Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Proverbs 22:3 New Living Translation (NLT)
A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions.
The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
(3)

Yoda,

Ever wonder about some of these pastors? I do. All of them. No matter what faith. Good and bad in all of them.
(1)

Yoda,

I agree 100 percent! Apparently, there is a fanatical type of church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. They were on the news for not following the governor’s regulations.

They decided to hold a service with hundreds of people. The pastor and his wife are inconsiderate and foolish!

So, I looked up their website. Geeeez, they are claiming to be able to cure HIV and cancer! I sincerely hope they don’t discourage their congregation from seeing their doctors. They also are looking at this virus as a ‘government hoax.’ This church sounds like it has cult like mentality.

Some extreme churches are dangerous. I believe in the power of prayer but I also believe in medical professionals and following laws! The police told the church if they did it again they would be arrested for their actions.
(2)

Speaking of humbling ourselves, we need for all pastors to humble themselves under God who commanded us to obey the government and abide by the CDC directives during this virus. This is not a time for hyper-faith or fanaticism. This is a time for faith and reason to work together for our sake and the sake of others. We and our country as a whole will survive this better if we all work together!
(6)

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting ALL your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.
(10)

August,

I am so sorry that you have been through such a rough time. It is lovely that you find comfort with quiet talks with God. He hears every word. Even if we don’t speak He knows what’s in our hearts.

Sending a bazillion hugs your way 💗. Your intimacy with God is a beautiful testimony of your faith.
(2)

Prayer is all I have. I was down to my last bit of energy and allowed my husband to be put into a facility. We battled this dementia for more than 10 years. No amount of advice therapy can relieve the quilt. Quiet talks with God relieve the pressure
(6)

For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7
(7)

Psalm 57:1
Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy, for in You my soul takes refuge. In the shadow of Your wings I will take shelter until the danger has passed.
(5)

“What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.”
Psalms 56:3
(7)

First of all my prayers are with you . We as believers should not think like the world because we are not of this world the world operates in a different mindset thanGod . Putting others before you is not difficult if we do it in the strength of the Lord and not our own like he said take his yoke upon us when we do that he carries us i know the tiredness I have been caring for a husband who has FTD frontotemporal dementia for 5 years but it’s in Gods timing not mind The counting it all joy is because the trail we go threw should bring us closer to knowing the Lord and his faithfulness
(4)

Llama,
You are a good example. God Bless you!
Maybe after Easter, we can all hear more about your nephew.
God Bless him too!

Smeshque!
You have been missed.

Jer. 29:11 is one of my favorite verses.
God knows the plans He has for (everyone).
(5)

Hello my AC family. I just wanted to stop in and say hello and I miss you all and hope you all are well. I love the interesting conversations you all are having please continue, I read when I can.
Things are going ok here. I am tired most of the time and Mom is excited about this trip in a couple of weeks, me, not so much. It is in the Lord's hands.
Hopefully I will have some time later this week to visit for a bit. I miss you all SOOOOO much!Much love and prayers!

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Psalms 103:2-3
(7)

Send: I will not comment to avoid panic.
(1)

Llamalover,
That is amazing that a new test for the virus was developed out of Stanford! And Kudos to your nephew, I wish him every success and wellness. Because you know, there is a difference between the two words: Coming in contact with the virus vs. contracting
the virus. I hope he is well. Please let us know.

I did go online and see hospitals in Stanford p r e p a r i n g for the possibilty of overflow patients but there was signage to say:
"This is a drill." The tents were being p r e p a r e d, but are not occupied by patients. That is a newer, really nice hospital in Stanford.

Sorry to be using this believer's thread for updates or details, but your nephew needs prayer. Thanks for letting me know.
However, do you have insider information that actually states 'hospitals are bursting'?
Inquiring minds want to know.
I am being careful not to be the cause of panic, and careful to confirm and reconfirm everything I hear, before sharing with others. I think you will understand.
(1)

Tulane University here in New Orleans is studying the coronavirus in the primate center. They will inject the monkeys with the virus to study the spread and treatment of it.
(1)

Send: Thank you. Reports are coming in to us here on the east coast from Stanford, California. You see hospitals are bursting and they have makeshift tents set up outside to deal with the influx of patients.
(1)

Brave young scientist!
I hope he does not test positive for the virus.
(1)

Send: My nephew is a young scientist and is also attending Stanford University. So he was developing a paper strip to detect for Corona Virus similar to his paper strip that he invented at the age of 15 to detect for pancreatic cancer when he came in contact with pathogens.

Thank you about my eyes. My vision is okay, but I had been fighting with the maker of my eye machine that I use at home to keep my vision static.
(1)

Llama,
I do not understand your post....
Contracted the virus? How? What is nephew doing?

I am praying that your eyes are okay....
(0)

My brilliant nephew may have contracted the virus about inventing a test strip for COVID-19.
(1)

NHWM,
There are at least 42 songs people are talking about that cover the corona virus hand washing 20 sec. recommendation.

Just when you think you have found your favorite song, the recommendations change to washing for six minutes, or something like that. You did not hear it from me, just passing this along, source is private and anonymous.

If I die, here is where I will be:
II Corinthians 5:8
New King James Version
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
(1)

Send,

My kids were taught in school to sing the ‘happy birthday’ song while washing hands and then it’s long enough. I am such a germ freak! My kids and my husband know that I cannot tolerate anyone not washing their hands in our home.

I can’t think about restaurant workers because I would never be able to eat out!
(1)

Lauren Daigle sings "You Say".
Matthew West was inspired by her song to write his song to the tune of "You Say".
Sing along for 20 seconds while you wash your hands:

You say wash your hands
When I can't see the germs
You say use the soap
When the sanitizer burns
You say wash 20 seconds
While I just sing a song
And if I keep washing
Corona virus will be gone

I will wash my hands
I will wash my hands
I will wash my hands

Oh I believe.
(0)

Here's an update.

Here's something that I wrote and thought I'd lost, but I found it today. I would include many of you here as people and AC on other threads who have provided me grace moments!

Very early and for 24 years since, my Lutheran friend, Tom, has been a means of God’s grace in my life even in times when it was our friendship that was the thread that I held onto in the midst of those trials.

This was also true of the people on the power lifting team that I was on in Spring Hope; Jenean my TKD instructor and her daughters (Ashley & Megan) who helped me and the boys a lot; my SIL, Debra, with whom I became closer; my high school friend, Marlowe, and her husband, Robby, who let me visit whenever I needed to and even put me up in their house for a few nights; the people of the Gibson Memorial UMC charge who understood and sought to help; reading various mental health books; experiencing the support of the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and their free Family to Family educational program; the continued support of my former TKD instructor, Jenean; going to Marlowe’s first piano concert; and discovering Spotify where I can listen to her music plus the Jesus music of the 70's and 80's which I think cannot be beat; and my step-sister apologizing for how her mother had treated me over the years.

Unfortunately, I've felt God's presence very seldom since going on disability. I think that this is why I like Marlowe's song, Your Presence Lord, so much. It is the only piece of her piano music in which she sings; We are brother in sister in Christ, and I also feel like that for 45 years in and since high school that she is the sister that I never had. I would say the same thing about Jenean who I have been friends with for 20 years now.
(1)

Matthew West sings "The God Who Stays".
He called into the radio station today, with this 20 sec. instructional song to sing along to the tune of his new song: "The God Who Stays".

As You Wash Your Hands

When we wash our hands
When we wash our hands
We believe that mean Corona virus
Doesn't stand a chance.
Repeat. (so like any christian song)...
When we wash our hands
When we wash our hands
We believe that mean Corona virus
Doesn't stand a chance

So we will wash our hands.

.....Repeat the song several times a day.
(1)

Care for other, but not to the point of detriment of your own safety or wellness. Know your limitations and be responsible and true to yourself.
(4)

Margaret: Idk. But I am hopeful that the machine that monitors my eyes is up and running.
(1)

Perhaps all the believing caregivers on the site can pray hard for the quick development of a successful vaccine for Coronavirus. And pray for the researchers working on it
(2)

Smeshque: I do pray that you cured what made you ill.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter