Follow

The short answer is . . . YES!

Mama died July 27th. I told you about that the other day. Her next oldest sister died this morning after months in the hospital in ICU. She underwent many complications and procedures. Finally this morning, the doctors said all of her bodily functions had shut down and it was time to "pull-the-PLUG"

She's, gone, Mama's gone and the pain just keeps coming. There is only 1-sister left. She's my age. We're praying for strength. We know we're blessed and . . .

God's Got THIS! I know HE will see us through it.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Fuzzyknot, yes HE has got this. That doesn't mean it is not a hard trial.

I pray that you and your family are blessed with grieving mercies and strength during this difficult time.

Your momma and her sister are waiting for the time when you will all be reunited, when there will be no more goodbyes. What a day that will be!

Great big warm hug!
(1)

Condolences on these sad losses.
(2)

ITRR - Thank you so much for your warm words of wisdom. Pray that our family be blessed with grieving mercies and strength during this difficult time is just what we need. Only prayer and belief will see us through. Thank you!
(1)

Barb- Thank you so much for your condolences, that means a lot to me. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
(0)

Oh no, my friend!

I know if feels as though your heart will truly break, that it cannot bear any more loss, but it will slowly get better. Together, as a family. Covid makes things so hard right now; people are forced apart and must grieve in private.

The old adage, “God only gives us what we can handle” may sound cliche, but it’s true. But even God doesn’t expect you to be fine and walking around like nothing’s ever happened for a long while yet. Grief is a long process. Personally, I find the last step the hardest - acceptance.

Open up your feelings. Feelings of grief that they are no longer here. Feelings of happiness that they are no longer in pain or discomfort. Our frail bodies are merely vessels to our souls. Think of how happy they are with lost loved ones once again. To me, that is the greatest comfort. I hope you find comfort there, as well.

Hugs, my friend.
(1)

Lizbitty - This is so very touching, it feels as if we're sitting together, taking. Your warm heartfelt words are comforting. Thank you for reading here and especially for leaving this warm response.
(0)

Condolences and Prayers to you and your family.
(0)

Cover99 - Thank you for your Condolences and Prayers to me and my family. I appreciate that so much. You're very kind.
(0)

Life is strange with its twists and turns. I'm getting ready for bed, thinking about this morning's news about Aunt Kate's passing. The strange part is . . . I posted about Mama's passing the other day and messages and support here inspired me to get started with moving forward.

During my doctor's appointment Tuesday morning, my doctor and I had a long talk about how things are going since Mama passed. She was very supportive and extremely helpful. After my appointment I stopped by the Eye Care Center, and made an appointment to get new eye glasses (which I have been needing for over a year).

Yaaa, PROGRESS! I accomplished something I needed to do for myself that I've been putting off since I started caregiving for Mama.

One step forward and two steps bacwards . . . again!

I resolve though, I will do like the "Donkey in the Well" . . . pile up the dirt one shovel full at a time and step up . . . one pile of dirt / situation at a time!
(1)

*NOTE to Self: It Could Be Worse

Frank always looked on the bright side. He would constantly irritate his friends with his eternal optimism. No matter how horrible the circumstance, he would always reply, "It could have been worse."

To cure him of his annoying habit, his friends decided to invent a situation so completely bad, so terrible, that even Frank could find no hope in it.

On the golf course one day, one of them said, "Frank, did you hear about Tom? He came home last night, found his wife
in bed with another man, shot them both and then turned the gun on himself!" 

"That`s awful," said Frank, "But it could have been worse."

His bewildered friend asked, "How in the world could it have been worse?" 

"Well," replied Frank, "If it happened the night before, I`d be dead now!”
(5)

FK, that is too funny.

I spewed water all over.

Thanks for the laugh.
(0)

Everything could always be worse, so be grateful that things are only as bad as they are. Quote: Alexander McCall Smith
(1)

“Just be happy that it is what it is and not what it could be because after all, it could always be worse”. Quote - Connor George Serbin
(0)

Remember: It could always be worse

Childbirth at 65

With all the new technology regarding fertility recently, a 65-year-old friend of mine was able to give birth. When she was discharged from the hospital and went home, I went to visit.

"May I see the new baby?" I asked

"Not yet," She said 'I'll make coffee and we can visit for a while first."

Thirty minutes had passed, and I asked, "May I see the new baby now?"

"No, not yet," She said.

After another few minutes had elapsed, I asked again, "May I see the baby now?"

"No, not yet,"' replied my friend.

Growing very impatient, I asked, "Well, when can I see the baby?"

"WHEN HE CRIES!" she told me.

"WHEN HE CRIES?' I demanded. 'Why do I have to wait until he CRIES?"

"BECAUSE I FORGOT WHERE I PUT HIM, OK?!!!"

Source - santabanta.com
(2)

FuzzyKnot, she forgot where she put him. I almost spit Oreos all over the screen! LOL!!

Sorry to hear of your Mama and aunt passing. I’ll be keeping you in prayer. As you said, “God’s got this! I know He will see us through it.”
Amen to that!!
(0)

Yes hallah, when I read that "she forgot where she put the baby", I had the same reaction as you. Thank you so much for the prayers, I appreciate that a lot.
(0)

gladimhere, thank you for the feedback, and yes I read these threads all the time. I think about posting there sometimes, but I can barely keep up with the posts I already have as it is. Maybe one day . . .
(0)

We all know Things could always be worse, so why not make it better?

Here's how: There’s a game called It Could Be Worse where each player has to think of something awful that “really” happened . . .

Want to know more? Are you really interested in making things better? Do you wish things were better?

Try it, you might like it! https://www.deepfun.com/it-could-be-worse/
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter