Follow

As previously told I have a neighbor who is terminally ill who I was trying to help to the nature of her condition. She is receiving hospice at home, on 8/5/22 she had a meeting of her hospice team, the Chaplin called me and state the neighbor was capable of being independent and needed her space, and she (the neighbor) would talk to me. I did have my kids visiting at this time, however, they've left and she just distanced herself from me. For the past soon-to-be 10 years I've helped her with her computer and just about everything electronic when it wasn't working and then some. The last time I had to fix her computer was about mid-July, she said she was dusting, but somehow she pulled the power cord to her modem out, therefore no computer, or landline phone. Last night 8/12/22 at 7:45 PM she knocks at my door while on the phone, in a very aggressive stance she's demanding I go over and fix her computer because all of sudden, after a few weeks it's not working because I did something to it, all I did was replace a power cord into the modem. I told her, (especially after her accusation of wrongdoing on my part!) I can't help her, period, end of story! At 10 AM, Saturday (this morning) she spent 15 minutes knocking continuously at my door, I didn't open the door, and 2 hours later, she knocked again. Even if I wanted to, being accused of doing something, I won't even set foot inside her apartment, and also due to her aggressive behavior, she's looking to start something with me. I understand she may have something mentally going on due to her illness, but short of already telling her "no", she's not stopping and shoot, I have my own health problems and my anxiety level is way up there. Yes, I'm moving latter part of September 2022, but what can I possibly do now to deter her???

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
No I am not. Baffeled is a regular poster. Just wanted her to know she has two posts back to back.
(2)

Are you an admin of this page?
(0)

Baffled sent a Thank you under Discussions

Thank you to all that responded with such helpful advice and insight. What I did by not responding to my neighbor was a bitter-sweet situation. She is sick and her computer is her only source of socialization because I don't see anyone coming to visit her.

If she hadn't approached me in such a malevolent manner with an accusation of having done something weeks ago that now her computer is not working, I would have helped out, but now I won't enter her apartment let alone fix her computer.

Thank you all for taking the time I really do appreciate each comment!
(1)

I have a neighbor that would love to use me to run to the liquor store for her,get her groceries ,go to the bank for her,you name it.
Just before the pandemic was claimed,I was at the liquor store getting her booze and tears were running down my face because I didn't want to do it.(and other reasons)
When I delivered her the booze,she said "It took you long enough" and that upset me more.
It took my husband going over to her house and telling her to leave me alone.
Iv'e been free of her since that day and it's been wonderful.
Like you said you have your own health problems....
You have to protect your own health and sanity.
I hope you can figure what to do....soon~
(4)

Baffled has been having problems with this neighbor. Its a whole thread. Things were going good and then the woman started up again. She stopped talking to her and did answer the door only to tell her she was not helping her with her computer and she needed to call someone then shut the door. Only to have her come back and start pounding. Baffled is moving next month and needs tge time to pack. I think a visit from a policeman might do the trick.
(1)

You could get a restraining order. In that case, after you call the police and explain that you want it, they’ll require that she understands and signs it. They will probably visit her house to get this done. It might be a good idea to do this. You’d have a record of the problem in case she erupts into even worse. If she violates the order, you can take further steps. You really do need to protect yourself.
(1)

call police. is it an apartment building with on-site management? if so, call the management company.
(2)

You did great not going over there and not answering the door the next day.

Honestly she sounds unbalanced.

Please do not go in her house and exercise caution you never know what a person will do.

Most murder/attempted murder is committed by someone you know. Just be careful. Cant wait until you are moved out.
(3)

If you can't reach her hospice chaplain, call the police and ask them to have a talk to her about contacting you.

My dad was a great one for blaming others of his actions. It was ALWAYS awkward when someone accused me of something I didn't do, I never wanted to throw him under the bus but, it was really challenging sometimes. I can't imagine dealing with this from a neighbor, I think total disconnect is your safest action. Who knows what she might say :-(.
(4)

Do you have the chaplain's number?

Is this a change in her mental status (I can't get to your previous posts)? She may be entering a phase of her cancer where she DOES require more help.
(4)

"https://www.agingcare.com/questions/my-neighbor-is-now-harassing-me-what-can-i-do-476575.htm"

You already asked a similar question that I answered. Don't know what is going on but every time I use the backward button, I have to log in again. Had to go thru a backdoor to get to this question because when I went to answer it, I was told I had to sign in again.

Did you post again because u couldn't find the first one? Maybe AC is doing an upgrade?
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter