Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
CWillie, I LOVE the Rosie the Riveter clip art!
(2)

Isn't there the exact same thread going on elsewhere right now? CPR is brutal. It causes broken bones and all sorts of issues for elders who receive it. I wanted my father to have it until the doctor explained to me, privately, what was actually involved. Then I changed my mind.

You're expecting the impossible right now.....for health care workers to save everyone's life no matter what. Regardless that there aren't enough hospital beds. Or PPEs. Or ventilators. Or human beings present to treat the sick and needy.

In other words, you're asking for a miracle. You can pray for one and hopefully, God will hear your prayer and save ALL of us who won't be able to get the medical care we deserve or expect during this horrible pandemic. Whether we need our heart cared for, or our lungs, or what about premature infants who require special care during this difficult time? Everybody counts equally, and yet everybody will suffer.

While nobody has "the right" to decide who lives or dies, many, many, many thousands of people WILL die over the next X amount of time, whether we like it or not. We can write to our state politicians until we're blue in the face, too, but it's not going to change the unmanageable situation that exists right now. Our politicians are not God's and cannot create hospital beds or supplies or human healthcare workers out of thin air.

And what about THEIR stress levels and anxiety, our poor healthcare staff? Having to care for all of us, without the proper equipment or protective gear for THEMSELVES? While we're carrying on and on about what may or may not happen, THEY are on the front lines laying down THEIR lives for us daily, caring for what HAS happened to tens of thousands of people already. GOD BLESS each one of them and give them the strength to cope.

Try to relax. Call 911 if the need arises, as we all have the option to do, and pray for all of us facing very frightening times all over the world.
(3)

How do you suggest patients brought into the hospital emergency rooms be treated? On a “first come - first served” basis?

Doctors and nurses have been determining and prioritizing the treatment of individuals brought into their emergency rooms since the first day their doors opened for treatment. It is “the nature of the beast”.

Sometimes they get it wrong, but most of the time I expect they get it right. I just know that I would hate to be in their shoes - any day of the week. Least of all now - during this epically tragic time in our worlds history.

I’ll bet the things they see, the choices they may have to make during this time will haunt them for the rest of their lives - even knowing that they did the best that they could at the time - under these circumstances.

Im a big film geek. Movies and TV were the only safe place I had during a very difficult childhood. I tell you that so as to know that what I’m about to say next isn’t meant to be flippant or sarcastic...
It is a quote from a favorite movie:
Star Track, The Wrath of Khan
”The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few - or the one”.
~ Spock

I realize that is of no comfort when “the few” or “the one” is YOUR loved one. And, I am sorry for that. But it doesn’t make the statement any less true.

Please take care.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter