Follow

I'm so happy for her. The girl was 92, moderate dementia and no sickness or pain to speak of. She was just tired. I would be too . old age got her and i think its a beautiful thing .
the NH staff are probably the biggest losers . they lost one loving and mischievious old friend . i feel bad for them .

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
The stories you posted about your Aunt Edna remind me so much of my childhood days on the farm with my grandparents. So many fond memories. Sorry for your loss. Glad you have the good memories of the past.
(2)

We still joke that my Mom is organizing St Peter's filing system "to improve the process". I am sure Edna is in the fast lane wherever she decides to go...
(0)

I'm so sorry for your loss Captain. I have so enjoyed all of your stories. May she rest in peace...well, rest anyway, peace would not suit her...rest in mischief and debauchery. Fly free Edna!

Angel
(0)

Captain....thank you for this post. It's an elegant eulogy to a great lady in true captain style: short, blunt, to-the-point, a little bit rude and stab-in-the-heart sincere...add in a dash of hope for the rest of us....
As you know by now, you made Edna very real to all of us with your crazy wonderful tales of the great (and sometimes not so great) times that you 2 shared....
So....very sad at the news but, glad to know that Edna's spirit and legacy will live on. She had a great, long ride .... and she knew how to enjoy it. Thank you for letting all of us share and appreciate it along the way.
(2)

Oh Captain, I'm sorry for the loss of your Dear Aunt Edna! I know how much you Loved her from your awesome posts about her! What a legacy! I hope you are doing OK, I know how hard it is to lose a favorite Auntie, and I had several. We are now the oldy moldy's, so take good care of yourself!
(2)

shilo,
of course ther are more bs stories . edna and i crammed on the trike one pretty day for over 3 hrs . when we pulled back to her intersection again i asked her if she was ready to go home . she shrugged and we rolled . maybe for another hour . spontanious girl is what im sayin ..
(4)

I am so sorry for you, I know you will miss her
(2)

Cap, somehow I have a feeling you have only just begun to share the memories you have of your aunt. You have always shown us your love for your Aunt Edna. I am sorry you lost your friend (and glad she went peacefully).
(2)

Capn, I am sorry that our fun lady is gone. The world is a sadder place without her. Good-by Aunt Edna.
(2)

thanks girls ,
it is a big loss but in a way , its moderated . i have the canning jars that she handled 70 yrs ago -- and their full of fresh food .
where does her legacy end ?
it wont . im sure of that ..
(3)

Sorry captain.
(0)

so much bonding in the last 3 yrs . the way she defiantly stuck her head out and closed her eyes for my haircuts , to the way she remembered a day in advance that id promised to trim her toenails .
these were the things she was doing for me 50 yrs ago .
it was all an honor ..
she gifted me the toenail clippers that shed cut my nails with 50 yrs earlier one time , but she understood that i wasnt a collector -- so she gifted them to my youngest son . the clippers will be around for another 100 yrs . jake is like that .
(2)

Capt glad you're taking it in stride..

You live you die... But she enjoyed the ride..
(1)

my GRL ..
(1)

cooler than ice T wearing snow skies ..
he he
(2)

Awww Captain, I've enjoyed your posta about Aunt Edna. I'm sorry for your loss, I know you'll miss her, but it sounds like she'll be having fun where ever she is.
(3)

my funnest memory was edna sitting in my garage for 8 hrs while i switched out a fender and a rocker panel on the little truck that she liked so much . when we went back to town in the evening she said shed never rode in a vehicle without a hood . i assured her we dont need no stinking hood and she was so accomodating that she didnt even put up a fuss .
the girl just rolled with it . why wouldnt i fall in love with her ?
one time we burried the truck in the swamp and had to phone for help . she said we had ice water and it was a beautiful day and s* it happens . how cool can you get ?
(4)

until society creates another like her , ill remain alone .
just talked to my youngest son . him and his girl are taking off for the smokey mountains . they are such a product of their upbringing it isnt even funny .
my ex was so inspired by witches peak that she said shed like to have her ashes distributed there . of course i was listening . she may have her ashes scattered there long before a natural death . lol ..
grudge , me ? hell to the YA ..
(1)

Hey Cap. So sorry for your loss. Edna sounded like quite the character. May she rest in peace!
(1)

Capn, you have Edna some great times and kept her safe. I'm sorry for you loss.
(1)

edna isnt gone . i just mentioned in the ( whats for dinner ) thread that her badassery in the forest and in the kitchen is going on in at least three homes tonight . when i play in the kitchen with either of my sons and they shove me outta the way as soon as they get the drift , i think of edna .
run with it b* tches.
her daughter has sacrificed a lot of her energies to care for her mom for many years too .
the best i could do was to write to her tonight and tell her so , and to be proud . she done a great job , in spite of the mother / daughter dynamics .
(3)

Aww Captain, FF said it so well. I'm sorry for your loss.
(3)

Captain, I've been following your journey with Aunt Edna and had to smile with some of things the two of you did, and how well you handled her care. You will have a boat load of memories. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter