Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
When I was desperately trying to figure out what was happening to my mother a decade ago Google brought me to AgingCare and I've been here ever since, because only a place with real people and real experience can give you the kind of answers and support you need.
(17)

I agree.
(5)

Were you on a site that dealt with people who have Dementia? And they suggested THAT? Then it is them talking with Clifford the Dog I suspect. Lordy!
As to full time caregiving, I have utterly no idea how anyone undertakes to do this. I have often said that I have always known my shortcomings and my limitations to preclude ever attempting this kind of caregiving. I think if you have been here some time you have seen that one of the most common threads involves people who are losing it in response to their elders who have already lost it. It is so dreadful to lose those we love, and have their bodies going on while their minds so little resemble who they once were.
You have indicated in your post that your Mom's outbursts are not all that unusual so I will spare you our usual "check the urine for UTI" speel; but especially with the catheter, which keeps things so open to infection, it can become a bit chronic in these cases.
I wonder if you have begun to think of the time that may (or may not) be coming that you cannot do this 24/7 care?
I am so very sorry for all you are going through. I wish you the best. I always say that, and when I think on your situation I know that the best just "ain't gonna happen". I am honestly so sorry.
(12)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter