Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
JoAnn, how is everything this a.m..?
(1)

JoAnn,

When I think of how this situation would have been dealt with in the past it makes me shudder. The modern advances in medicine are remarkable!

Look at the robotic surgery that goes on today. Some people are afraid of it. I would welcome it in certain cases because some surgeries are performed better with robots.

Humans have limited abilities whereas robots can be absolutely amazing.
(0)

JoAnn, thanks for the update!
(0)

JoAnn, just finding this info about your Gson! I will certainly pray for him.

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God"
- Isaiah 43:1-3
(4)

Prayers for you and your family.
(2)

Praise God
(1)

prayers...
(1)

Going to continue to hold on tight until you tell us that bleed is stopped, JoAnn. Glad this is over for him and for all of you.
(1)

Very good news, "JoAnn29,"

That should be very encouraging to you and your family as well as a relief. I know there's a ways to go but, this is a great start!
(1)

Here is an update from my daughter.

"Update. Just spoke to the surgeon. Surgery went well and Sam is currently in the post anesthesia area. Sam is waking up as expected and following short commands. Small bleed was found after surgery, and will be rechecked by CT scan tonight to make sure it doesn’t get any bigger. Thank you everyone for the love and support!!!"

Again thank u for all the prayers.
(11)

Yes!
(0)

Someone has been thinking of you and your grandson in Italy! Give us some news when possible
(2)

Dear "JoAnn29,"

Continued prayers for all who are involved in your grandson's surgery/care and I'm sure everyone else who is praying for your family's situation thanks you for giving us updates in spite of how much is going on!

I remember in my early 20's at my first full-time job witnessing a co-worker having an epileptic seizure and it was frightening as someone who never new what they experienced.

May God's love and presence surround all of you!
(3)

Still praying for all of you, JoAnn. 💓
(1)

Again, thank you all. My daughter has messaged and surgery is set for 11am.
(2)

Your grandson as well as you & your family are in my prayers. I also prayed for the staff to have the strength, knowledge & skill needed for a successful surgery, provide comfort to your grandson & help him in his recovery which I pray will be seizure-free. 🙏🙏
(2)

Praying for your grandson and family.
(1)

JoAnn, thanks for the update so far.  I'm looking forward to good news for the next event, and appreciate the time you're taking out of a challenging week to keep us posted.

And best wishes to all the family for endurance through an emotionally busy time.
(1)

I had surgery yesterday & DH was allowed in with me every step of the way, except into the OR itself. He was in the hospital overnight a few weeks ago (nothing serious on either end) and I was allowed in with him every step of the way (a different hospital) also. He was allowed to have one guest visit in his room at any given time, same while in the ER. We're in Denver Colorado. The restrictions here are quite lenient compared to elsewhere in the country, and even within certain hospitals state wide. My DIL is pregnant, for instance, and my son isn't allowed in to her OB/GYN visits with her, which irritates me and I'd make a stink about it if it were me. He can go in with her to the gender reveal in a couple weeks but we already know it's a girl b/c I did the infamous Pin Test which NEVER lies!! LOL.

Still sending prayers and keeping your GS in my thoughts daily.
(4)

Thanks all for the prayers. Please keep them coming. He may have a long road ahead.
(4)

Alva, actually they don't allow you passed the front lobby. And believe me those chairs were not made to sit on for hours. They got there about 9am and R left about 4pm. Its a 45 min drive from the hospital. She called to see what youngest son wanted at MDs. When she got to my house, she had his dinner but not hers. She said she ate it from MDs to my house which is about 10 min. She was so hungry, guess she wasn't allowed to use the cafeteria. No, don't want to go out of the hospital. Why is it hospitals in cities are in the worst part of the town?
(2)

JoAnn, your grandson ever in my loving thoughts. The "waiting room" is the worst room in the house. Let him know that tomorrow night will be here before we know it and that this will be over. So hopeful for him. Holding you in a huge hug. Al.
(2)

Best wishes to your grandson for his surgery and for a speedy and full recovery.
(1)

Thank you for the update! Prayers for success tomorrow.
(1)

Prayers for your grandson, for healing and recovery
(1)

Joann, thanks for the update. I am so hopeful for this to help. Will be so anxious to hear. He has lots of good thoughts on his side.
(3)

JoAnn, I will keep your grandson in my prayers.
(2)

I actually put this under questions. My post always seem to go to discussions.

Thank you all. Today Gson had holes drilled in his head to put electrodes on the brain. He has been taken off meds and they are waiting for a seizure to map the brain. If all goes to plan, his surgery will be on Wed. He was in postop when my daughter left. Will be in ICU about 9pm. She couldn't stay. Hospital is in a city and u don't want to be in that area after dark.
(7)

I'm praying for a successful surgery and healing for your grandson. My husband developed seizures(grand mal) after he had his massive stroke in 1996, so I know how scary those can be. It took his neurologist many years and many different drugs before he was able to keep them under control. God bless you.
(0)

My prayers are with you and your family. I work in a Neuro ICU,, things have come along way and I am hopeful for you all
(3)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter