Follow

The ENDLESS DEMANDS……..
Get me dulcolax
Get me ibuprofen
Call cable and get my TV fixed…..I will give you until Friday!!!!……..MEANWHILE, they fd up the TV pushing wrong buttons!!!
GOT IT FIXED, SHE NEVER TURNS TV ON!!!!!!!!!
I’m up!!!!…….your que to wait on them…..
Are you going to change my sheets today????
WHATS FOR SUPPER??????????

You must recognize…this is the narcissistic parent aging.
The siblings no longer call. It’s all on you.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Why do you put up with his demands? Because he is your dad? Because you have no where else to go? Do you feel an obligation? Are you hoping for his affection? None of these is an excuse on your part for his lack of respect for you. It's time to have a heart to heart with your dad. You are allowing him to behave this way. You need to take a stand. Tell him his attitude is demeaning, and hurtful and is no longer acceptable. Narcissistic people hate criticism so if he gets angry, leave the house. If the situation is too toxic for you, move out.
(0)

Sounds awful! I am so sorry.
(0)

This is true. They do this because they get results. Stop being so helpful. Do things on your terms.
(1)

What I've noticed about my narcissistic mother is that the more power she has (through ordering people around and watching them jump through hoops), the worse she gets. Stop obeying orders and do things on your own terms and time. You're actually the one in charge, and she's the dependent one. Be kind but firm.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter