Follow

So my area tops the NYT best seller list for Covid. We have the Brazil varient. I had to drive 2.5 hours north to get a vaccine because most of the vaccines in my county are saved for the next county over which Flint, the water crisis, yada yada.

So, Gretch got on TV, yapping about personal responsibility and asking people to stay home, etc. They wont and its outta control.

So my client owns a restaurant, he has double digit employees exposed to Covid, a little less than dozen testing positive. They are working because Gretch vetoed Covid as a reason for unemployment so they would only get federal money...that wont hit national news.

So, now I just had local news on and the Big 3 CEOs of the hospitals were on about no unnecessary procedures, them being at capacity, begging her to close down. She won't.

These are just some of the reasons, I think it has went from science to political.

What was your turning point?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Well, I think we expected a bit bump up after Easter, and here it comes. Spring break and all that good stuff. I hear the variants are hitting some of the younger harder than was expected.
For myself, I am finally just fine with all of it at this point, as far as the USA goes (I feel sorry for countries without virtually any vaccine at all, and the world will pay a price on that; the world is too small for that).
The truth is, I am vaccinated. I worked hard to get my butt in the door soon as I could. My partner is vaccinated. My daughter, who is teaching, is vaccinated, my grandson, my step-daughters, and all others in family working hard to get vaccine as soon as they can.
The variants are pretty much so far covered by this vaccine. If not they will work on new boosters. And on we go again. I wear my mask when out in public. And as far as others who don't wish to protect themselves???? I am just great with that. It isn't about politics for me now. It is an individual choice. If they want to take their chances I say "go for it". Best of luck.
When I see people out there risking themselves I just mutter "Darwinian", smile, and walk on. It's in their hands. I am happy to take the worrying about them off my dance card.
(9)

Around noon, everyday, I look at how bad it is. Morbid right? There was this article with the Lt. Gov interviewed about the mass vaccines. To sum it up, Asian Americans here are getting too many vaccines in proportion to population that were set up for POC. My area is very right wing, odd, to be polite. As you know, I make you look conservative 😁.

There is this CDC site, vaccinefinder.org, to help you get vaccines. So the Kroger and Rite Aid 4 miles from my house has vaccines but will only give vaccines to people in Genessee County which is maybe 30 to 40 minutes from me. I had to go way up north to get a vaccine. I literally printed a map and took random zip codes by 50 mile radius from my house to find the closest. Sorry, thats bs.

I dont understand why she is going against the CDC and science. It makes me feel stupid for defending her.
(0)

I’m probably wrong and this is just an opinion but I think Biden’s obsession. With Covid is overblown and used to deflect from his other problems . I’ve quit listening to all the hoopla. I wear a mask where required, but otherwise I keep my life much the same. We stopped for breakfast this am- not a mask in sight. No social distancing and several large parties dining together. Stopped for gas - no masks
(8)

It was political a year ago and that hasn't waned. If we had real information from the top rather than lies, the attitude to fighting this virus would be vastly different.
(12)

Mountain Moose I agree - everyone has used Covid
(1)

Mountain Moose summed it up succinctly, and accurately, and unfortunately.   Lies, erroneous information, incompetence, rivalry, and just plain stupidity has created a nightmare of a situation.   

The fact that certain segments of the population have been noncompliant throughout the duration, and still are, compounds the situation.

I read earlier today that :

"Seven Democratic members of Congress sent a letter to Biden asking him to issue a 'waiver of informed consent' to require all U.S. military service members to get the vaccine." 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nearly-40-of-marines-decline-covid-19-vaccine-prompting-some-democrats-to-urge-biden-to-set-mandate-for-military/ar-BB1fvYj3?ocid=msedgntp

A waiver of informed consent is not only irresponsible, it's disgusting, and unfair.     Service members already put their lives on the line for the nation, including idiots who refuse to take precautions, and elected officials, some of whom have probably never been in the armed forces or put their lives in jeopardy for their country.

Why should the Marines  now be deprived of their right to refuse the vaccine?   It's not mandatory like other shots are...or are least not yet.

The article also stated:

"The letter, obtained by CNN, said that while the Pentagon has 'made admirable efforts to educate service members on the safety and efficacy' of the vaccine, those efforts have been 'outpaced by disinformation dominating social media.' "

So disinformation should drive the Pentagon's orders to the Marines on the vaccine issue? The Dems who complained need to get behind the effort to control social media. 

Note that an Ops Officer stated :

"We fully understand that widespread acceptance of the COVID-19 vaccine provides us with the best means to defeat this pandemic. The key to addressing this pandemic is building vaccine confidence".

Confidence is a key factor which, IMHO, is dwindling, especially with the J&J situation  as well as the AstraZeneca side effects noted thus far. 

My confidence dwindles every time I think of J&J and its irresponsible attitude toward powder with asbestos, linked to cancer.
(1)

Covid-19 is very real and highly contagious. The 4th wave is now upon us which is hitting much younger people. Governors are backed into a corner, d*** if they do, d*** if they don't open the State.

Recently my sig-other's grown daughter [45] came down with covid and she has been extremely sick going on two weeks, we don't know if she will be a "long hauler" meaning she will continue to be sick for months on end. Where did she get the virus? From her high school age daughter who just couldn't stay home and it was one of her friends who later tested positive, even though this friend wasn't feeling sick at all. That is why this virus is so contagious !!! It can sneak up upon you.

The teen-aged daughter had also infected her father [46] at his home on Easter, couple hours later was rush to the hospital and thankfully he is doing better. He got sick that quickly.

If that doesn't give one something to think about, visit the cemeteries. My sig-other works at a cemetery and they have been overwhelmed this pass year. He's has seen funerals for infants who died from the virus..... young healthy 20 somethings..... young family men in their 40's..... older people's families all needing to arrange funerals. Those deaths could have been prevented.

My wonderful boss died from the virus a year ago May. If only he would have paid attention to the information instead of believing in misinformation. It takes more than just wearing a mask, it is also social distancing, and using hand sanitizer as soon as you get back into the vehicle after running each errand. And don't assume other family members, friends, and co-workers are playing it safe.

Everyone, please be safe :D
(9)

Truthfully I do respect other people’s rights to their opinions and options when they do not become heated or disrespectful and angry.
I’m 100% caregiver - I went above and beyond to protect my mom and myself (yes probably more than someone else) but if I got sick - she had no one. It was a choice I made for us. I did everything I could from online but there were times I had to go get something or get to an appt. and my husband had to work in the public every day so those who protected someone else when they were close to me or my husband - I appreciated it. I couldn’t take the chance on something that was still so unknown (nobody was going to show up to care for my mom if I got sick and therefore I chose the “over cautious” and I was ashamed by the political game and name calling that became of it. I never expected anyone to sacrifice to the level I sacrificed and had to make changes but to complain about a mask when other families were unable to be with loved ones - in hospitals - in care facilities - I really do not have the heart to process some of the behaviors people showed to each other. It also saddened me. I’m grateful my county kept a indoor mask requirement. So all the people I knew in the daily trenches of it didn’t have to babysit a bunch of fighting adults that were just doing their jobs and working every day.
The “if ur scared then just stay home” was so horrific. How about if your a human just do something good for someone else.
I have taken in children in my family and other families who were severe drug addicts - moved them in with me and stopped my life to get them help (years not days of my life) - a teenage nephew who was suicidal who I put on a plane and helped him walk into an ER to admit he was scared and needed help (when his own parents went on a campaign trail - yes for politics) - took in my a mom who survived a massive stroke because clearly god has other plans for her still - people who complain about helping or protecting another human and attempt to make something political to not help protect someone else - I don’t have a need to argue with. I believe we are here to help each other not fight each other - no matter how big or how small - just do for each other. When we do this by our own choice - we will be serving our purpose for the greater good of everyone. ♥️
So Thank you to those who helped.
(7)

In MI.. I feel your pain.

In my opinion, COVID has been political from the onset.

We don’t watch any kind of news channel anymore.
(7)

March 19, 2021, 11:47 am, Arizona time, is EXACTLY the turning point for me. I was never much of a Covid fan to begin with, from the start, it smelled of political convenience in my opinion; and now I am convinced it’s the most elaborate public scandal of our time. Anyway... ah, the turning point. Well, Friday, March 19, 2021 was a very special day that included a trip to the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse to get our marriage license before going to the Justice of the Peace later that day. We got to the courthouse, reluctantly “masked up” and went inside to our appointment. There were maybe ten others there, all of us in different chairs- social distancing, of course, and all of us went up to one of the two clerk windows when our number was called. Our visit to this STATE of ARIZONA GOVERNMENT FACILITY went like this: sat in chairs, went to window, then to table to sit down and fill out license application, went back over to the first area and sat in different chairs, waited until called up to the other window to complete the process, left courthouse.
While we were there, we sat in 5 different places in that area, multiply that by two pairs of buns and you get a total of 10 spots of where our cooties were shed. NOT ONCE, during our visit did ANYONE, not even a temp hire monkey with a spray bottle of disinfectant and a rag, come around and sanitize where we and everyone else, had sat down while there going from chairs to windows, back to chairs, etc..
That, my friends, is my personal turning point and precise moment I told Covid to kiss my cootie ridden a**!

Susan

ps- out of respect for my co-workers and the many people I come into contact while at work, I wear a mask and I got tested ; results were negative.
(4)

Susan, you can be negative for covid-19 one day, and be positive a couple days later without even knowing it. One would need to be tested daily to be sure your safe, but that's not practical. That is why covid is so highly contagious.
(3)

Hi freqflyer-
thank you for your reply; I am very open to the many different viewpoints, etc. regarding COVID-19.
my stance is based on what I experienced during my visit to a state government facility- a place that should be, in my opinion, a highly exemplary ‘role model’ in its practices of sanitation and prevention, especially because it is a public place run by the same government that is mandating COVID related rules to everyone and causing irreparable damage to the small businesses and people in its community! That wasn’t the case at that courthouse, of all the places that should be walking the walk it talks, I feel strongly a county superior court building should be in the top five.
susan
(2)

The local governements here has declared a state of emergency, it is not open to the public. MIOSHA publicizes the list of fines every Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning listed as total fine, amount for Covid violations. I was in shock how many government office were fined for violations in general, not to mention the Covid part. There is absolutely no consistence in how they are leveled.

Some crazy parents were out protesting, no masks, no social distancing about sports. The schools are bucking to the pressure of the fringe and starting up again. It is crazy.

The CDC came out and said vaccinations wont stop it here but she is not listening. After she pretty much begged for JJ vaccines, the FDA and CDC are wanting it shut down due to clots. Everyone I know who got it had alot worse side effects than the other 2 vaccines. So, who knows what she will do now.
(1)

COVID=
completely
overrated
viral
infectious
distraction
that used to be called a COLD. Or the flu. Remember when a really bad cold or flu could turn into pneumonia and people, mostly the elderly and people with compromised health, had very high risks of dying and were dying from pneumonia? Now pneumonia has an accessory-Covid.
(3)

All one has to do is read about the pandemic of 1918-1919. It is eerie how we are seeing history repeating itself. It's like haven't we learned anything in the pass 100 years? The number of deaths in the one year period is reaching that of the 1918-1919 pandemic.
(7)

OUHyperop wrote:

"COVID=
completely
overrated
viral
infectious
distraction"

You might consider asking the families of the thousands here in the US who've lost loved ones if they believe the virus is overrated and a distraction.
(12)

Hmm...

My comments got deleted. Did someone report it? Admit it if it's you.

Two points I made about the COVID spreaders.

BLM protestors and looters, and Portland Oregon ongoing rioters. They don't care about 6 feet distance or masks.

The current southern border crisis with the tens of thousands of illegals pouring into the country. With an estimate of 25%-50% of them are COVID positive, yet border patrols say they are NOT allowed to stop them from coming in. Biden has NO plan to protect the country.

Go ahead and report my post again if you want to hide the truth.
(9)

The Teacher Union in CA has dugged in their heels refusing to go back to the classrooms to teach American children until EVERY student has been inoculated against COVID, and their demands for more money and other things are met. Yet, right now, the teachers in Southern CA are tripping over themselves volunteering to teach the illegal children IN-PERSON. American kids? Who cares.
(5)

I read an article today about the correlation between cases here and in Ontario. Even though the US/Canada border is closed for tourism, there are many reasons to cross including commerce (trucking). Since I live near the Bay, there is also shipping from other countries.

The article I just read was about metrics, the Republicans passed a while back when they were trying to open the economy. Anyway, she vetoed it. So, if she would have signed it, restaurants would be shut down again based upon a different party and science.

I am just getting frustrated with her imconsistencies and that Fauci pillow behind her during her media spree. She is not listening to science at this point.
(1)

Polar, I agree with you. I think there should be more focus on the border. And American kids first.
(7)

Well look what happened when she tried to shut down last year. Attempt to kidnap her. Bottom line: this happened when Trump was faced with a crisis and he preferred to pretend it would just go away. And too many people acted like spoiled brats and decided they did not want to do the responsible things.

I grew up with my grandmother who knew all about epidemics and how whole families could die in a week. It is up to all us responsible adults to act as such, to take medical advice and do what they recommend. Hundreds of thousands of people would be alive today had Americans stepped up to the challenge, listened to the experts and not to an ignorant, corrupt foul-mouth. Haven't you found that in real emergencies, it's the people who ride next to you on the bus who get things done, not the high-maintenance types that ride in limousines? We need to stop believing that any politician can wave a magic wand and everything will be peachy.
(4)

Polarbear - may I ask what part of the US you live in? Does not sound like you know much about the history of the southwest US, the naked aggression of Manifest Destiny, the genocide of Native Americans. Frankly, times change, people migrate, that is just how the world has always worked. Trying to hold onto an inaccurate idea of the past simply will not help a better future. I welcome immigrants - a better "class" if you will than the types that tried insurrection on Jan. 6. They listen to endless lies fed to them by the 1% that will do anything to maintain their power. They shoot themselves and then complain about their bullet-ridden bodies. Hold onto bigotry no matter what it costs them. Go figure!
(1)

I'm on the other side of the border and I'm watching the correlation too, it seem too much to accept it is just a coincidence. Somebody's been bringing this $hit in from the UK and Brazil so the border hasn't been as closed and secure as we pretend it is.
I'm not sure what Bridger means by American kids first, it is obvious to all of us waiting for vaccines that America has no intention of sharing anything, we got AstraZeneca as a "loan" and only because it was expiring and there is no intention of ever approving it there - I imagine you will be sending away J&J as well.
(2)

I began to be skeptical about political motivation when I realized the media and government were putting maximum emphasis on case rates and rarely reporting survival/ recovery rates. The narrative was crafted to feed fear: we're all going to die! Well, no, we're not. Older people and people with compromised immune systems were always the most vulnerable, but even then the survival/recovery rates have been astoundingly high. They just went under-reported. So why lock down the whole country and tank the economy? If the powers that be truly believe what they've been feeding us, why have they so often been caught on camera scoffing at their own mandates? Why were so many of those.mandates insanely arbitrary? Like strip clubs were allowed to operate indoors but churches couldn't. Why was no distinction made between people who died OF covid versus people who died WITH covid?. There are reputable data that indicate the US death rate year over year hasn't changed significantly; the causes of deaths have just been reassigned. But I guess the real turning point for me was when they started arresting people for worshipping but turned a blind eye on rioters. Could the virus tell the difference?
Was this a serious epidemic? Yes. Has the government's reaction to it been an overreach? I think so. Others may feel differently and I respect that.
(9)

C willie, I was referring to the teachers in parts of the US who are refusing to go back into their classrooms, but yet are volunteering to teach immigrant children. There were two teachers in the district where I live who refused to return to the classroom. Instead of doing their job, they gathered up supplies and took up donations to go to the border in Texas to teach children who are being held there.
(4)

@Sgcinsd: The narrative was crafted by The Media. Fear makes people read/watch the news. Fear sells ad space. It's all about the money. There is no gray area anymore. No one can have a civil conversation. This is America, where you're supposedly allowed to have your own opinion, and respect others regardless of whether they have the same opinion. The "reporting" is all black and white and rarely parses the plusses and minuses of anything. It's all accusatory or completely exculpatory. The "facts" are always adapted towards one opinion or the other. I can't trust any of it. I have to watch/read lots of sources to decide what's my reality.

Gotta get off this high horse before I fall off, lol!
(5)

Cwillie, if you are interested, John Hopkins is the one releasing the data. No, the border is not secure up here. It is different though for certain reasons. I used to work at a plant, the plant manager was wanted for warrants (child support) in Canada. Border Control always picked up the Hispanics, go figure. Anyway, if you are in a "relationship," you can cross over and get a vaccine. Christ, you can use me and say "online relationship," I dont care. I think it is terrible we are holding the "good" vaccines for us.

Rovana, I expect her not to lie and follow science. I supported her until she did not. She got on TV yesterday, just straight out lied when confronted about her new staff and head of health dept vacationing down south not vaccinated. There were travel restrictions at the onset so I do not understand the denial. That is what upsets me.
(0)

GA, I read the post.

I am just annoyed. Sorry. So yesterday, I am at the Covid client, the people there make fun of me over the masks, no big deal. If thats the best they have, I make fun of myself over worse. One employee, the maintenance guy, said what will you do if I cough on you, came up and coughed. That is just the total disrespect, I am done with. A$$holes need to be fined if they cannot respect others. I choose to wear a mask and it does not harm others and I guess, I just want others to respect my choices for myself.
(3)

Stacy, I first started masking in mid-Feb., 2020.   At the laundrymat one day, I heard some childish man-boys snickering over my outfit.  (I also overcompensated, wearing work type eye protection and a plastic shower cap on my head!).   

One of the boys explained that I was outfitted like that b/c of the virus.  The others snickered.    They were sitting right next to next other, talking and laughing.    If I had cared, I would have wondered later if any of them got the virus.

What irks me is the increasingly aggressive push to get vaccinated, while ignoring those who still aren't even complying with masking or social distancing.   I saw a photo of alleged students at a Florida spring break, literally packed in like the proverbial sardines.  I only saw a few masks.   

If they incite another outbreak, the tv doctors will probably engage in another push for everyone who hasn't been vaccinated to get a shot.  Those who won't will continue to ignore safety and perhaps just continue to spread the virus.
(1)

What I am going to say is completely horrible, I understand that and no one can be harder on me than I am on myself.

So my client, Covid King. He has this "manager" who has some type of cancer that affects .5% of the world's population. Once diagnosed, you die within 3 yrs. His dream is to run a wedding venue. But the blood, spit up and nose bleeds. Its just gross, blood all over the woman's bathroom because he cant get sick in the urinals. He is trying to budget so bathrooms are only cleaned before events. Its gross.

He will not get vaccine because he is going to die anyway, wont wear a mask and no one will around him because no one wants him to feel bad. His asst. went to Fla. no mask, anti vaccine, for anything. So that is alot of my mask cleanliness thing.

I try not to be heartless, my opinion, have him do back office. Its the blood and the lack of any type of precaution...Covid or otherwise. Its nasty.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter