Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Oh yes, toasted walnuts any berries sounds yummy. I know what I'm having when I get home tonight.
(1)

Mishka I just had to see what you had up your sleeve, as I feel there is so much work behind caring for someone. I thought maybe you discovered a new technique to make the job a little simpler. But one thing for sure you did attract attention and I'm sure that you put a big smile on a lot of care givers faces and in their hearts. Thank you so much and a big hug to you. Ps with that sense of humar you are a great care giver. Take care
(2)

OMG - Spot on Mishka! I only wish my siblings took the time to follow a site like this one to try to understand what I do or feel. Oh well, at least I am sure of myself.
(3)

Thank you thank you thank you. Someone that really understands. I am like someone else above, I took almost total care of my mom for years and then at the end my sister comes and then leaves me with Dad now too.... 'he's just fine'. I even had the 'pleasure' of listening to suggestions from relatives who had not called or seen my mom but maybe once or twice a year. I hope the original poster calls the friend or relative she was taking the place of for two weeks and says Thank you, I had no idea how difficult care giving was.
(1)

Mishkam your post did not intimidate me at all, It just made me wonder/curious to see what it was about. But this is the first time that I've seen everyone whooping it up on here and enjoying them selves. Thanks everyone for making me smile this morning, My 24/7 life really needed that !!!
(2)

ihanaa, you need to get out here more. We have nothing but fun and distraction from the whacko world of caregiving! Wheeee!!
Hilarity Rules! It will keep you sane. When we laugh at absurdity, it gives a fresh perspective. You just have to be careful not to get hysterical, or you're back to whacko again! Heehee. Have fun:) xo
(1)

Even those of us who have been doing this for years keep saying it is only temporary, we are just saying it with less zeal than we use to.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter