Follow

If I'm doing this discussion thing wrong please someone let me know. It feels like I shouldn't start a new discussion to announce the great new things happening. That said the new CNA is an angel! Mom even likes her. She's the first one to really take the time and go step by step to show me correct way to clean mom and put on her diaper. I had been using pull ups because she tells me when she has to go to the bathroom and I couldn't figure out how to put the other kind on correctly. Most of the nurses and CNAs at the nursing home made me wait outside even when I brought it to their attention that I was the one doing it when mom was home. They said it was company policy. Bull. I insisted eventually that they let me observe and got permission from Charge nurse. But they just did it really quick without talking and when mom got home I kept ripping off one side of the tabs and I couldn't get them in the right place to save my life. Well this new lady went through step by step. She showed me where to position them so the tabs didn't end up coming accross her boobs and that I needed to tuck the middle part in the crease in her upper leg to cut down on leaks. She showed me how to apply the cream and to make sure I didn't get any on her nether lips LMAO sorry I just realized I first heard that term reading a romance novel when I was in jail. Anyway. This is a different care Co than she had the first time and so far they've been 100% better. Her physical therapist is coming today with the new CNA and the social worker from this company. The RN has already gotten the approval from medical for mom's incontinent supplies. Pads, diapers. The first company said they couldn't get them approved even with her Drs diagnosis of incontinence. They said they needed him to put down why she was incontinent. Those things aren't cheap and she had to pay cash for them for almost a year! I had to get the Walmart store brand but changing her 4 times a day was still incredibly expensive. So I'm feeling so much better about things this time around. They all know about my APS issues and the RN gave me the tip (even though mom can't use the phone anymore) to write my number in really big letters on a piece of paper and put it on the wall where she could see it. I also put her address what year it was and who the president is (last time someone asked she told them Jimmy Carter lol). So the APS guy came over and was impressed with my idea. They won't send the woman anymore I hope she got fired. I wish everyone as good a day and better. Thanks for being here!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I'm glad you got some help, we have CNA coming for first time today for mom
(0)

So nice to hear good news, thanks for sharing! Very glad you have found a great worker for your LO. Keep us posted😳.
(1)

Way to go Sparky!!
(3)

Sparky; I'm so glad that everything is going so well! Happy for you!
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter