Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Llama,
Everyone gets discouraged or down on themselves at times.
Take those thoughts captive too!
(2)

Send: Oh, thank you. Sometimes I feel as though I've outlived my use on this forum. But then you lifted me up to keep on. Thank you again so much!
(2)

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD...
Psalms 33:12

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2 Corinthians 10:3-5

Romans chapter 1:17-32
(5)

Llamalover,
You are correct to use the term "wrong thinking patterns", it all equals SIN.
This type of distorted thinking is the start of heading down the wrong path.
We should not believe everything we think. Instead, renewing our minds, turning every thought captive (see the bible verses), keeping our thoughts in accordance with scripture and NOT how the world views things.

One can enter your words into google search (wrong thinking patterns) and verses come up to explain this. As well as how to correct cognitive distortions, or "wrong thinking patterns".

You keep leading the way with using scripture, Llama.
I was encouraged by this conversation everyone.
(2)

The internet is also a factor, imo.

Agree, Nations who turn away from God perish.

Glad you all are here to add comforting scriptures.
(2)

cmagnum: "Wrong thinking patterns" was not an appropriate use of the English language. I apologize. It is far worse than wrong thinking.
(2)

smeshque: So true that when some in the world turn away from God, these things happen.
(2)

isthisrealyreal: So very true. Societal trends have turned away from God and the result is more and more violence in the world.

Lovely scripture verse.
(3)

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7
(4)

Isthisreal- Amen to that, that is the truth of the matter. Thank you for your boldness.
(1)

This is what happens when God is removed from the home. How many generations now? My family is on the 5th generation. Me being the exception.

Any nation that turns its back on God has perished through out history. America has turned from God and we are beholding the consequences.
(3)

I'm not sure how many or what percentage, but it would not surprise me if many of these sociopath serial killers were not physically or sexually abused. Either creates a lot of unresolved anger that it more than just bad thinking. These people and their families need to be detected early and helped if they will accept it.
(3)

cmagnum: Very much so - agreed. Society must address these individuals' wrong thinking patterns. It is very disturbing. If my mother were still alive, she would be frightened.
(4)

Especially for yesterday's mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton - Psalm 34:18: “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
(4)

Pray for the families of these killers and other dysfunctional families who are raising potential new killers to be transformed and liberated from their hate and whatever root cause or causes it has.
(5)

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
(6)

Prayers for Dayton...
(1)

Smeshque: Thank you. I will.❤
(2)

LLama- Thank you for the scripture, I hope you never quit posting them. :)
(3)

Praying for EL Paso.💔💔💔
(4)

Very sad.
Praying
(2)

Prayers for the El Paso massacre today. Heartbroken.
(3)

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
(3)

Matthew 5:37 says "Let your no be no and your yes be yes" You cannot always put everyone before yourself becsuse it clearly leads to burnout. Saying no is not a sin. It is acknowledgement to YOUR limits. That is not a sin. And if you burn yourself out,what earthlygood will you be for others?
(4)

Smeshque, I do believe that there are people who do right and people who just appeared to do right. No one is prefect but we do the best we can:)

Gershun there is no need to apologize. Words matter and I am one who is uses my own words; like you, my sig other is not a believer, but I love showing him how God moved in our lives:)

Isthisrealyreal, it wasn't that I felt unwelcome. It was that they treated me rudely and look down their nose at me and I was basically kid. But that didn't stop me from loving Jesus. It did stop me from liking Christians for a long time. But you are right, people always disappoint but our Lord sure doesn't:)

I do love this thread whether it is scripture or in one's own words...its all good!

🙌🙏💕
(5)

EDIT:
There will be no more spitting on here, Lol. Smeshque.

You are deeply loved.
(1)

I want to retract a word I used in the following post:
Gershun- I have learned that it is not so much in spitting scripture at others as it is the way we live, the way we speak, the way we act.

I truly did not mean to use the word spitting, as that is very disrespectful to the Lord. So I do apologize for that use of word.
I wish I could take that word back. What I truly meant was that it not in only speaking scripture to others to confirm our belief, but that we must also live it.

So I am very sorry to everyone, I did not mean to use that word. I pray the Lord forgives me for that error.

The apostle Paul said:
"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I."
Romans 7:15
(2)

Les Feldick has a free website with great answers to Q. Also Mathew Mcgee does.
(3)

Psalms Chapter 121

1 (A Song of degrees.) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help [cometh] from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD [is] thy keeper: the LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
(2)

@MaryBee,
There are different types of threads.
One is QUESTION.
Another is DISCUSSIONS.

I am not sure, but the DISCUSSION threads do not have the individual reply feature.
This thread is filed under DISCUSSIONS.

It is a bit confusing, isn't it?
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter