Mom has been the hospital for the past week with another GI bleed. This time she went to a different hospital - the one closest to us, that is not her preferred hospital, because it doesn't have doctors. This turns out to have been a good thing. The last time she went in, they didn't do a colonoscopy, Big mistake. They just assumed it was the same old thing - diverticulitis - and waited for the bleed to stop, giving her blood as needed.
This time, they scoped her and found a mass. One that's been growing awhile. They biopsied it, but the results won't be back until at least Monday. Today they're going to do a cat scan, I guess to see what else it might have infiltrated.
Her hemoglobin is down to 9.3, she is having trouble remembering, and now she wants to come home and talk to her doctor before proceeding with surgery! She couldn't even reach her doctor until Monday, and wait times to get in are typically 2-3 weeks. The other hospital is the one that dropped the ball, and is also the one that is responsible for my father's death (long story, but we could have filed a malpractice suit, but chose not to). They are, however, much nicer as far as accommodations - the rich people/tourists go there and like to be in nice surroundings. She would have the same surgeon at either hospital. Her surroundings would change, and there would be a delay getting her treatment if she checks out. If she stays, they can do it immediately. Any suggestions on how to get her to see reason?