Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Amen Real.

Today is always a difficult day for Mom. Today is the anniversary of when the Lord took my Oldest brother home. Even though it has been about 18 years ago. But for Mom it is fresh, understandably.
My Mom is a woman of great faith, has been my whole life. I have watched her go through so much junk and do it with a smile.
She was 15 when her and Dad married. 16 when my oldest brother was born.
He had cerebral palsy due to misuse of forcepts. He was such a blessing to her and to all of us. I smile now thinking of his smile and laugh.
He was paralyzed from the waist down and was wheelchair bound.
This woman was the epitome of a caregiver and was born with a servants heart.
She had a difficult marriage and tried compensating for us children the turmoil my Dad was going through. She raised 6 children and several grandchildren, helped anyone who was in need and did it all with a smile. And most of her children were difficult.
Her faith never waivered and never once did I hear her complain or say why me. She has a spirit I can only dream of, and if I could just have a potion of her faith and spirit, I would be a much better person.
She is an amazing woman.
My oldest Brother had many special needs, she took care of all of them for 42 years( I believe he was 42) He was not supposed to live past 8 ( I think, 4 or 8), But this womans love for her son and family and the Lord, allowed us to have him for all those years.
She is the strongest lady I know. After my Brother passed, she was lost. And then my Dad began having age decline and she became his care provider, until at last she asked for help. Which brought them to me.
I tried today to just let her share what she wanted in conversation and gave her many hugs, to try and let her know I know, I know.
We made it through the day, thank the Lord.
If only I could be like her.............

That is why no matter how much I struggle, no matter how difficult the labor of love becomes, that is why I try to love to the very best of my ability, and rely on the lord to do so.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Proverbs 31:10
(8)

Oh happy day!

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. Proverbs 3:13
(4)

I hope everyone had a good day.

“Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:”
Philippians 1:6
(5)

Isthisreal- Amen to your words. Sounds like we had a similar day. (HUG)
The Lord is absolutely faithful, a big AMEN to that.

Hoping tomorrow will be a better day for both, you and I.

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

Where could I go, oh where could I go
Seeking a refuge for my soul
Needing a friend to save me in the end
Where could I go but to the Lord
(3)

Tough day, but

Oh Lord My God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast heal me.
Psalms 30:2 KJV

He is so faithful to hear us when we call upon His name and believe that He will answer when we ask.
(4)

Farther Along

Tempted and tried we're oft made to wonder
Why it should be thus all the day long,
While there are others living about us
Never molested tho in the wrong.

When death has come and taken our loved ones
It leaves our homes so lonely and drear
Then do we wonder why others prosper
Living so wicked year after year

Faithful til death said our loving Master
A few more days to labor and wait
Toils of the road will then seem as nothing
As we sweep thru the beautiful gate

When we see Jesus coming in glory
when he comes from his home in the sky
Then we shall meet him in that bright mansion
We'll understand it all by and by

Refrain

Farther along we'll know all about it,
Farther along we'll understand why,
Cheer up, my Brother, live in the sunshine,
We'll understand it all by and by.

W.B, Stevens

Hineni
(2)

I love this verse. It always warms my heart for some reason.

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Luke 12:32

And this is the verse I say within myself most days to keep me going.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Galatians 6:9 
(4)

Since we are talking about scripture, how about sharing some favorite Bible verses? What verses encourage you most? Probably my favorite passage is from Matthew 11:28-30:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

New International Version (NIV)

Those verses have encouraged me a lot at different times in my life, including when I was taking care of mom. Some days I would feel so weary and His word about bringing my burdens to Him and finding rest was very comforting.
(5)

Gershun: I shouldn't have made the correction and I'm sorry. Please forgive that. I love everyone here.
(3)

Hello Gershun
How are you? I just thought I would pop in and say hi and see what is new on this thread!

I love Matthew 6:25-34! 🙏 I really should read it more offen in this time of my life!
(4)

I was not implying with my remarks that anything in the Bible is a moot point. I was referring to the "Discussion" about Baptism.

I see my spelling of moot vrs. mute has started a whole new thread. Wow, imagine that!

Matthew 7:5. Another great verse in the Bible.
(4)

There is a fine line between caring and enabling. Self reflection on my caring role is so valuable to ensure I'm mindful. My general rule is "don't do for another they cannot do themselves": it enables dependency, deceases independence, and encourages deteroriation.
(5)

Mark 1:9-11 “And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Nothing in the bible is a moot point.
(2)

"Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." Philippians 2:4 English Standard Version

"Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." Philippians 2:4 KJV

The world says look out only for yourself. The Word says to look out for others as well as look after yourself.

Peace
(9)

This is a mute point. There are many contradictory scriptures in the Bible as well that if you were to take them literally would confuse the point even more.

While I respect you a great deal Smeshque, I asked Jesus into my heart to be my Lord and Savior. I believe I am going to Heaven. Why have I not been Baptized? It was never presented to me as a serious option. I went to a Baptist Church till I was fourteen. I stopped going to Church but never stopped believing.

I'm not choosing an article over the Bible. There are a lot of good Christian articles written by good Christian people who have a great faith in the almighty God. Numerous scriptures were quoted in that article.

I'm done debating this. Peace and Love to you all! No ill will here for anyone or what they choose to believe.
(3)

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Acts 10:44-48
(3)

I personally believe the verse in Mark 16 refers to the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the renewing of our souls that happens when we place our faith in Christ as Savior. But I have been baptized in water as an outward sign of what was for me a life-changing inward reality, a symbol of what Jesus did on the cross. That's my experience, though I realize there are different viewpoints. I'm just really thankful for His amazing grace, in so many ways, especially the grace that sustains through trials and the hope that one day He will eliminate sin and pain forever.
(5)

Tiger: You're welcome. Smeshque is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about God's word, the Holy Bible, much more than me.
(1)

I will take the word of God over a man's article any day.

I have a question.
Why would one fight so hard against baptism, when the scripture clearly states it is for the remission of sins?

Because the devils also believe and tremble, are they saved? They even confessed Jesus as the Son of God.

So what separates us from them?

The word and is so very important in the following verse. We can choose to ignore it or we can believe it.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:16
(2)

https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-study/topical-studies/do-you-have-to-be-baptized-to-go-to-heaven.html

A very good article that explains this subject quite clearly.
(4)

The truth is in the word of God. It is up to each individual to ask for that wisdom and seek and search the truth, take no ones word for your salvation. Get to the truth, it is there. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light.

Tiger- we will discontinue this discussion and agree to disagree. But there is no malice here only a discussion. No ill will intended. You do not have to stay away.

So moving on.......
(3)

A broken person can be of no service to others.
(2)

Hi 2all, it's good to edify each other, but debate is not wise among believers. I can only "instruct in meekness", and that part seems finished, so please carry on with things "as you were" friends. I will go about my business elsewhere. Thanks Smeshque for inviting me to stay tho, very gracious of you. Special greeting to Gershun, & CW for joining in. Thanks to Llamalover47 for your courtesy,...much appreciated.
Goodwill to all:)
P.S. Hope you enjoy the earlier post I made to answer some of the questions asked. ✌.
(2)

Hi 2Gershun! We're glad you're here:) and you're 100% correct (about faith in God's Grace [ Christ's atonement] for salvation). Nothing added by man.
(2)

😳I wish I cud read as fast as u can write Smeshque, but so far I got the first 2 sentences answered: they were to added to the 'church'=ecclesia, or 'assembly' which were believing Jews.
Yes they were saved, BUT by the same Gospel Jesus preached to the Jews: believe on His Name, (that Jesus was the Christ sent by God), confess sins & be baptized, for the remission of ur sins. (Recall john the Baptist saying that).
This was not the "by Grace" salvation that Paul instructed the Gentiles to believe on for salvation: which is death,burial&res of Christ alone- for sins, not: believe on His Name, but believe on the sacrificial death atonemnt. (No confess sins & baptism".) Christ alone. No works added.
There were many saved & believing Jews but they never associated with Gentiles until after Paul instructed them that God had sent salv to the Gentiles also & commanded there is no more difference, in God's eyes.
(Paul baptised few, but did so to be as a Jew: to win some to Christ".) But Paul states frequently that his salvation is a new way: & the pattern for the Gentiles was Paul being the first one saved by the DBR Gospel, not the kingdom Gospel. That's the " revelation of the mystery" (hidden until Paul revealed it), that the Gentiles wud be heirs by Grace... Not partially by works: like the Jewish believers.
Our "baptism" is a spiritual one, into Christ. Just as our circumcision is not outward (like Jews), but our circumcision is of the heart. I wud provide verses here, but my browser 'logs me out' every 5 minutes lately & it's awfully hard to keep up. Have told tech about it & maybe fixed tomorrow. Remember Paul was the most devout Jew, killing Christians until Jesus gave him revelation of Himself & a mission to the Gentiles, (who formerly were treated as scum by Jews). Paul love his Jewish people fervently & at first did not obey God's instructions to go to the Gentiles. Shalom.
(3)

Not to get too involved here in this discussion because I am not as biblically knowledgeable as you guys but I've always understood that our salvation comes purely from our faith and belief in God. No actions we take (such as baptism) will get us into heaven. Baptism is a public confession of our faith but it isn't necessary to be saved.

If I've misunderstood this discussion, please forgive me. And by all means enlighten me if I need to be enlightened.
(6)

Tiger- we have good discussions here. And no one should get upset when discussing the Word or spirituality.
This is a good discussion.
First I would like to say I have no teacher, but the Holy Spirit. No man has taught me, only God's word with understanding from the Holy Spirit.
My question to you is why were the 3000 added to the church and not a synogogue? Why was Paul baptized if it is not necessary for salvation? All conversions in Acts baptism followed their belief, and repentence. It is super important to get to the truth if this matter.
The gospel is all in one there is no separation of belief, baptism for remission of sins, and showing your faith by your work, as James speaks, vs. saved by grace only believing and doing nothing else. The grace is the fact that Jesus came as sacrificed himself for us, not given us a free pass, we must show our faith by our life in our conversation(lifestyle)
Paul even spoke of baptism, Romans 6:4, Ephesians 4:5,Colossians 2:12, 1 Peter 3:21.
Baptism is a part of salvation as that is how we are buried and risen with Christ. That is how we obtain remission of sins. The Bible is very clear and all can understand it. But never take anyone's word for anything pertaining to your salvation. We must search the scriptures ourselves to find truth and asking for the wisdom to understand. No man has an interpretation of the Bible, because no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. Everyone must search it themselves to find truth, others cannot do the work for us and give us the answers.
But my friend, I ask you to dive deep into this study, because there is some misinformation that you have been given.
I enjoy discussing scripture it is my absolute favorite thing to do. And I also contend for the faith. There is only one gospel, The gospel of Jesus Christ. The answers are all there for whosoever will.
I love you Tiger. There are no I'll feelings here only love, love for Jesus and my fellow man.
(1)

Hi, I differ on the point made about the "3000 saved in Acts2" (cuz there was at that time a transition going on between the kingdom Gospel: [believe on His Name & be baptised for rem of sins] & the Gospel of Grace: [believe on Christs death, burial & res (only) 4salvation].)
Acts is a place where dispensational study is essential, & I'm sure all our teachers mean well & do their best for us. I will refrain from making any further comment about it, to preserve peace for all.
My duty is to defend the Gospel of Grace & the Christ's DBR as the only way of salv. Thank u 4 tolerating my presence here Smeshque, I meant no insult to ur great faith.
(2)

Agreed-of course this thread does not contain any confusion.
(1)

Smesque, I think that your testimony has been a blessing to many and I don't agree that this thread creates any confusion.

I believe that people telling posters that they have to take in their parents, after the poster has shared how abusive the parents are and they use scripture to make others guilty is the only problem I have ever seen. And you have never done that, you fulfill the commandment to "love one another, thereby people will know you are my disciples. " there is no doubt that you belong to The Lord Jesus.

I wish that you would reconsider changing your forum. I believe that others are encouraged to do as they want on their thread, I think that you should be encouraged to continue to be the light here. It is your thread.

God has used you to touch lives and hearts, to shine HIS light in the darkness of this caregiving journey. The Holy Ghost will reveal the word to those it was meant for.

I always look forward to your scripture verses, I love the KJV, it has been proven that it is the same word as the original translation. That to me proves that it is the inspired word of God, every word.

Pray about continuing this ministry. I think it is important.

God bless you and guide your decision.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter