Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
This year, I am celebrating the birth of my Lord, Jesus, on December 25th.
It does not matter if the date is accurate, a child was born who came to save the world! It's a boy! I choose Dec. 25th, because many believers will also be celebrating that day. There are 365 days in any year, and this is the day we choose.
I am not "WOKE", and do not want to be of that belief. If I am considered stupid or un-evolved for my beliefs, I expect that.

December 25th.
(3)

Colossians 3:15: "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."
(4)

Smeshque, may God give you overcoming strength and power to stand, to give thanks. I’m in a similar situation. Let’s put ourselves in the refuge of God’s kindness, love and comfort. ❤️
(3)

I hope you all are well, i am having struggles right now. I know the Lord will see me through.
You all are in my prayers.

“But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.”
Isaiah 64:8
(5)

A doorkeeper is likened to a pleasant ideology.💞💞💞💞💞
(0)

NHWM,
When I in awesome wonder,
that is also my favorite!
(3)

Sendhelp,

My favorite hymn is How Great Thou Art.
(3)

Sing a little louder
LOUDER THAN THE UNBELIEF!

Lyrics
I raise a hallelujah, in the presence of my enemies
I raise a hallelujah, louder than the unbelief
I raise a hallelujah, my weapon is a melody
I raise a hallelujah, heaven comes to fight for me
I'm gonna sing, in the middle of the storm
Louder and louder, you're gonna hear my praises roar
Up from the ashes, hope will arise
Death is defeated, the King is alive!
I raise a hallelujah, with everything inside of me
I raise a hallelujah, I will watch the darkness flee
I raise a hallelujah, in the middle of the mystery
I raise a hallelujah, fear you lost your hold on me!
Sing a little louder (In the presence of my enemies)
Sing a little louder (Louder than the unbelief)
Sing a little louder (My weapon is a melody)
Sing a little louder (Heaven comes to fight for me)
Sing a little louder (In the presence of my enemies)
Sing a little louder (Louder than the unbelief)
Sing a little louder (My weapon is a melody)
Sing a little louder (Heaven comes to fight for me)
Sing a little louder!
(3)

“For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.”
Psalms 84:10
(2)

Smeshque: Good points were made in your two sermons today.
(1)

We had two good sermons today. This evening was about 
Luke 14:11
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

And how we should be humble.

And then applied in the characteristics of Haman and Mordecai in the book of Esther. It is a good story. True story. But I can read the book of Esther over and over and still love it. 

you should read it if you get a chance.

This mornings sermon was about how some church people can come across as self righteous and judgmental. This is true, I have seen it a lot in my lifetime. One reason I turned away from God at a point in my life, because I saw so much hypocrisy. But we are all sinners(sick) and the church is only meant to be nurses to bring and introduce other sick(sinners) to the great physician Jesus. 
But sometimes in the church the people make appearance that they are not sick(sinners), and look down on those who are. And that can turn away someone who is looking for Jesus and needs love and direction.
It is sad, Love is the answer to everything for God is love. And we must know that we all need Jesus in order for healing and salvation.

I hope and pray I never come across judgmental and self righteous. This is never my intent. I am a sinner as we all are. But I strive to do better in Jesus.
And I need Jesus every hour, every second, everyday as everyone does, if not more.

Love and prayers to and for you all.
(2)

Smeshque: Alas, how nice a day for mom and you!
(1)

Hi all! I hope you all are well as can be. I hope you all have thanked the Lord for something this day.

Well, Today was the third year anniversary of losing Dad.
As I said before we have been doing sort of a tribute dinner every year, and I had planned one this year as well.
However, Mom decided she did not want to have a dinner this year. So I cancelled it. Whatever she wants to do I will do it.
She said she would rather just get away for the day. So we did that.
I had great concern that her not wanting the dinner was due to great sadness. My other thought was that maybe she is not over it, but yet healed. You know?
So I didn't know how to react, I just took cues from her.
So we went on a road trip today and went to some museums and had lunch. She had a good day, which means I had a good day and the Lord brought us through this day, with no tears.
She spoke of things she and Dad experiences like when we saw certain things on the journey. But no tears and no sadness. I thank the Lord so much, because I think we are all healed from the grief. And can carry on in fond memories and with the hope of seeing Him again.
How Great our GOD is.

“For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”
Psalms 30:5
(5)

Send: Oh, thank you very much! Bless you!
(1)

Send,

It must be so sweet to have a granddaughter. I don’t have grandchildren. It’s such a special relationship, a grandparent and grandchild. I have a grand puppy though! A cute little french poodle who doesn’t know he’s a dog! Hahaha
(2)

NHWM,
Your daughter is graduating college.

Lamalover.
Your daughter graduated college decades ago.

My own granddaughter graduated college only a couple years ago.

I agree with Smeshque,
There is no clogging here.

No apologies needed Llama.
I felt free to come here to announce the tradgedy needing prayer by the people I know are Christians. Thank you for your prayers!

God is very near to the broken hearted.
(6)

NeedHelpWithMom: She certainly is! God bless you, Smeshque and you, too, NeedHelpWithMom.💞💞💞💞💞💞
(1)

Smeshque: Thank you so much!
(1)

Smeshque.

Thanks for being our prayer warrior on this site. We surely do need one.
(2)

Praying for all those affected by this tragedy. And praying for you Send.

Llama- no apology needed, for anything. You can talk about whatever you want here, with whomever you want.
So, as you were. :)

Praying for all my fellow caregivers.
(3)

Public apology needed from me - I was talking on this particular thread to another person when it should have been private messages and for my part in that, I am truly sorry. It never should have been discussed and clogging up this thread in particular. Please forgive my poor manners. Thank you in advance.
(2)

Send: I had heard about the shooting in passing today as I was going about a rather busy day. I will be praying for you.
(2)

Thank you for your prayers, and support.
(3)

Sendhelp,

It is mind boggling when these incidents occur. I’m so sorry this has happened so close to home for you. I am very grateful that you were not harmed.

I will pray for you, your husband and all in your area.

Hugs! Take care 💗
(4)

We're praying for the families and victims and You here Send.
How very scary to have such an awful thing happen again and so close to home.
These school shootings keep happening all over the country and other public shootings too.
Our world is so scary &We never know what awful thing will happen next.
God be with everyone,everywhere~
(5)

Please, prayers for victims and families of an active shooter incident at a High School this morning. 6 victims injured.
On National News, still conflicting reports, but shooter is either dead or in custody.

Hubs was sick with a sinus infection, went to work anyway, with police and ambulance flying past us in traffic. So sad. I was so scared, still in tears. Feels like a war zone.

Drove near there, against my better judgment, because of his needs. Got home, an alert was on my phone to stay away from the area.

A caregiver needs to follow their own rules, own heart, own common sense before the needs of others. Imo.
(3)

Thanks, Llama. I appreciate your kindness.

My daughter is excited to finish school this year. Lots of studying. I can’t wait to see her graduate.
(0)

NHWM: Wow. So sorry for your situation. The tipping point for my mother (the reason why I had to move there) was very low bp. Couldn't have her living solo. Good luck to your daughter graduating college and her hope to get employment - wherever that may be. My own daughter has long since graduated college decades ago.
(2)

Llama,

I totally get the split second decision. I had the same deal with my mom when she became homeless from her home being destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. It’s terrible when we are in shock and no time to seriously think about things logically.

In retrospect it was the worst decision of my life. Well. since I burned out. now my brother and SIL have to deal with it. Unfortunately, it destroyed my relationship with all of them and I have no further contact with any of them. So sad.

People really shouldn’t place the burden on making a caregiver to ask for help. They should offer to help sometimes. It’s a shame.

So hard in your case, living in another state. So often families are spread out all over the map. Makes it more complicated.

My daughter is going to graduate college this year and God knows where she will live. New Orleans isn’t known for paying the best salaries so she is going to interview all over. I don’t blame her.

Who wants to get paid less after studying so hard at school? She’s thinking about Colorado. She sent in a job application to a company in Boulder. My baby will go from flat Louisiana to the mountains if they want to schedule an interview.
(3)

NHWM: I DID ask for help because I was living out of state. So on two different occasions, I asked my mother's friend to drive her to her dental appointment. You have to understand that it was a split second decision making me live with my mother. I needed medical care myself for a toe that crossed over another one, but no time for that.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter