Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
So I was having trouble with the home eye machine which monitors my dry Macular Degeneration. I was praying to the Lord that the machine would sort itself out. Tonight when I used it, I am hopeful that it seems to have worked itself out. That was such a worry all week, but my vision is good. 0ne's vision is EVERYTHING!
(1)

Everyone please be careful with this Corona Virus.
(1)

I believe that medicinal alcohol is what this is. I agree about the alcohol. But I feel that this use is not quite the same as having a drink.

But you have to use it to protect yourself from bacteria forming in the tincture.

I make my stinging nettle the same way. I use 80 proof vodka. I have tried rum in the past and I don't like the taste in my tinctures.

I figure 15 to 30 drops isn't going to cause any issues.

I always add mine to a small amount of warm water, is that how you prepare this?

Thank you for sharing this. I love being able to use the gifts from our God to take care of my family and keep them healthy the way The Lord intended.

You are such a blessing to this forum and myself. Your presence is missed.

Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge and spirit.

God bless you and keep you all the days of your life, may HE cause HIS spirit to fall upon you and may you dwell in the house of The Lord forever.
(3)

Isthisreal- Let me first say I am not a promoter of alcohol, we do not drink. But in order to draw active constituents from some herbs, alcohol is the only way you can do it. So basically I filled a quart jar with chopped dried sage leaves( well actually chopping is better, but I just left mine whole, I find it really doesn't make a difference), and then cover it at least 2 inches above the leaves with 190 proof alcohol. Vodka or Everclear. You then keep it sealed and in a dark place for a month. Shaking it everyday. You can strain it then and put it in dropper bottles. That much will last a long time. If you need more info about it, let me know.

I came home from work today and DH was not feeling well, I made him take some, he is feeling better, his head stopped hurting and I felt great today after 2 days of miserable. So the stuff works great.
(3)

smeshque can you share how you made your tincture?
(1)

Glad you are feeling better. Your home remedy sounds like it really helped. Reminds me of ‘Granny’ on The Beverly Hillbillies. She was always concocting something. She and Jed were so cute!
(2)

I hope you all are well.
Mom is having second thoughts on going on the trip next month. I keep my opinion to myself I want the choice to be hers. So I leave it to the Lord whatever HIS will is.
DH had to do a job in the city without me today for the first time. :( I was a little sad about not being able to go with him. I requested the afternoon off from work(with pay, how lovely)
so I could spend a little time with Mom, we had a couple of appointments and I took her to lunch and we did a little shopping. It was nice, I have missed her so much since going back to work. I felt so drained the last few days, like I was getting sick. Everyone at work seems to be sick or getting there. But the last two days I felt like I was going to die. And last night was the worst. I have been pumping myself full of vitamin C and garlic. This morning at work I felt like i might just have to come home and go to bed. So sick. But I persevered and kept my appointment with Mom, did not want to disappoint her. Then I recalled my sage tincture I made. And took a dose of it and I kid you not, shortly after I started feeling better. Right now I am soooo happy I feel almost normal. All praise and Glory and thanks to our merciful God.
So my little concoction has been good for tooth ache and now cold/flu. Good stuff the Lord created for us to use.
AB is still having shoulder trouble, finally has an appointment for MRI. But it has been a long time coming. Going through the VA is a treacherous task.
I am so glad tomorrow is Friday, I am ready for it.
Much love and prayers for you all.

“...The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
Psalms 27:1 (
(3)

NHWM
It will have to be a very special dog for me to get another.
I still have 2 but Gracie was my girl. So I cannot imagine there being one as special as she was.
(3)

Smeshque,

After my little schnauzer died I swore I would never go through that pain again. Then six months later I wanted another pooch. Then we got our greyhound. When he died I was devastated again. Now, I really don’t feel like I can go through losing another dog. It is so heartbreaking.
(1)

I just want to thank you all. What a joy it was to me to see all your condolences. Thank you for the love and kind words, You all are something special. You have blessed me this night with your words and care. Thank you SO much!
My DH handled things well out of concern for me, I am grateful for that. He knows what will cause me grief and he takes care of those things as much as he can, to spare me as much of it as possible. I thank him for that. I couldn't handle those things emotionally I know. So I thank the Lord for him.
There is an obvious hole each day that Gracie filled. It is so sad how we never truly appreciate what we have until it is gone. That is so unfortunate. But Gracie and I had good times and she was the best dog I have ever had and I have had several through the years. Her son Gus misses her like I do. He has been a little unlike himself and very clingy to me. He and Gracie would play everyday until they both tired out.
I miss her tail tapping on the floor when I would smile, or when she was happy. It was the sweetest thing that she would tap away if I smiled or laughed. She knew me better than my humans. :)
Again thank you all for showing me kindness and understanding. I am truly grateful for each of you.

The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Psalms 19:9-10
(4)

Smeshque: Oh, I am so sorry to learn of Gracie's passing. You'd never mentioned that you had owned a dog (At least not to my recollection). What a sad thing. I feel badly for you. It's good that DH told you the way that he went about it. At least you didn't have to be even more shocked about dear Gracie. I send you many condolences.
(3)

smeshque
I'm so sorry to hear about Gracie. I can relate. I'm a cat lover and have had several pets who have passed away. It hurts everytime. It hurts even when they have to be given away. I hope this verse helps, I know it was one of my cat's favorites :) "A righteous man takes care of his animal." Proverbs (I think it's 10:12 but I could be wrong) God gives us everything for our enjoyment and makes everything beautiful in its time. I'm sure Gracie wanted for nothing and you took very good care of her.
I couldn't have pets where I am now, but wouldn't anyway. It would be too upsetting to have to deal with the loss alone.
Grieve, and remember the good times (this may come later).
I just realized when writing this that it is just as hard to write condolences for a pet as it is for a loved one :) forgive me if I've said the wrong thing.
(2)

Aw Smeshque, so sorry. What a horrible shock for you. You cry as much or as little as you need to. God Bless!
(3)

Sorry Smeshque for the loss of your pet Gracie.
An unexplained death is also hard on you.

It was actually kind of your husband to try to spare you. I hope that is comforting to you, and that he understands how you would cope if he took care of everything.

You are much more gracious than I would be able to be in those circumstances. What a shock to lose her that way. So sorry.
(3)

Smeshque,

I am so sorry about Gracie. She had a good home with you! It’s so hard to lose an animal. They truly are part of our family. I was devastated when my last dog died. He was the sweetest dog in the world. I rescued him from the track (greyhound) but he rescued me in some ways too.

Greys are an extremely old breed. Cleopatra had a greyhound. They are the only breed mentioned in the Bible. Great dogs! All dogs are wonderful! You will miss your pooch. I think we will be reunited with them in the afterlife. They are God’s creatures.
(2)

Oh smeshque I am so sorry.

I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.

May God grant you grieving mercies and comfort during this difficult time.

Praise The Lord that she had joy right up to her last day, what a blessing that I wish we could all receive.

Great Big Warm Hug!
(4)

I came home from work this evening and was on my way to my usual pit stop, and DH followed me which was not normal and told me he needed to talk to me. So I skipped my pit stop because I knew he was about to tell me something serious as I can read his countenance.
He said Gracie died. :( (Gracie was my dog, the greatest dog ever, and I loved her dearly, she was a great comfort and joy to me). I wondered what happened, because just last night she was so happy and playful and no sign of anything wrong. She has not been sick or had any health problems. So I just could not believe it.
He said when he got around this morning and was putting wood in the stove, he saw that she just didn't move. And well she was gone. He took care of her and buried her next to one of her puppies.
But this is crazy, she wasn't sick, wasn't hurt and just gone. I cried for quite a while and still am having moments, I just cannot believe it. I have never been so attached to a dog as I have been to her. She was super smart and would have made a great search dog, She loved playing that game of searching for things. I tried to each night with her.
But anyway, My Gracie is gone. I am a little saddened by this.
But what can I complain about, my family is all well and I am still here. So I am grateful to God for all HIS blessings.

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
2 Corinthians 5:17
(4)

“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
1 John 4:18
(4)

Hi Everyone!
I have missed you all. I have been so tired lately, haven't much felt like writing. Just thought I would stop by and share some.
My job is going well, I am getting use to the new routine. Mom and DH and Ab have done much better with the new routine than I have. They are doing well, thank the Lord.

So, my oldest sister has been talking with Mom now at first through text and now phone calls, for a few months now, I am so happy she is trying to have a relationship.
My Moms sister has moved to live with her daughter. Mom hasn't seen this sister in about 30 years. So my oldest sister told my Mom that she was going to go visit Moms family and she asked mom if she wanted to go. At first I was upset about this. I mean for the last 5 years I have been the sole player in my parents life and now oldest sister gets to play the hero. That is how I felt at first, But Mom has the opportunity to see her older Brother as well that she hasn't seen in almost 20 years and some friends of hers where we use to live. So this will be a wonderful adventure for Mom. So I got over myself and am trying to be happy for Mom and joyful with her as she is super excited. I still do not like this, but Mom is in the Lord's hands and I know HE will take care of her as HE has her whole life. He is in charge whether Mom is right next to me or whether she is thousands of miles away.
It will be for 10 days. So yeah.....sigh..... I will be glad when she gets back home safely.

This will be the first time in 5 years DH and I have been alone. Well AB will still be around. But not so much in the house with us except at meal time. So this is going to feel SO awkward. I know that probably sound silly. But we have not been alone in 5 years.

Well Anyway I love you all and hope you all are doing well. Take care of yourselves and know that you are Loved!

Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
Psalms 112:1
(5)

“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”
Matthew 11:29
(5)

A good night to you all.

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Romans 15:4
(3)

Donkey,

Welcome. Continue to pray. Prayers help. It’s hard being an only child and feeling like you’re alone. It’s hard being a child with siblings like many of us have that we do not have a good relationship with. God knows I tried to have a good relationship with my siblings but it’s impossible in certain circumstances and we have to put it behind us.

It’s interesting to me that only children want siblings to have someone. People with rotten siblings would prefer to be only children to avoid the conflicts. No situation will ever be perfect.

Those with siblings that care for each other are truly blessed.

We are here though and you can vent to us anytime!
(4)

New here. Oh my. Thanks for posting this. This has been my struggle for a while. When you are the only child, there is no one to turn to for opinions much less help. Everyone says "Take care of yourself first," How do you do that ? I too pray about the resentment I often feel when I see how others are enjoying life and doing whatever they want.
(3)

Edit - the friend had a BISSEL that got lost enroute. Hope you enjoy your's smeshque. I had "adopted" my brother's team - the SF 49ers since our stellar Baltimore Ravens was taken out of contention by the Tennessee Titans.
(1)

Smeshque: A friend had a Bisset that was never delivered but after weeks she got her money refunded. I have SO many vacuums and a Swifter and a broom, which is all I need at my age. Online is great. Use it all the time.
(1)

I have the bissell and I love it too. My friend has a shark. It has a longer cord which is nice. They both clean well.

I will never go back to a mop and bucket! That is a lot more work and floors aren’t as clean.

I never understood the swiffer thing. You have to keep buying pads and detergent. Steam mops you wash pad and no detergent
(1)

ISTHISREAL- I ended up getting a Bissell. DH and Mom picked it out for me.
I love that thing, I am so glad you all mentioned it, I don't know how I ever lived without one, :) It is great.
(4)

Smeshque, what steam mop did you end up getting?

I love mine too. My Shark eats up the dirty floors.🙂
(1)

I haven’t tried the online shopping. I should. It would save time.
(0)

We had a wonderful day of worship and sunshine.
The weekend went by way too fast.
Got my grocery order in for DH and Mom to pick up tomorrow. I love online grocery shopping, soooo convenient and love that DH and Mom can go pick it up while I am at work.
Just steamed mopped the floors I love that steam mop. I am a pretty boring person. :)

Congrats to all the Chief fans. Dh use to be a Chiefs fan, but we havent watched tv in many years now, let alone sports.

I wish you all a wonderful week.

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
John 14:27
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter