Believing caregivers, how do I reconcile that scripture says to put others before me whereas the secular world says put me first? - AgingCare.com

Believing caregivers, how do I reconcile that scripture says to put others before me whereas the secular world says put me first?

Follow

Is anyone else having a challenge of doing things scriptural, verses what the secular world says. As in scripture says to put others before me whereas the secular world says put me first. I know what is right, just wondering if others may struggle with this. And how do we mourn the loss of ourselves without sinking into depression? How do we have joy in the midst of our trials and tribulations? It seems that as time passes my patience doesn't hurt as much, (must be experience), but still everyday I start wearing down where my patience begins to hurt a little and I am struggling not to let it be seen. I spend a lot of time in prayer and in the word, that is the only way I have the strength to do this, putting myself aside. But as a faulty human being, I am still in a struggle and seek like minded individuals who understand. May God bless all those who are loving their loved ones to the best of their ability.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
Some humans can be pugnacious. It is not a pretty characteristic to show. Perhaps they're having a very bad day or are on medication. We must learn to not engage in wrath and acrimony, else it beats us down. Humankind should boost one another up, but such is not always the case.
If you stand upright, even if beaten down, you shall show HIM your strength and in doing so, you will be greatly rewarded as a steward of GOD.
(1)

Mary: The nine Fruits of the Spirits are a guidepost, if you will. They are all wonderful to aspire to be likened to. The Book of Psalms are lovely indeed.
(0)

Caregiving, and losing loved ones, I will always say is are the hardest parts of this earthly journey. It is such an enduring labor of love. Only the strong survive. And our strength does not come from within us, but from above, from the Father of lights. We are weak on our own. With HIM we can do all things.
Even in the midst of caregiving hardships and struggles, amidst the hatefulness of the world, amidst all things good and bad, we must continue to shine so that others may see HIS glory. Don't let the temporal things of this world overshadow our true purpose. There are always going to be struggles, HE said so. There are always going to be mean people who do not care if they are hurtful to us. There is always going to be evil. Until HE comes.
Stay strong in truth and light. HE is the only way to get through all of our troubles and dark despair, HE is the only answer, our only help, our only hope. HE is Jesus the Christ, our Saviour and Lord.

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” 
Matthew 5:16

Absolutely Mary, Absolutely!
(3)

Psalm 43:5 Why art thou cast down o my soul? Hope ye in God...
It is all a matter of perspective and expectations.
When we look at the big picture, it all looks different.
(3)

Smeshque: I love your new avatar. Great choice. Yes, if one doesn't have anything nice to say, then one should not hurt someone else with a tongue full of pebbles. True story.
(1)

DDDuck: The book of Psalms was written as a book of poetry. Aren't they all beautiful, each and every one?
(1)

Duck- It is wonderful to hear from you. Psalms 143 is one of my favorites and regulars as well. It has got me through a lot of difficult times.
I love the word too and it is amazingly powerful. Glad you are smiling, you deserve to smile, and that makes me smile.
Love when you check in. Love seeing you grow. :) A Beautiful flower in a world of weeds.
(0)

Greetings to all. I am just checking in and wanted to share that I read the 144th psalm after I read my 143rd which is a regular read. First time I read 144th, it was amazing. I was on train reading and all I know is I just kept shaking my head.

So here I am just checking in and smiling and shaking my head again and again. I love the Word, and I love to learn. This is a great and well needed forum. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. It does sink in.
(3)

LL- If only we could always do that it would be wonderful, wouldn't it?

“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” 
Hebrews 4:16
(3)

Ephesians 4:29

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
Related
Questions