Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
There are good days and bad days. But nevertheless there are days if we are blessed to get to see them. It has been a rough day. I have been tested on all sides, and I always feel I never get it right. Yet, I pray for another day to attempt to do better.
The apostle Paul had a thorn in his side, that he practically begged God to remove from him. God told Paul that HIS grace was sufficient.
It is a thought that maybe those things I never seem to improve upon, will always be the way it is. That God's grace is sufficient on the matter, and I must learn how to live well with it. Not letting it hinder me from my purpose and love for the Lord.

I think of you all through my day, knowing that I am not alone in the struggles I face and go through. Praying for you all to have strength and the love of God upon you.

I just keep telling myself, I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. That means anything, that is HIS word.
Much love to all my fellow caregivers, especially LL

2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
(2)

And to you as well, Smeshque--have a great night!
(1)

Its ok LL- worth repeating :)
Hope you have a very blessed evening and day tomorrow.
Much love and prayers
(1)

Great smeshque! Mine posted twice by error.
(1)

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:19
(2)

King James Bible
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:31
(1)

King James Bible
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
(1)

Oh, you are so sweet! Yes, after another high risk pregnancy even though my friend is under 30 (I think), she still had to be watchful for pre-eclampsia and is an advocate for assisting with it for others.
(1)

I am glad they are home. Great blessing, and great joy. Thank you for your kind words.

And, I feel nourished from your scripture posted.
(1)

I will surely do that!
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock. What lovely scripture, smeshque. Yes, my friend and her new little one came home yesterday. These, like you, are a wonderful, Godly group of friends, as are YOU!
(0)

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecclesiastes 12:13
(2)

As you LL are a blessing to me. I am glad she will be having a friend come and be with her for a bit. All of you are in my prayers.
(1)

Oh, smeshque, thank you SO much. You're a blessing to all to whom you write words of wisdom. Not sure if they're home as of yet, but a friend came in to help her from 5 states away!
(1)

LL_ Yay! that is wonderful, praise the Lord. Hope Mom and Baby are home soon to begin their new journey. Such a wonderful blessing. SO happy it all went well.
Psalms 127:3 
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
(1)

smeshque: My friend had her baby at 10:00 P. M. successfully last night. A second boy. All good.
Blessings...
(0)

LL-With a friend like you as support, she will be fine anywhere.
Are we not blessed to have the Lord as our helper. And there is no fear in the Lord.
(1)

Oh, what a glorious scripture verse, smeshque! Without any doubt, my friend will prevail even if she has to take her family of 8 to another state. Thank you for your concern about her; I appreciate it.

Hebrews 13:6
So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?" (NIV)
(0)

Thats unfortunate that she may have to move. But if she does I hope she finds a good place.

1 Corinthians 2:9 - But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
(1)

Oh, thank you so much! Yes, each of these 2 friends are Godly women. The mother of 6 is Supergirl! She may have to move out of this state as debts are so high for a special needs child and all of them can't be covered.
Your mom was Superwoman, too, with 6, one of them being special needs! God bless her!
(1)

I will be praying for your friend, both of them. I hope she has a healthy baby, and that she makes it through ok.
My Mom had 6 , the oldest was special needs. So I know first hand the amount of work and the labor of love that goes into that. Your friend is a good woman, as is my Mom. My oldest brother wasn't supposed to live past 6, but she took care of him for almost 50 years before the Lord took him. He was such a blessing.
(1)

Dearest smeshque: Oh, I am so glad that you got glory out of those sermons. My friend is going to get induced Wed. A. M. if she makes it that far. She has never gone past 38 weeks. Now she is at 38 and 5 days! I have another friend who is a mother of 6, with baby # 5 being a special needs infant. She gets glory from God each and every day and posts of blog on Baby Faith and never errs! Truly amazing!
I wish you and your mom a blessed evening!
(0)

Great verses, my dear LL.
Had two very good sermons today. One on what is your treasure., and lay up your treasures in Heaven, not on earth. The other was nothing is impossible with God.
Its amazing to think if we could just have faith as a grain of mustard seed, nothing shall be impossible to us. It shows that even as much faith as we have, it is only a little bit, and like a certain person in scripture, we should ask God to increase our faith.
Much love and prayers to and for you.
(1)

Psalms 104:4 - Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
(0)

Jeremiah 23:29 - [Is] not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer [that] breaketh the rock in pieces?
(0)

That is wonderful marymerry. I am so glad someone was used here to give you a blessed answer. Hopefully whoever was the bearer will recognize and let you know. I will be praying for you through the rest of your journey. It is a true labor of love what you are doing. May God bless you with your needs.

Looked it up and I believe the person who suggested it was dbcatz.
 and the topic of the thread was :Any advice getting Mom in and out of bed who is having trouble.
(1)

I can't find the thread I was on. It was about how to be able to move someone who has very limited mobility. Someone had suggested the Cloud lift chair/bed and said it was wonderful. It sounded like just what we needed so
I ordered it and it is wonderful. I did not want to put Mom in a facility but I was
so overwhelmed with not being able to manage her. This chair helps her get up out of the chair, then I can assist her to the commode beside the chair. Then I can use my homemade harness to lift her up from the commode and return to the chair. The lift chair gets her sat again. From that position she can go into the bed position (I had to have help to program the bed position). The only time I have to have someone else help is to use a drawsheet to get her in the right place and turn her to sleep on her side at night. She is on hospice so we do not have to worry about the side effects of sleeping in the chair. I am so thankful for this sight and the wonderful idea that has kept my mom at home. I think we
can keep her the rest of her journey in that chair. It has massage and heat to
help her be comfortable. The cost was less than 1 month at a facility so it was
a bargain. God has used someone on this sight to bless my Mom. Thank you
to that angel.
(1)

smeshque: That is indeed ironic that you also averted what could have been a blaze! We, too, have had strong winds, which simply adds fuel to fire. You, also, are a firw extinguisher!
(0)

LL- I was reminded of you yesterday. We were driving and we have been having terribly high winds. As we drove their was a little fire starting on the side of the road. Looked like maybe someone had threw out a cigarette. I thought of you, we were going to go tend to it when some others had stopped before we could get back around. But, so glad we all spotted it.
Made me think of your fire devastation you stopped. :)
There has been so many fires around the state, and these high winds have been not helping. The Lord sent some rain today that I am hoping helped the fighters, and just praying no one gets hurt. This evening outdoors was so smoky as the wind is blowing it in. Hope they get all the fires under control. Bad thing.
But hey, You got to stop one. You are a fire extinguisher. :)
Always in my prayers.
(1)

“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.”
Psalms 19:1
(2)

smeshque: My schedule works for me. It's when I have an earlier day that throws me off. Praises to you!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter