Follow

Her daughter Rachel Stirling wrote the article about her mother's passing and her mother supporting assisted dying. And about her experience with in home care for her mother.
I loved Diane Rigg as an actor. She passed away in Sept 2023
I don't know how to share the link.

Find Care & Housing
And ironically at church today prayers were offered against the "real threat to ending life prematurely, sometimes people pressured or talked into making that choice" and to "thwart the efforts of doctors and practitioners who are killing others with their cocktails". Needless to say I didn't echo the Amen at the end of that.
(3)

‘It’s gone on too long. Push me over the edge’: Diana Rigg’s dying wishes in the grip of cancer | Assisted dying | The Guardian

I think if you copy paste this into the search bar you can access the Guardian Article.
The FEN is a shorter version, same article.

StrugglinSon's link better I do believe.
(1)

I recently read article in current FEN magazine (Final Exit; I am a member and recommend them to you all) about her and her advocacy as she died in trying to get change for right of get MAiD laws into Britain.
She was BRUTALLY HONEST in a letter written to her lawmakers about her own dying days. It was read to them after she passed. She told them that they could have no idea of the brutality of her end. That, in all honesty, she had no longer any control of her bowels at all. That her darling daughter had to attend her in her shower, as they had done many times, to get her cleaned up, as they cried together, and laughed together. That the reducing of a person to this level was torture they should not have to go through when there was no hope any longer of a life.

AMAZING. AMAZING. There and working for humanity to the very end of, what I agree with her, she should not have had to go through. Her daughter will make what she went through COUNT for something.
(4)

It was the very public battles of Sue Rodriguez, who fought all the way to the supreme court for a physician assisted death, that swayed public sympathy and opinion in Canada, proving that one voice can make a difference.
(1)

Thank you, Strugglinson. This Chrome Notebook I use is still a mystery to me, I haven't figured out how to copy/paste yet.
(2)

Thanks for pointing that out. I searched and found the link:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/dec/09/diana-rigg-assisted-dying-rachael-stirling-mother-cancer
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter