Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I will check with the local community college to see what they may offer in the form of gym opportunities. Somehow, I'm not sure that they would let me utilize their facilities, if I'm not a student.

My mom makes great fudge and that's all I have each Christmas. She makes a large assortment for the family and also gives some away as gifts. She makes enough for me to take some to my office and to give the staff at my LO's MC as a nice gift. The MC staff really look forward to it.

What I now keep in mind is that some treats are not my friend. I can have them, but, not hang with them too much. lol I remind myself that the problem is not having one piece of fudge on Christmas Eve. The problem is to have 6 pieces on Christmas Eve and some everyday for the next week! lol I'm learning that moderation is the key and that a little bit is just fine.
(2)

Sunny, I wasn't a student when I went there; that's why the hours of use were restricted - students first, families second, and the rest of us last.

The friend who told me about this wasn't a student either. But it also might just have been a policy at that community college.
(2)

I'm checking it out for sure. Money is not the only deciding factor, but, why pay too much if I don't have to? My brother and his family attend the Y and that's a plus, but, they go at night and I would mainly be there in the day.
(0)

Hi. I live with my mother who is still pretty independent. She comes from a large family and does grocery shopping (and other shopping) for several reasons. 1) one to get out of the house. 2) she buys stuff 'because I got a good deal' etc. She buys stuff for me i think as gratitude for my help and having me around the house. I have asked her not to buy stuff for me. I will take full responsibility for putting it into my mouth but it would be great if it wasn't around.
(0)

Every time something from this thread pops up in my news feed I get hungry. Maybe I need to stop following? 🙄
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter