Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Smeshque: I used to be so much of a perfectionist, that if my ice cube trays were not totally filled up, it would upset me. I stopped that as I know POTUS is not coming to visit any time soon if at all! I just cleaned a little, using a broom; it is not perfection, but I don't care because care because I have more important things to accomplish.

1 Peter 3:21

"Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you--not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience--through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."
(1)

Thank you LL for your encouragement. In my perfectionist mind, I forget to remind myself that I am only human. And that I will never be perfect. If I could be perfect or anyone for that matter, we would have no need of a perfect Saviour. And Hallelujah what a Saviour.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.”
Isaiah 55:8
(2)

Smeshque: We are mere mortal humans and as such, we are not perfect, though we may strive to be. God knows that and that's why he sent his son to earth to take away the sins of the world. (I'm not implying that you sinned; please understand that.)  I'm sure that you couldn't have said anything hurtful; as I've come to know you, it's just not in your nature or character. It is difficult to not get angry or upset on occasion.

Isn't that spectacular that you received that reaction from the person you visit each Tues. and Thurs. afternoons! I've known Alzheimer's friends myself and you do receive the random act of clarity from time to time.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 3:16 
(1)

LL- Thank you for the verses. Hope your day went well.
It is tough as a human sometimes, to give a soft answer to turn away wrath. Sometimes its as our tongues have a mind of its own. I said something today that I wished I didn't say, out of frustration. But I asked forgiveness, from whom I said it to and the Lord.
But, Oh if I could just use my right to remain silent, then maybe that would train this tongue of mine, to be kind.
It was a beautiful thing today. The couple we visit on Tues/Thurs, she has Alheimers.
Today we were sitting there and just out of the blue she said, "It just came to my mind, about our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."
It was such a beautiful thing to hear her say. Most of the time she talks about things that no one understands what she is saying. But, that was so clear and to the point, it was lovely.
(2)

Smeshque: Oh, praise God that your day was a better one! Oh, that is a powerful and indeed helpful scripture verse. Here are 2 that I found most beneficial:

Proverbs 15:1 

"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Proverbs 15:4

"A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit."
(3)

Indy- you are so right. So right. Something we all need to be aware of and strive to have a better heart, so our mouth pours out good things.

LL- So happy you had a better day. Mine was too.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
(2)

Smeshque: Oh, thank you! It was a better day and I hope that your day was pleasant.
(1)

Indy: Yes, I try to be very careful with my mouth; I just am not a hurtful person. But generally, even I receive a slight from a person, I react by giving them a kiss on the cheek when the person is a relative. I don't act the same way as them because God teaches us not to.
Btw, that is a favorite scripture verse of mine. Thank you for posting it.
(2)

shaking: Thank you for your wonderful words!
(1)

Duct tape....!!!!! Wish I could wear it every day over my mouth!
But short of that, the only effective solution is to address the heart. What comes out of our mouths is what is in our hearts. So the more we meditate and focus on our contentment in surrender to His will and plan for our lives, the less problem we should have with our mouths.
Praying for the peace that passes understanding for all these precious care givers in Christ; as we let our requests be known to Him with thanksgiving and allow His peace to guard our hearts in Christ Jesus.

Phil 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
(2)

Big Hug Ll- The SON will come out tomorrow. 😊 Hang in there.
(1)

smeshque: Indeed, i know what you mean. Horrible day for me as well. So sorry for you.
(0)

Thank you shaking.
You gave me a good reminder. This being my cross, and bearing it willingly and gracefully.
I too have been working on keeping my mouth shut. Difficult challenge as we know the tongue can no man tame. But, we carry on and keep trying.Considering how our Saviour kept his mouth shut enduring a much more difficult thing.
Thank you again for that reminder. Keep pressing on.
(2)

Everytime I think I have it figured out and that it is going to get better, I have a struggling through it kinda day. Then I get so disheartened and have to start over again and remind myself I am not in control. I have no power to do anything on my own. But, by God's grace and his strength and his courage that he allows me to borrow at times, then and only then can I make it.
Sometimes it feels that I will never get this down and do it well. that I will always struggle at it and feel guilty when I cannot do it the way I feel I should do it.
But I do not give up hope. I do not give up at all. If I am allowed another day, i will get up and I will try and do better than today. And then one day, I am confident that I will get up, and will have grown and gained strength and will be doing it well. With the help of Jesus.
I have been so worried about my Mom, she has been acting a little off these last few days.
I will not give up, and I will carry on. Sorry if this doesn't quite make sense, been a rough day.
May God bless all caregivers, present, past and future. There is no other test of love and self that can be more difficult.
We are soldiers.

Romans 12:12
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
(2)

NYDaughterInLaw: Oh, thank you for the lovely food for the soul!
(2)

"For each will have to bear his own load." Galatians 6:5

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men." Colossians 3:23
(2)

smeshque: A verse I chose specifically for your return to employment.

Proverbs 13:4

"The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied."
Such a wonderful scripture verse you wrote to me!
(0)

LL- Proverbs 27:9
Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.
(1)

Smeshque: Oh, thank you so much, but I give the Glory to God, our Precious Saviour. Your compliments are very much appreciated and I think of you in the same vien, i.e. nicest person in the world.
It does no one good to fret with worry; carry on.
(1)

Thank you LL for the prayer and scripture for Sinai. You are such a lovely lady.
May the Lord bless you with all things you need. You are always so considerate and caring of others. It's what makes you, YOU.
You have such a hard job in this life, but you do it well and make it look easy. So thank you for being you.
(1)

smeshque: Oh, I will pray for the 15 year old girl, Sinai. I cannot begin to fathom what her parents, siblings and friends (you) are going through, but it has to be sleeplessness. I shall lift Sinai up in prayer. Dear Heavenly Father, please let no harm come to Sinai and that she be returned to her family, Amen.

1 Corinthians 6:12

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything.

I chose this scripture verse specifically for Sinai.
(1)

Yes Ll, there is an amber alert and it has been posted on most sites.
Hoping for the best. I so hope she is found soon.

“For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.”
Psalms 5:12
(1)

Smeshque: Thank you! By faith, my husband has eased up on the sometimes harsh statements to me, but I don't have time for that (harshness).
Oh, yes, definitely I will pray for Sinaii, the 15 year-old girl. I am a huge advocate for those girls who have been kidnapped such as Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard, Michelle Knight, Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry WHO ALL ESCAPED THEIR ABUCTOR! I hope this girl is found soon. Is their an Amber Alert posted and has it been posted to social media?
(0)

Again I am proud of you. Not letting anyone stop or interfere with your faith..And as scripture says maybe by your lifestyle your husband might be won.

Please keep in your prayers a girl named Sinaii. She is 15 and has been missing for a week. We know her parents. They are in South Carolina. Pray for her a safe return home. It is so scary in these times, kids being taken.
Much love.
(2)

Smeshque: No, I have not heard of the man, Paul Washer. Good for you on the no sugar! I, too, don't consume sugary pastries and the like only quite rarely. My mother gave me a thyroid disorder.
I am on my own as my husband had a very dysfuntional mother and father, who shoved Catholic religion on him  that changed him not to the good, but that's about all they did. They were alcoholic and mentally ill people. It doesn't stop me from being a Christian, though.
Thank you for that lovely scripture..
(1)

I do just like plain ol' unsweetened iced tea. I do not eat pastries or cakes much. I do enjoy cheesecake on my birthday.

The value of a woman lesson, was more how the husband should value his wife. We too agree that men are the head and the woman should follow. Mostly, if a man is a good Godly leader a woman will happily follow and submit. People often get offended by that. thinking that as a head the man just has his wife for a servant. But scripture is clear that we are to serve one another, and that the man is to head his household under Christ. But a Godly woman will gladly follow a Godly man. That is how Christ intended it. Scripture is also clear how a husband should love and treat his wife.
Have you ever heard of Paul Washer?

“Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?”
Luke 12:24
(1)

Smeshque: I am never a hot tea person. I get unsweetened iced tea and always with lemon wedges as it makes the tea and I sweeten it with artifical sweetener per my dental office protocol. Very interesting that you drink your iced tea with no added sugars. Do you not often eat cakes or pastries?  I try to stay away from them due to caloric content that I don't need. But I'll indulge once in a while. Yes, my migraine did pass, but I'll not be eating smoked meat ever again.
I love that scripture verse. Thank you sharing that lovely sermon! I would aspire to be likened to Jesus. How wonderful! The value of women is not spoken of very much in my independent Baptist Church as it is taught that men are the head or leader of the household and women must follow. Yes, the reward that we get as caregivers or former caregivers is immense.
(0)

LL- Sweet or Unsweet Tea, cold or hot? I am an unsweet iced tea drinker. So sorry for the headache. Hope it passes quickly.

Today was a good day. Two good sermons. One on the value of women, and the other was let the beaty of Jesus be seen in you.
Speaking of the actions and love of Jesus, not physical appearance, because we know as scripture says Jesus was not as portrayed in pictures. As in Isaiah 53,he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
But Jesus was beautiful in that while he was despised and rejected, He loved and was the greatest example of love. Laying down his life in our stead. We as caregivers show love in a similar way, by giving up part of our life to care for loved ones.
No greater love is their than that a man would lay down his life for another.
When we have sacrificial love as a caregiver, we are giving up parts of ourselves and parts of our lives, but, will be replenished and we will be all the much better people for it.
Difficult labor of love. But every bit worth it.
Love your loved ones so that you will have no regrets. Love as if each day is the last.
Stay strong and find ALL your strength in God through Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
(1)

Dear Smeshque: Oh, I am so glad that you are getting some time to yourself each day little by little. Some days even if you can get one seemiingly small task done, e.g. folding laundry, it will be enough to give you satisfaction. Strangely today was no rain, but I started with a bad migraine and had to get my husband to give me a strong abortive med. I managed to get a salad at Panera and 4 huge iced teas before I drove carefully home. There was a young man there who had asked me how I could afford to eat there about 2 weeks ago and today I was able to give him some good advice. Keep at it even when the going gets tough.
Oh, what lovely scripture. Sorry I can't share one with you today due to my head hurting.
(1)

LL- Hope you have a great rest and great Lord's Day.
I had a good day today. I am feeling more and more better each day, praise God. I have been learning how to take small amounts of time to myself little by little and see that Mom is ok if I do that. So today I was able to get some things done and not feel guilty about it. And Mom was okay, it did not take away from her in any way. So, I am learning.......

“From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”
Psalms 61:2
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter