Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thank you Send....I needed that~
(3)

And, to caregivers who have hit their limit.....

It's Not Over Yet
for KING & COUNTRY
And they are inside your head
You got a voice that says
You won't get past this one
You won't win your freedom
It's like a constant war
And you want to settle that score
But you're bruised and beaten
And you feel defeated
This goes out to the heaviest heart
Oh, to everyone who's hit their limit
It's not over yet
It's not over yet
And even when you think you're finished
It's not over yet
It's not over yet
Keep on fighting
Out of the dark
Into the light
It's not over
Hope is rising
Never give in
Never give up
It's not over
Yet, woah
Yet, woah
Oh, game set match
It's time to put it in your past, oh
Feel the winter leavin'
It's redemption season
Long live the young at heart (here we are)
Cheers to a brand new start (here we are)
We're revived and breathing
To live a life of freedom
It's not over yet
It's not over yet
It's not over yet
It's not over yet
Keep on fighting
Out of the dark
Into the light
It's not over
Hope is rising
Never give in
Never give up
It's not over
Yet, woah
Yet, woah
And life is a race we run
So run till the race is won
Don't you ever give up (here we are)
Oh no never give up (here we are)
Life is a race we run
So run till the race is won
Don't you ever give up (here we are)
We will never give up (here we are)
And oh, to everyone who's hit their limit
It's not over yet
It's not over yet
It's not over yet
It's not over yet
It's not over yet
Keep on fighting
Out of the dark
Into the light
It's not over
Hope is rising
Never give in
Never give up
It's not over
Yet, woah
Yet, woah
Yet, woah
Yet, woah
(3)

A song for my sister, fighting cancer now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmTmTMcdxOs

It's not over yet, keep on fighting!!!

Thank you for your prayers!
(3)

Sendhelp,

Billy Graham was the real thing. My parents and grandparents used to watch him on television when I was a child. He was a special man.

I remember seeing an interview that he did later in his life. He was asked if he had any regrets. He said, “Only one, that I spent so much time away from my wife and children.” He said the problems that he had with his son, Franklin was a big test to his faith in God.

When he was asked about advise on preaching and prayer he said, “Don’t preach too long. Don’t say long blessings before meals.”

I felt that he was so down to earth. He did not have a big ego. He was a humble man. He didn’t call a lot of attention to himself. He placed the attention where it should be, on Jesus. I liked his sincerity.

The host during that interview told him that he didn’t have any skeletons in his closet because if he had the media would have found them. Oh, so true! There is no privacy for public figures today.
(3)

Sendhelp: Thank you for that great analogy!💞💞
(3)

NHWM: You're lucky! I used to be super thin, but then my mom gave me Hypothyroidism. Yuck! Don't want it! But whatcha gonna do? Eat McDonald's salad every night. Good thing I'm a creature of habit.
(2)

AN UPSIDE DOWN WORLD....

—3 John 11

We must get this fact firmly fixed in our minds: we live in an upside-down world. People hate when they should love, quarrel when they should be friendly, fight when they should be peaceful, wound when they should heal, steal when they should share, do wrong when they should do right. I once saw a toy clown with a weight in its head. No matter what position you put it in, it invariably assumed an upside-down position. Put it on its feet or on its side, and when you let go it flipped back on its head. Unregenerate people are just like that! Do what you may with them and they always revert to an upside-down position. That is why the disciples to the world were misfits. To an upside-down person, a right-side up person seems upside down. To a sinner, a righteous person is an oddity and an abnormality. A Christian’s goodness is a rebuke to the wicked; his being right-side up is a reflection upon the worldling’s inverted position.

Christians are called to be a light in the darkness.

Prayer for the day
Let me never compromise my stand for You, Lord Jesus, who gave Your sinless life for me.

Credit: Billy Graham Association
(4)

Yoda,

I have the opposite problem. I have always been too thin. I have always been very active. Also, if I get upset I totally lose my appetite.

If people don’t feel well their activity goes down. I get that some people turn to food when upset.

I have splurged on a few pieces dark chocolate occasionally! I’ve never been a big eater. I do enjoy cooking but I have to freeze it or invite people over because otherwise it would go to waste.
(1)

NoTry: Thank you ever so much! I have to be careful not to indulge and I rarely allow myself any sweets.
(0)

NHWM: You're welcome! As I've said, you have a young daughter - mine just turned 47, but then I'm 72. I had her when I was 25.
(0)

Shell: Thank you so much!
(0)

Yoda,

I learned about papaya juice from Dr Oz. I tried it and I just started to have more energy after drinking it and all I ever drank was a half a glass after dinner. I buy the all natural because it has less sugar. You can get it at a health food store and some grocery stores carry it.

NHWM, So happy for you and your daughter.👏🎆

Llamalover, Good for you:) Congratulations!🎆🎉
(1)

Yoda,

You were in good shape. That’s impressive!

You’ll get there. Be patient. Don’t starve yourself. It’s better to lose weight slowly.

What about a stationery bike?

Thanks, Llama.

I can’t believe my baby girl will be graduating this year!
(2)

Shell38314,

I asked my weight loss doctor about Papaya juice today. Her only question was about how it is sweetened and did it have some kind of oil in it as a sweetener.

Llamalover47,

Congratulations on your hard won weight loss.

NeedHelpWithMom,

Yes, I saw that story. It reminds me of how strong I was almost 20 years ago when I was in good enough shape and healthy enough to bench 315 pounds.

Thanks for the cheers!
(3)

NoTry: I managed to lose a hard 40 # by eating McDonald's salads every night. I think that I had mentioned to you that I am inherited Hypothyroid from my late mother so the weight did NOT come off all at once. That's why I said "hard." My BMI is still too much.
NHWH: Good luck to your daughter.
Smeshque: Rest when you can, dear lady.
(4)

Yoda,

The ADHD meds can kill an appetite. Other meds do cause weight gain.

Can you start off small with exercise? Do some walking but also do some weight bearing exercises. Buy two pound weights for now then gradually increase the weight. Look up exercises on YouTube to get started and follow along.

Did you see that older lady on the news not long ago that kicked an attempted robbers butt? Hahaha, that robber picked the wrong person to rob! She is a body builder! She’s 82! She broke a table on him. She bench presses at the gym! She is amazing! Google her story. I saw her on the news.

Weight bearing exercises not only strengthen us but also speed up metabolism.

Cheering for you. GO YODA! 😊
(3)

My daughter has a second interview for her internship. Will all of you please say prayers for her? She just called and asked me to pray. I told her that I would continue praying for her.

Oh, her final exams are next week. One more prayer for that too please! I will be so glad when she graduates. GEAUX TIGERS! LSU is undefeated.

She’s nervous but excited too. Thanks everyone!

Always praying for you, Smeshque. You are our prayer warrior and we appreciate it so much 💗
(5)

sorry, repeat post
(0)

Shell38314,

I've not heard of  Papaya juice. I will look it up and see where to buy it.

You are right about grapefruit and grapefruit juice. That's a no no with my meds.
(2)

Yoda,

Research has shown when someone feels tried all the time and/or get less than 6 hrs of sleep are more likely to gain weight.

I have found that if I exercise despite how I feel within a few weeks I don't feel so tried on a day-to-day basis.

I don't know if you have heard that drinking Papaya juice just shortly before you eat or just shortly after you eat will turn the food you just ate into much needed energy. It changes how your body metabolize food.

There are medications that will make a person's body not metabolize food properly into energy. And I bet you are taking one of those meds either for Bipolar or depression. Those meds has change the chemistry in your body that is not letting your body turn the food into energy that you need. I have no idea if I am making any sense! Anyways you could try it. Grapefruit juice is another one that can help a person to lose weight. Grapefruit can speed up a person metabolism and it also helps with getting rid for fatty foods. If you know what I mean. However, grapefruit can cause medications to not work properly especially with most Bipolar and anti-dependence; therefore please talk to your Dr before you drink grapefruit juice.

I would try the papaya juice. It worked for me.

I hope this helped:/

Smeshque, As always you are in my prayers. I hope you get the rest you need!

Hugs!!
(4)

NeedhelpwithMom,

Thanks for responding.

Weight gain is a side effect of one medicine that I take. Feeling tired is. a side effect of four of my medicines. One med can cause weight loss and decreased appetite. A possible side effect of another medicine is decreased appetite.

No wonder I don't feel like exercising with 4 meds having the possible side effect of tiredness.
(2)

Hugs, Smeshque, praying for strength for you and that you are able to get some good rest.
(4)

Yoda,

Exercise does speed up metabolism and of course eating healthy is always good.

Do you feel like any of your meds may be contributing to your weight gain? I know some people who have said their meds caused weight gain.

If so, can you discuss it with your doctor? I realize you have to stay on your medication and I am not suggesting that you go off meds.

Best of luck to you.
(4)

I could use some input on my seeking to loose weight.

My doctor has me reading The Daniel Plan to help me loose weight.

Its unique approach includes spiritual health which is good, but being on disability, I don't have a sense of God's purpose for my life like I once did.

My doctor does not like my idea of getting healthier just for its own sake, but at my age, I'm not looking for some new, big purpose. I just want to get healthier by taking better care of myself than I have been due to being so focused on taking care of others.

Another part of its approach is social health which calls for a small group to support and hold each other accountable. Sorry, I don't have a small group of friends like that.

Another part is mental health which I agree is important for your overall health, but I have bipolar, OCD, ADHD and depression. The book offers no help for those with a mental illness.

I do like the diet plan though. 1/2 plate of green vegetables, 1/4 healthy protein, 1/4 healthy carbs. I also like the focus on exercise which I will do once I get over this cough that I have had now for 11 weeks and I've seen the doctor twice about plus I've been using my nebulizer.
(2)

Good evening all. I hope everyone is maintaining well.
My life has been turned upside down. But, God blesses me with strength, courage and moments of clarity.
I keep you all in my prayers.
I will catch up when I get caught up on some rest.
Mom is well, and AB is well, but there has been additions to our load.
DH and I are wiped out!
I love and miss you all, take good care. And always remember Jesus loves you!
God is Great.

“For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;”
Hebrews 3:14
(6)

Oh yes. For decades, now. Eventually I learned, the hard way, so very many times, if I don't care for myself, I cannot care for others. I get irritated and angry and that helps no one. Once I learned that caregivers to family members can and do die before the care-ee him/herself -- I got the wakeup call. I have adjusted my expectations for what I expect from myself. I have made peace with my limitations.
I love angels, but I am not an angel. I can only do what I can do. It serves NO ONE if I die before the care-ee.

So, I do this...
(1) I ask for help from others, or I pay for help. Not easy for me to do.
(2) I still socialize - even for small moments w/a friend.
(3) Adjust my idea of what the best care is because everyone on our "team" disagrees. i.e. - Men have a very different idea of what quality care is for their mother than a woman's understanding and idea of quality care. If the best care for the sick one wipes me out, then I have to rest. It's making peace with reality of my own limitations. I don't like it, but it's very real and very important.

God made you, too and your life just as important as everyone else's life.

And remember, the bible is beautiful and great, but it was used to keep believers "in line". Modern interpretations insist that all of God's creatures deserve love and life. That includes you. ;-)
(8)

Send,

I only meant it concerning the gist of your remark. Sorry for any confusion. Was just saying that I respect your views. Everyone should be respectful of each other.

Yes, I agree you have to follow what you feel is best. What works for your sister may not be something that you choose to follow.

One of my neighbors puts a sign in their yard every year that says, “Keep Christ In Christmas.” You would think people would be used to it. She puts it up every year.

I walk past her house when I go for a morning walk. She told me earlier today that another neighbor asked her to take it down because it’s offensive to non believers.

I can’t say that I am surprised because nothing surprises me anymore but I don’t understand why it bothers her that she puts her sign up.

She has pretty lights and a pretty wreath on her door. She has a right to place her sign stating her beliefs as far as I am concerned. I think it’s sad for the other neighbor to ask her to remove it. She still has her sign on her lawn.

I don’t care if someone doesn’t believe. I just hate that they asked her to remove her sign.
(1)

NHWM,
Not even sure how I meant it now.

But I am going to stop listening to my sister, who is promoting the sale of a tuning fork with (number escapes me) hz vibrations of healing properties online.

Last time she advised me to drink tons of celery juice, it did help me. (Half of the recommendation). However, I had no idea that it was a fad in Beverly Hills, e v e r y o n e was taking it! So, embarrassingly, I shared it here!
I only started to suspect something was not right when celery became unavailable in the markets.

So then, as a christian, I need to consider the source of the possible healing, according to the bible. Herbs, and even mud were used to heal. Jesus was accused of healing by the power of Beezlebub, and that was a bad thing.

Sis would hate me for saying that. Guess with different beliefs, my sister and I will not be getting along or associating anymore. It's sad, because I love her.

So, anyway, NHWM, if I did not know what I meant, how would you know?
(1)

Send,

Knew how you meant it. No need to apologize.
(0)

I want to apologize for using the term : "woke" and not understanding it's meaning.
Apparently, the term has many meanings, and I was unaware. Or, in reality, still stupid.

I had asked my husband what is the terminology for someone who wants everyone else to be as "enlightened" as they believe they are, and promotes hate of anyone who is not like them, including hate of christians.

So, sorry. Whatever you believe "woke" to mean to you, I apologize.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter