Follow

Everything my 93 year old dad does gets on my nerves and I get cranky at him. I know he can't help it,but I don't know what to do. I take med. for depression because he lives with us but I am sure they are not working. I'm losing hope.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I completely understand as I am burnt out as well. Even though your dad lives with you, get help in now. Can he go to adult day care? If not again, get help now. Its relief for you, companions for him as well as help for him. There are multiple ways financially to do so. Medicare, medicaid, Insc, funds, volunteers. My grandpa refuses to hire to any one else ( he kept one girl on that didnt lessen her hours and by no choice calls other one back when I cant get him to appts.) but at this point you will keep being depressed if you dont get help.

Please worry about you, I havent been able to and my health is going fast, my kids are worse, etc, please, you will get great advice from others here, take it! I should of but I let my guilt and guilt from others let me spiral down worse. Dont be like me! You can do this so many hugs to you and everyday build yourself back up. I know its hard, I get it, we all get it. Im with you in spirit.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter