Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
JoAnn, thanks for the update so far.  I'm looking forward to good news for the next event, and appreciate the time you're taking out of a challenging week to keep us posted.

And best wishes to all the family for endurance through an emotionally busy time.
(1)

Praying for your grandson and family.
(1)

Your grandson as well as you & your family are in my prayers. I also prayed for the staff to have the strength, knowledge & skill needed for a successful surgery, provide comfort to your grandson & help him in his recovery which I pray will be seizure-free. 🙏🙏
(2)

Again, thank you all. My daughter has messaged and surgery is set for 11am.
(2)

Still praying for all of you, JoAnn. 💓
(1)

Dear "JoAnn29,"

Continued prayers for all who are involved in your grandson's surgery/care and I'm sure everyone else who is praying for your family's situation thanks you for giving us updates in spite of how much is going on!

I remember in my early 20's at my first full-time job witnessing a co-worker having an epileptic seizure and it was frightening as someone who never new what they experienced.

May God's love and presence surround all of you!
(3)

Someone has been thinking of you and your grandson in Italy! Give us some news when possible
(2)

Yes!
(0)

Here is an update from my daughter.

"Update. Just spoke to the surgeon. Surgery went well and Sam is currently in the post anesthesia area. Sam is waking up as expected and following short commands. Small bleed was found after surgery, and will be rechecked by CT scan tonight to make sure it doesn’t get any bigger. Thank you everyone for the love and support!!!"

Again thank u for all the prayers.
(11)

Very good news, "JoAnn29,"

That should be very encouraging to you and your family as well as a relief. I know there's a ways to go but, this is a great start!
(1)

Going to continue to hold on tight until you tell us that bleed is stopped, JoAnn. Glad this is over for him and for all of you.
(1)

prayers...
(1)

Praise God
(1)

Prayers for you and your family.
(2)

JoAnn, just finding this info about your Gson! I will certainly pray for him.

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God"
- Isaiah 43:1-3
(4)

JoAnn, thanks for the update!
(0)

JoAnn,

When I think of how this situation would have been dealt with in the past it makes me shudder. The modern advances in medicine are remarkable!

Look at the robotic surgery that goes on today. Some people are afraid of it. I would welcome it in certain cases because some surgeries are performed better with robots.

Humans have limited abilities whereas robots can be absolutely amazing.
(0)

JoAnn, how is everything this a.m..?
(1)

Alva, just texted him to see how he is doing. Daughter suppose to visit sometime today. She said only 1 person being let up at a time or a day? Couldn't remember which. She was suppose to call me when she found out. Her car is gone so I will assume she went up. Thanks for asking. Will post when I know more.
(2)

JoAnn,

I don’t have any grandchildren but if I did I would cherish them. I can’t imagine how difficult this situation is for all of you.

You’ve been through the toughest part, the surgery itself. Now it’s hard waiting to hear news of the outcome.

Keep faith, dear lady. You have always given wise and practical advice on this forum.

I know that you certainly appreciate everyone’s prayers, thoughts and warm wishes.

We stand behind you 100 percent and will rejoice along side of you as your grandson regains strength and healing.
(1)

Update from daughter

"Just got home from Cooper. Currently in ICU being watched closely for any post operative complications. Sam is responsive and answers simple questions appropriately. Not very talkative and very tired. He was happy to see me, even though he is miserable. Rough seeing your normally “happy-go-lucky” and social child void of his personality traits. Told him this is the worst of it and he will feel better as the days go by. The nurse today is fantastic and I know he’s in good hands. I spoke with both the Medical and Neurology teams whom are very happy with his progress. Please continue with positive vibes and prayers! After today, we both will need them!"
(12)

Wonderful, JoAnn! I’m so glad to were able to visit him.
(1)

"JoAnn29," -

So glad your grandson is recovering so well in such a short amount of time and considering what a delicate type of surgery he had. He truly is in good hands and that should go a long way with any anxiety felt by not only your family but, "Sam" himself! I'm sure being able to see him was a a relief - continued prayers!
(5)

Such good news!. Continued healing!
(1)

God is so good!
May HE continue to touch your grandson and his caregivers.
(1)

Hi JoAnn,
Continue to pray for your dear grandson. Thank you for the update, and wish him a speedy recovering. Glad things are going well. Take care.
(1)

Oh, I am praying right now. My older son developed a seizure disorder at age 9. Fortunately, he is doing well. He still takes medication. I am praying for your grandson's total healing and recovery.
(3)

Sam is still progressing well Surgeon said. He is now in a regular room. Has a really bad headache but that is expected. Maybe released early next week. Daughter and I feel that coming back to my house maybe a good thing. She, as most of you know by now, is an RN and also lives 4 doors down. So makes sense.

Again, thanks for all the prayers. I believe they have really helped and will continue to. Thank you all.
(8)

JoAnn,

Sounds like your grandson and your daughter are very strong. No doubt, they learned about faith and courage from you.

I can’t imagine how it feels to be facing brain surgery. I have faith in God and the medical community.

It is astonishing how far we have come in treating very complicated issues.

So happy to hear that he is in his own room.
(0)

Dear "JoAnn29,"

It truly is amazing everything Sam and your family have been through yet, how far he has come in the recovery process and in a little less than a week getting to go home. I've know others who have had brain surgery and well, I can only say it didn't end well.

The plan to have him come back to your home where your daughter is close by is great!

Never doubt the power of prayer!
(1)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter