given fake money and they are allowed to bid on items. These items are bought with money from the Activities fund or donated. Each month I donate a crocheted scarf and hat set. Most of the items are things the residents could use in their room or for personal use.
(3)

Yes, singalongs.
(2)

Barb, did the facility maintain the garden or was that taken care of by volunteers? Mom's place has a garden area that has fallen into disrepair and in my opinion is underutilized.
(3)

My mom loved singalongs and Bible study.

Her nursing home had an adaptive garden with raised beds that was nice for a lot of the residents in the Spring and Summer.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter