Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4
victoriak68, Kthin3 is not directing anything at you or trying to offend you. Kthin3 is sharing what is working in her particular situation with her particular father. I want to believe we who participate in this site are loving concerned family members, friends and caregivers not looking to get reprimanded but exchange advice and support. Thanks for sharing Kthin3, my mother often speaks of wanting to try antideppressants, but hasn't made the leap yet. We're working through the mental blocks and the stigma she thinks they have.
(3)

I read the same message as you did victoriak68. No where does kthin3 say they gave the father drugs whether he needed it or not. Your comment victoriak68 says more about the person you are than kthin3. kthin3 goes on further to say the father had issues that weren't previously addressed; so now he has meds he obviously needed before. Thank you for sharing kthin3.
(3)

Oh, excuse me for being offended. High handed suggestions are to be embraced here. mommag. I should just bow and be oh so grateful and ignore you snotty Is that it? kthln3 suggests drugs as a means of dealings with our loved ones regardless of whether they need it or believe in it, not to help them but to make our job easier. That's how she comes across. Excuse me for having the balls to point it out. I've been caring for my mom, who has dementia, for nearly 10 years. She's thrown crap at me and once threatened me with a knife. I've not looked into drugging her. She's happy, I've learned to deal with the difficult and I get results WITHOUT drugs.
(2)

No offense victoriak68, but how it was worded is not the point here. kthin3 is trying to offer a suggestion to help other caregivers and I appreciate that. You should to instead of commenting on the "presentation".
(0)

Absolutely! It makes them feel better and certainly helps the caregivers. God bless you for taking care of your father.
(1)

Thanks for this! My 83 yr.old father isn't combative necessarily just incredibly stubborn when it come to the care he needs now. He never liked doctors and now he sees one once a week sometimes. I'm going to ask about it with his internist. :)
(0)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter