Follow

Some are attempting to value and clean out old collectibles and antiques they own, some are helping parents downsize, and some are cleaning out the homes of elders who have passed. Are you all aware of Google Lens? I just learned about it while out junking with my daughter this visit. Aim it at something, snap a shot, and up pops your object, whether a poster, a pot or a necklace with the actual item whether listed on Etsy, Ebay or elsewhere, and its value. This from the internet:

"Google Lens is an app you probably already have on your phone as part of the Google search app. On the Google start screen, there is an icon of cross hairs or a small colorful box. Tap that box to open Google Lens, a handy feature for many reasons but especially for estimating the value of a collectible."

I can do it with my tablet. Moving on up into the 21st century a halting step at a time, here! Unfortunately don't have a smart phone. I am still dumb with my little jitterbug, but this is a great app.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
this is cool information,, thank you!
(1)

I use it all the time for various things. It's very helpful.
(0)

What a fascinating and useful app... thanks for posting!
(1)

Wow, a "big girl phone" that is easier than my little jitterbug???? I can't even imagine such a thing. You give me hope FF.
(2)

AlvaDeer, thanks for the information. When it comes to antiques, which I so love, it's sad that the younger generation rarely have an interest in same.

Yes, moving on up into the 21st century is a halting step at a time. I had a Jitterbug but found too many "bugs" in the software to make it user friendly. The ads on TV make it sound so simple. Couple weeks ago I bought a Motorola "Edge" and found it much simpler to user.... whew !! The guy at the Verizon store found me a very easy to remember telephone number [I am phone number challenged], and set up the phone for me :)
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter