Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Psalms 143:8
(2)

I hope and pray all my fellow carers are doing well. I am maintaining. I have been handling things so much better thank the Lord. I came across Ashwagandha. I recommend it for anxiety and a more restful sleep. It is all natural and if you try it be sure to get the right kind, because there are many generic ones that are no good. But it has helped me so much. I am getting actual rest when I do get to sleep and my anxiety has I dare say, completely gone away. I am so grateful that the Lord has made many natural medicines. And I have tried many things that did not work, but this does. Hallelujah!

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.” 
Proverbs 9:10
(2)

I am so thankful that the Lord is Longsuffering.
Everyday I find something new I need to learn or change about myself or a new weakness.
Learning and growing will always be needful. But I am willing.

I hope all my fellow carers are doing okay. You all are in my prayers as you deal with your own struggles.
Occupying.

A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
Proverbs 1:5
(2)

True Love

Love can always conquer
Whatever discord brings
and love can also cover
a multitude of things.
Don’t you underestimate
what love can ever do,
for love is God eternal
and His love can renew.
What is cold and lifeless,
now lost all hope and died,
for love can breathe new meaning
and give it back new life.
Please don’t give up on love
when it seems that all is lost,
for there is always hope
if we’re prepared to pay the cost.
For love is always worth it
no matter how much the price,
for love will be much stronger
when we trust in Jesus Christ.
So let God have full reign,
let Him live within your heart
then you will know true love,
for this He will impart.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
(2)

Blessed Are They

Blessed are they who understand
My faltering step and shaking hand.
Blessed are they who know my ears today
Must strain to hear the things they say.
Blessed are they who seem to know
My eyes are dim and my answers slow.
Blessed are they who look away
When my tea was spilled at the table today.
Blessed are they who with a cheery smile
Will stop to chat for a little while.
Blessed are they who never say
“You’ve told that story twice today.”
Blessed are they who know my ways
And bring back memories of yesterdays.
Blessed are they who ease the days
And care for me in loving ways.
Blessed are they who make it known
I’m loved, respected and not alone.

Author Unknown
(2)

Crowder

"I Am"

There's no space that His love can't reach
There's no place where we can't find peace
There's no end to Amazing Grace
Take me in with your arms spread wide
Take me in like an orphan child
Never let go, never leave my side

I am
Holding onto you
I am
Holding onto you
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on
I am!

Love like this, Oh my God to find!
I am overwhelmed what a joy divine!
Love like this sets our hearts on fire!

[Chorus x2]

This is my Resurrection song
This is my Hallelujah come
This is why it's to you I run
There's no space that His love can't reach
There's no place where we can't find peace
There's no end to Amazing

I am
Holding on to you
I am
Holding on to you
I am holding on
I am
Holding on to you
I am
Holding on to you
I am holding on
I am
Holding on to you
I am
Holding on to you
I am holding on
I am!
I am
I am holding on
I am!

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” 
Mark 8:36
(1)

Send, Putting Jesus First is The absolute correct answer,the only answer, It took me a while but I finally got it through my head. :)

The last post is AWESOME, I love it so and I will read it often as a reminder. Awesome, thank you. We get so caught up in the vanities of life sometimes, we so easily forget our true work,

“Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.” 
1 Chronicles 16:11
(4)

Keep about your work. Do not flinch because the lion roars. Do not stop to stone the devil’s dogs. Do not fool around your time chasing the devil’s rabbits. Do your work; let liars lie; let sectarians quarrel; let editors publish; let the devil do his worst. But see to it that nothing hinders you from fulfilling the work God has given you. He had not sent you to make money; He has not commanded you to get rich. He has never bidden you to defend your character nor has He bidden you to contradict falsehoods about yourself which Satan and his servants may start to peddle. If you do these things you will do nothing else; you will be at work for yourself and not for the Lord. Keep about your work. Let your aim be as steady as a star. Let the world brawl and bubble. You may be assaulted, wronged, insulted, slandered, wounded, and rejected. You may be chased by foes, abused by them, forsaken by friend, despised and rejected of men, but see to it that with steadfast determination and with unfaltering zeal you pursue that great purpose of your life and the object of your being until at last you can say; “I have finished the work which you, dear God, have given me to do?”
(4)

Answer to Smesh, on original question:

Put Jesus first.
(3)

Matthew 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven
(2)

And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Colossians 3:14
(1)

Smeshque: You're welcome.
(1)

I have really been loving this song. If you can listen to it, you should. It has been my endurance song. In times I am feeling quite strained, I just sing it.

Morning, I see You in the sunrise every morning
It's like a picture that You've painted for me
A love letter in the sky
Story, I could've had a really different story
But You came down from heaven to restore me
Forever saved my life
Nobody loves me like You love me, Jesus
I stand in awe of Your amazing ways
I worship You as long as I am breathing
God, You are faithful and true
Nobody loves me like You
Mountains, You're breaking down the weight of all my mountains
Even when it feels like I'm surrounded
You never leave my side, oh oh oh
Nobody loves me like You
Oh, what a song to sing
Oh, what a song to sing
Oh, what a song to sing
Oh, what a song (my heart keeps singing)
Oh, what a song to sing (what a song)
Oh, what a song to sing (I'll never stop)
Oh, what a song to sing
Jesus, You love me
And I love You, God
God, I will worship You, forever worship You
Nobody loves me like You
Nobody loves me like You love me, Jesus (I'm a child of God)
I stand in awe of Your amazing ways (yes, I am)
Nobody loves me like You
Nobody loves me like You

It is by Chris Tomlin
(4)

Thank you Ll for that poem. The feelings of it are quite recognizable to many here on aging care.
(1)

I need to wash my hair
And take a shower
But here I sit
Enjoying this quiet hour
I need to put up Meds
And tidy up the room
But I cherish this time
To just be me
There will be plenty to do
Very soon
Right now I float
In this peaceful place
My mind has brought me to
Hard to let go
there is so much
I really need to do
My mind see saws
Back and forth
Of insulin shots
I need to give
Morning Meds and vitamins
Probiotics and other stuff
We need to live
Soon my hubby will be up
And need to start his day
With me assisting him
In each and every way
Making sure he doesn’t fall
While walking to his chair
Setting all his pillows
Before he sits down there
Making oatmeal and
A nice hot cup of coffee
Maybe a bottle of water
In case he starts coughing
Checking the swelling
In his ankles
Every morning
If they are swelling
I consider that a warning
As much as I’d love
To stay and chat
Now I must go
Get the important things done
Before my energy gets low
But I love to float
In this peaceful place
My mind brings me to
I see saw back and forth
So much yet to do
Theresa Loder
(3)

Yes LL- it is good to keep it in our forethought and heart. Helps when trying to maintain integrity and uprightness.
(1)

Smeshque: That is very special to recite it every night. Yes, I've memorized it, too.
(1)

Love that song too :)
(0)

"Fear, he is a liar", yes, by Zach Williams.
Zach Williams also sings:
"If you’ve been walking the same old road for miles and miles
If you’ve been hearing the same old voice tell the same old lies
If you’re trying to fill the same old holes inside
There’s a better life
There’s a better life
If you’ve got pain
He’s a pain taker
If you feel lost
He’s a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He’s a prison-shaking Savior
If you’ve got chains
He’s a chain breaker
We’ve all search for the light of day in the dead of night
We’ve all found ourselves worn out from the same old fight
We’ve all run to things we know just ain’t right
And there’s a better life
There’s a better life
If you’ve got pain
He’s a pain taker
If you feel lost
He’s a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He’s a prison-shaking Savior
If you’ve got chains
He’s a chain breaker
If you believe it
If you receive it
If you can feel it
Somebody testify
(3)

Send- Great song I love that song. I hear it on the radio too. I as well love your words, love them, and so true. Do you also know the song " Fear he is a liar"? Thank you for them. Fear is an ugly tool used by the enemy. But, we know there is NO fear in God.

LL- Mom, my Dh and I say that chapter every night together. We have it written in our hearts.
(1)

Song is a christian song, meant to be understood by believer's in Christ.
The song is NOT meant for your boyfriend or husband.
It is addressed to FEAR.
The spirit of Fear.
The song is not to a person. It is a song about when fear, a natural human emotion, becomes our enemy. Because we take our eyes off Jesus, and listen to the lies from the enemy. Many will read it and think it is a good breakup song for their hubs or boyfriends. That may be, but it is a christian song, speaking to FEAR, the spirit of fear.
The fear that the enemy peddles to our minds. 

However, sometimes our own husbands are used by the enemy (satan, with a small "s"), when they use fear words to control us. It is then that we must speak truth against those lies. If we understand our true battle is not with humans, and instead, it is with the spirit of lies from the enemy, we can speak up against those words, instead of hating or accusing our husbands. Instead, we may say:
" Do not allow the enemy to use you." "By the power of the name of Jesus, I ask Him to rebuke those lies."

There was a song in 1964, sung by Leslie Gore, entitled "You don't own me".
That song was for a boyfriend. Lol.
(4)

Psalms 1:1-6 KJV
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
(1)

Ephesians 6:12:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly places.

Here is a song to break up with fear:

Sick and tired of being sick and tired Had as much of you as I can take I'm so done, so over being afraid I've gone through the motions I've been back and forth I know that you're thinking you've heard this before I don't know how to say it So I'm just gonna say it, yeah Fear, you don't own me There ain't no room in this story And I ain't got time for you Telling me what I'm not Like you know me well guess what? I know who I am I know I'm strong And I am free Got my own identity So fear, you will never be welcome here Take a minute, let it settle in You probably never saw it coming Some thing's gotta give so I give up you, oh There's no room for you here Yeah, I've had enough The "No Vacancy" sign on my heart is lit up In case you didn't hear it Here it is again, Oh, fear, you don't own me There ain't no room in this story And I ain't got time for you Telling me what I'm not Like you know me well guess what? I know who I am I know I'm strong And I am free Got my own identity So fear, you will never be welcome here Is there anybody out there just like me? Anybody needing fear to leave? If you don't know how to say it Sing along with me Sing fear, you don't own me There ain't no room in this story And I ain't got time for you Telling me what I'm not Like you know me well guess what? I know who I am I know I'm strong, brave And I am free Got my own identity So fear, you will never be welcome here Whoa, goodbye, goodbye fear Whoa, you will never be welcome here Songwriters: Bart Millard / David Garcia / Francesca Battistelli

Heard it on the radio.....
(4)

Smeshque: Your post was genius!
(1)

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves; they will have no end of fun.

Blessed are those who can tell a mountain from a molehill; they will be saved a lot of bother.

Blessed are those who know how to relax without looking for excuses; they are on their way to becoming wise.

Blessed are those who are sane enough not to take themselves too seriously; they will be valued most by those about them.

Happy are you if you can take small things seriously and face serious things calmly; you will go far in life.

Happy are you if you can appreciate a smile and forget a frown; you will walk on the sunny side of the street.

Happy are you if you can be kind in understanding the attitudes of others even when the signs are unfavourable; you may be taken for a fool, but this is the price of charity.

Blessed are those who think before acting and pray before thinking; they will avoid many blunders.

Happy are you if you know how to hold your tongue and smile, even when people interrupt and contradict you or tread on your toes; the Gospel has begun to seep into your heart.

Above all, blessed are you who recognize the Lord in all whom you meet; the light of truth shines in your life for you have found true wisdom.
(5)

1 Corinthians 9:20-22. (NIV) Apostle Paul wrote:
20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.
(3)

Snugglebear, your words are an encouragement. thank you, fellow traveler.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psalms 84:11
(1)

I too struggle with this. I practive being present with my loved one totally while I am with him and when I am not I try and to be present for myself....taking in the beauty of a sunset, the warmth of a fire, making myself and actual meal. Staying grounded in the scripture and praise is a great comfort. You are not traveling this road alone I assure you.
(3)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Isaiah 26:3
(4)

Rosses and Smeshque: Oh, you're welcome! I am glad that you both liked the poem. Hugs.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter