Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Absolutely! Totally sympathize. I became so immersed in my mom's care that just the other day I was thinking that I really never quite figured out when my last period ended and menopause truly kicked in because I was totally focused on her needs! Perimenopause was just like a blip on the radar that I dealt with along the way. :) Best wishes.
(1)

Perimenopause was hell on earth. Glad it is over, felt like an aggressive angry bear for ten years.
(1)

It surely isn’t a recipe for peace! Sure, it can turn into a wild storm!

Guess it depends on the individual. Going through menopause was horrible for me. Some people don’t suffer as much.
(1)

I’m so glad I’m not alone!!! I’ve been dealing with this 4 years now. I thought I was losing my mind till I found I was in Peri. My life has always been pretty stressful and I just dealt with it but I got to the point I was not handling things at all. My anxiety was through the roof. My father with dementia and husband just added to the stress and it brings on my seizures as well and migraines, which now feel pretty much uncontrollable. I’m on pills which have helped the anxiety somewhat but I’m thinking i may need hormones as well. I still can’t believe my father is declining the same time I am. How is a female in perimenopause supposed to caregive? Yet I don’t feel he’s ready for a home. So I try to take one day at a time and most days just pray for a comet 😁
(1)

Hello! I feel so much for you. Someone described it to me as "the life sandwich." You are the meat in the middle, surrounded by life factors on side (e.g. menopause, adult kid challenges, etc.) and an aging parent on the remaining side. It's not a tasty sandwich in the end. I have found that I needed to do a lot of self care. Specifically, order out when I'm too tired to cook, do yoga, keep my interests and hobbies with friends and exercise. If you don't, you'll burn out and be bitter and who wants that?! Be kind to yourself and remember that you are doing the best you can. A wise soul on this forum told me, "What are you trying to do? Get the prize for sainthood?" Harsh words but they really resonated with me and made me think about what I could do within my own power to make my life better. Godspeed my friend. Take good care.
(0)

I would say "caregiving stress" + anything else = a perfect storm!

Seriously, I would say "yes" to your question - heck, my mathematics is "caregiving stress" + POST menopause = a perfect storm (just speaking for myself here).
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter