Follow

My mom has lived with us 2 1/2 years. She has the master bedroom but complains about everything. We were in GA for a job but TX is our home and we were able to come back. She gave us about a 3 mile radius of where she would live. Her master bath is smaller than her GA bath. Her 2 closets aren't really big enough. We sleep in the Kids room upstairs. So tired of all the b*tching, complaining, it's all negative. She overthinks and worries like nothing I can even explain. She is stressed over her friend asking her to lunch on a day that she MIGHT be busy. She follows me around. I would love to go to a store ALONE.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I vividly remember my mother turning down an outing because 'Thursday was the day she bought the bread'. Gee, aren't they great! One good idea would be to plan a holiday for you and your husband, and check her into AL respite while you are away. She will survive, it will give her many more interesting things to complain about, and you never know, she might like it. Some 'shy and timid' people enjoy sitting back and just watching what is going on. Most importantly, you will get a break before you get even more fed up. And her two closets will seem enormous after what she gets in the AL room. You need a little smile as well as a vent!
(2)

She gets the master because she can't walk up the stairs she will be 89 in a few weeks. The good news is - My Husband and I have the whole upstairs to ourselves. She has Macular degeneration and doesn't see well at all. She can't drive and can't read any of her mail, or banking and so forth. My Dad was in a wheel chair when they moved in then he passed 4 months after they moved in. My Mother is very shy and timid she would not do well in Assisted Living. Some days are much tougher than others. We honestly don't mind being upstairs but it rubs me the wrong way for her to complain about her bathroom isn't big enough or the 2 master closets aren't that big. It helps to have a place to vent. THANK YOU
(0)

Why does she get the master bedroom? Why does she even live with you?
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter