Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
smeshque: I'm both glad and sad that you had to have dental surgery. I know that you had a tooth that troubled you and you had pain. I'm glad to hear that you got to the dental surgeon and yes, it takes a while for the mouth to heal. My dental implant was started on 7/31/19 and won't be completed until next April, 2020! It has been the longest process that I've ever encountered with the mouth. And that does not even encompass the crown for the implant, done by the new regular dentist!

I think it was best that you declined the baby sitting because, after all, you're not superwoman/you can't do it all as much as you may have liked to. Get some rest, dear lady.
(1)

Llama,

Yes, forgive me. I was so excited about her getting the internship that I posted it in a couple of places.

My daughter is thrilled. I think she looks at my prayers as insurance! Hahaha

Once when she asked me to pray I told her to pray too. She said, “Mom, I do pray but it makes me feel better if I know that you are praying with me.”

It’s becomes sort of a prayer circle, doesn’t it? Because then I ask others to pray with me.

I have a couple of friends that are like my prayer warriors that I can count on for prayer support.

This site has people who have wonderful faith. Sometimes it is hard to ‘keep the faith’ but with the support of others it becomes easier.

Sometimes I feel guilty about feeling like a broken record in my prayers. Hahaha, I tell God, “It’s me again with the same prayers!” I am grateful that he doesn’t get sick of us having the same concerns. At least now with my daughter graduating in May he won’t have to listen to me ask Him to guide her to do her best in school anymore!
(1)

NHWM: I thought that I had congratulated you about your daughter's internship on here. Hmmm - must be on another thread you'd mentioned it.
(0)

NHWM-
I hope Bernie's new meds, work great for him. I can imagine what a cutie he is.

I have been recovering from dental surgery, who would have thought such a thing would cause so much pain and make one feel so bad. :(
But I have been trying to take it easy per Dr.s orders, Dh's orders and Moms orders :)
I declined on babysitting tomorrow because I know I am not going to be up for it.
I have given the cousin and his family over to the Lord.
I was given some wise advice on the matter and I am casting my cares and their cares on the Lord.
I have received a great peace after some wise advice and no guilt over the matter. It has been a blessing to come to an understanding of where I should stand in this matter.

I am thinking about next Thursday, my birthday and what I would like to do. I have not a clue. The older I get the less important these days become.

“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
Joshua 24:15
(5)

Smeshque,

Bernie started on his new med dosage. Sometimes it takes time to find the correct adjustment to work properly for his disease.

The vet is good. Dogs lose their fur with Cushing disease and are thirsty all the time. He picked up on the fur loss and asked if Bernie was drinking more. When my daughter said yes he did the lab work and sure enough he tested positive.

I did fall in love with my daughter’s little pooch.
(3)

Thanks to everyone for prayers for my daughter. She got her internship that she recently interviewed for! Yay! Hallelujah!
(2)

Smeshque: Thank you for caring for cousin and DW's kids and how the kids are learning from you. Must stop now - quite tired.
(1)

NHWM: That dog is cute sounding. I have never owned dogs. I just lost my granddog. :(
(1)

“And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:”
Exodus 33:22
(3)

Thanks, me too. He loves my daughter and she loves him. I think they pick us. The worker at the shelter told my daughter that he wouldn’t go to anyone because he had been abused. My daughter was the only person that he went to. He bonded with her immediately.
(3)

Rescue Dogs make the best dogs.
I hope Bernie has a productive vet visit tomorrow.
(1)

Bernie is so cute! I fell in love with this little pooch the first time I saw him. My daughter is picking him up tomorrow. He has his vet appointment tomorrow. He’s struggling to get his meds adjusted to the right dosage for his Cushing’s disease.

He’s a rescue dog. He was 5 years old when she brought him home. He’s 9 now.
(1)

NHWM- how is your grand doggy sitting going?

You are right, I am still wore out.
The great thing about other peoples children is that you can take them home. :)
(1)

Smeshque,

They are adorable but they require lots of attention at that age. They do wear us out. When I sat with my nieces and nephews I felt the same way.

You’re smart to sing to them. Music is soothing. Plus they are learning positive messages as well.
(1)

So yesterday we had the children most for most of the day. It was all in all ok. I enjoyed them yesterday, but was wore out in the evening. So happy their Dad got off work earlier than expected so we were able to take them home sooner.
I do not mind watching them in the day, but the evening hours are difficult with our routine around here.
But anyway, God brought us through. And I can see the work HE is doing in the heart of the oldest girl. She is learning self control. You can see it in her face when she wants to throw a fit, but then she contains it and gets over it and moves on. So that was encouraging that I can see she is learning. Plus she was singing childrens Bible songs that I sing for them, so she is absorbing those too, and it is lovely to hear her singing them.

The parents are now having marital issues, well I believe they have been since they got married. DH and I are doing our best to help them and counsel them scriptually. But truly, only God knows what will become of all this.

It is wearing us out, but we will keep on keeping on, as the Lord puts it in front of us.

“For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.”
Galatians 5:13
(1)

In order to take care of others we must take care of ourselves. I've heard of the illustration of what they tell parents on airlines - if there is a sudden decompression, parents need to put on their oxygen masks first so they can then assist their children. Pretty sure I picked that up from a Christian counseling program, but I could be wrong. It is sound advice.
(2)

Smeshque: I know that you enjoyed those 3 little ones today. God bless you, else what would cousin and DW do without you? ;)
(2)

NeedHelpWithMom: Everyone needs prayer. You're welcome.
(2)

Smeshque,

I don’t have grandchildren but I have my daughter’s dog that I am watching until Wednesday. He’s a stinker! I love him though. 😊
(3)

Thanks, Llama

My daughter prays but she always asks me to join her in prayer. I pray but I ask y’all to help me pray! Thanks for always helping me pray for things.
(2)

NeedHelpWithMom: Big Congratulations to your daughter! All A's and one B is spectacular! Great job. I will pray now about her interview for the internship.
(2)

NHWM-
I am hopeful and do see potential. I think they will be ok. I watch them again tomorrow, and am actually looking forward to it. I do love children.
I think that as time goes on, they will become less challenging. So that I can enjoy them more.
:)
(1)

Smeshque,

That’s great news! That little one sounds adorable. Seems like she is adjusting well.
(1)

Smeshque: You're very welcome. Hug back. Praise God about those lovely children. I have a visual image of them through your words. That is so special about the almost 4 year old singing. The Lord has worked in wonderful ways, too, for that gentleman to give your cousin transportation! 💞💞
(1)

LLama- thank you. You are always very helful and encouraging. (HUG)

NHWM-will pray, yay for daughter.

I have to tell you all, this mornings service was beautiful.
The girls always sit by DH and I, by choice.
Today, at services they were so wonderfully behaved. Did not have any issues. I was amazed.
But what was so beautiful is that the oldest, had a song book(can't read yet only going to be 4), and she was singing, so heartfelt and loud. (doesn't know the words to the songs yet, but that did not stop her), it was so beautiful. I could not contain my smile and then, the tears of joy that brought me. I was so proud of the girls today and how they behaved and made sure I told them so with hugs and kisses.

So I forgot to mention regarding cousins job. Let me tell you how merciful the Lord is.
So his job is about 45 minutes from his house, roughly and would have been over an hour one way for us or AB to go pick him up and take him.
On his first day he had called DH and told him that a guy he works with who also lives in the same town as cousin, is was willing to carpool. So this kind hearted fellow picks cousin up and drops him off.
What a blessing for us all.
God is wonderful!

“Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.”
Isaiah 60:1
(2)

I have to thank everyone who prayed about my daughter being stressed out in school and her exams. She just left our home. We had dinner out. She got all A’s and one B!

Oh, one more prayer please. Tomorrow she goes for an interview for an internship. Thanks!
(3)

smeshque: Children are like sponges. It has been said that between birth and 3 years of age, the human brain increases to 80% of its adult size. This is why cousin and his DW's children have been able to absorb so much in a short time span. I had read something on that in the distant past and just fact checked it.

Also very good that AB is able to join in the worship service and transport of cousin and DW's employment. He is to be commended as well as all of you.

“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” ~Proverbs 22:6
(2)

Today went well with the children.
It amazes me that in the short time we have spent with them in the last 3 weeks, how much they have absorbed.
It is encouraging to me.
When we sit down to eat, or leave the house in our vehicle we always pray. The oldest girl is now saying before anyone else, "we gotta hold hands and pray." Lovely.
They were mostly behaved today, it was a blessing and a joy.
Mom really enjoyed the baby today,
And her BP was great this evening so that is how I know she had a good day too.
So I thank the Lord, I believe he is working on their little hearts and I am encouraged that their challenges can be overcome.
AB also has been going to services with us. He went last Sunday to hear DH's lesson. And he is going tomorrow. So I pray the Lord is working on him as well.
I will not be needed to watch the children until Monday. Both cousin and his wife do not work tomorrow. So it is looking like maybe they will only need help twice a week. Which is doable for us to not be too overwhelmed in our load.
I love you all!

“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”
1 John 5:4
(5)

Smeshque: Yes, you got it right - right out straight means super busy. I am glad that you didn't see the error on your user name. My mouth is a little less sore with each day. Thank you, dear lady. I do understand when people lose their DL for whatever reason. I knew at least one lady who had gone down the wrong path, but praise God she's had a baby and getting her life back for with God's hand in one's life, ANYTHING is possible.
(1)

Shell- Thank you!
I sure hope so. I believe also maybe that's why the Lord put them here is that we might have some influence on them.
I thank you for your words of encouragement. I will do my best to show them the love of Jesus.
(HUG)I surely appreciate the prayers.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter