Follow

Who started Hospice here in Canton IL

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Discuss options for Hospice with the MD, who is the one who has to order the consult.
Know that hospice is much changed with the for profit and investment groups taking it over. Down now to about three baths a week, your bottle of morphine and a social worker and clergy on call by phone with an RN assessment once a week. For that medicare pays a whole ton of money.
If you or a loved one enter hospice be there for the interview. Make clear your wishes. Know that Hospice is END OF LIFE care. That there will be no treatments save those meant as comfort measures, and that there may be the administration of drugs to the extent that they can hasten inevitable death by some minutes, hours or even days. Be clear what the wishes of the person involved are. Be clear that they understand that this is end of life care and there will be no more trips to hospital.
(0)

Unless your loved one is asking to die, stay away from Hospice!
(0)

What exactly is your question about hospice?

There are many different hospice services. Research the ones that you are interested in. Ask others who they recommend.

Hospice is wonderful and will provide comfort care, a social worker and clergy.

Best wishes to you.
(1)

Who knows 'who started hospice in Canton IL'? You'd be better off calling a hospice company IN Canton IL and asking them that question than a forum of caregivers from around the world who chat on an internet forum, in reality.

Hope you find the answer you're looking for.
(2)

We are a forum of people caring for a LO/s in some way. We are international but most of our members are from the US.

There is really no way we can answer that question. I put it in "search" and it lists a few Hospice agencies in that area. In my area, the local Hospital started our Hospice/In Home Services agency.
(1)

Kris, welcome.

I don't understand what your question is; could you clarify, or give us some more specifics about what you're wanting to know?
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter