Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
smeshque: That is so lovely! Rosses003: You wrote beautiful things!
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."
(3)

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 2 Timothy 2:12
(2)

Amen Rosses- you are one who understands where I am at in my journey, that is such a blessing to finally hear someone speak it. Aren't we blessed to have Jesus, who understands it all.
(3)

We all go through this journey differently but at the end, I think we all learn and grow, emotionally and spiritually. I had to break down the process of choosing service like that to not feel like a failure myself.
And I know God understands us, weakness, shortcomings and all!
(2)

Rossess-beautiful job of explaining, also what I feel. You have said what I have been trying to find the words to explain, only God gave you the words.Hallelujah.
Thank you so very much, I truly appreciate you speaking truth and light.
May God bless you in your journey. Hope to see more of your understanding. You are a blessing.
(3)

Each one of us knows with certainty in our heart what is right and what is wrong. Some situations might be more complicated than others but at some point we know it with clarity. Most of the time doing what we know is right requires making very hard decisions and sometimes we choose to ignore it.

I think doing what’s right requires different levels of thoughts and actions and in a very simplified way when it comes to caregiving, I believe this would be the order:

- First, deciding to do what is right over what’s easy 
- Second, taking action and actually doing what’s right (putting others before us)
- Third, achieving a level of acceptance, commitment and understanding that allows us to do the right thing without resenting others or feeling sad or angry for what we are missing or sacrificing. Not blaming, not complaining, not feeling sorry for ourselves, not wishing our life was different...etc.

All the steps of that process are very challenging for our human condition, but when you break the process down like that, you may realize that if you’ve acknowledged what the right path is, and have followed it, the third step is a constant challenge, a constant test for our faith and our endurance. It really doesn’t end. Some days we succeed and others we fail. It basically intents perfection, which although not impossible, we know is a true challenge for all humans.

So, I really believe we don’t completely fail by not achieving perfect acceptance. That’s were prayer comes to our rescue, and where the Lord who knows our heart an our intent better than us, helps us, because He does undoubtedly help us every day and every second of each day, so we keep going.

Long answer to say that I do believe we should put others first, even if that requires keeping silent when we would like to say something to just defend ourselves. God knows our truth.

I also believe we need to apply common sense and take care of ourselves so we can serve. That’s not contrary to our dedication to service.

May God keep helping every one of us on this journey, caregivers and loved ones, and more so those that need care and attention yet are forgotten and not being cared for nor receiving love or consolation! 
(3)

Mally1- Sounds like a beautiful song. Unfortunately I do not know it that I am aware of. I would like to know it, or at least the lyrics.
It is one of my Mom's favorite verses, i bet she would love to know that song also, she loves singing.
I am going to try and find it. thank you for telling me about it.
(2)

Smes; I sing the song (found on an old record) "Thou, O Lord, art a shield...." in churches sometimes; it's a great song - do you know it?
(2)

In the Morning of joy
(2)

Psalms 3:3
"But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head."
(3)

May HE lift you up always.💙❤💜💛💚
(2)

You all are so edifying to me. Praises to our Lord Jesus and beautiful words of God. So lovely, so lovely.
You all bring me joy, I believe to our Saviour as well, glorifying and praising him.
Thank you so much. May God bless each of you in your situations of life.
(2)

I want to Praise The Lord Jesus for His mindfulness of me and my situation. I have the Tecarta KJV bible on my phone with the verse of the day, everyday the last 10 days the verses have been exactly what I needed to remember to let go and let God have his wonderful way in my life. God Bless all of you caregivers.
(1)

smeshque: Beautiful verse!
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock
(1)

Dear partsmom,

Thank you for sharing.

Dear smeshque,

Thank you for your continued blessings.
(0)

Amen trustingHim. He is the only way I make it each day. I will keep you in my prayers as well, as I do all of you.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
(4)

trustingHim: Couldn't agree more!
(1)

I hear you, I struggle also. I am caring for my mother-in-law which she lives in her own home she is unable to do anything her herself so she has caregivers but the is also a problem and a challenge. I'm sandwiched between her and my own family (children, taxi mom, house, husband, etc.) But God is my strength to make it through another day. When we are weak He give us the strength for the day. Praying for you.
(4)

Good evening to all I do hope everyone is fairing well, and getting spiritual nutrition from God's word.
(1)

partsmom: That is a lovely verse.
(0)

Partsmom I too hold fast to that verse.I am sorry about your Dad, I lost mine a little over a year ago, it is difficult. I am glad you found comfort in Gods words. You are right it doesnt say all things will be good, but the outcome of it will be. Thank you for that post.
I heard a good lesson today on redeeming the time. Not overlooking or passing up opportunities to do good, while waiting for what you think it should look like. Anyway it was an eye opener.
May God bless you all.
(2)

I would just like to add to the mention of Romans 8:28, that this is a verse that kept me going the summer that my father passed. When it says "all things" it does not say that any of the "things" are good, but that the sum total is--and it was a transformational period in my life.
(2)

smeshque: You're welcome. One of my fav verses.
(0)

Thank you LL.
Both the Humbling part and the casting all my cares upon him. I am sooooooo trying to do those things. Thank you for bringing that verse to mind. A reminder to me and all of us, to continue growing.
(1)

1 Peter 5:6-7 (KJV) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
(1)

Psalms 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
(1)

smeshque: You're welcome. Agreed!
(0)

Than you for the scripture. there is nothing as refreshing than God's word.
(1)

Thank you smeshque! Here is an uplifting one: 1 Thessalonoans 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other just as in fact you are doing."
(0)

Thank you LL., you inspired me with yours that you posted.
Your turn
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter