a 75 year old lady with no family and limited social security has to move out of her house and needs care ecause she has limited vision vision and can't drive or fix her own food. Where can she go for help?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing

There are two great articles written by editor’s that were already posted in our community. We thought this might answer your caregiving question.

“10 Government Programs You Can Access for Your Elderly Parents.”


“How Can I Get Paid for taking Care of My Elderly Parents?”

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you need anything else and we look forward to seeing more questions and discussions from you.

You might ask a home health agency if they know if there is any coverage that is covered by medicare and medicaid. There is also the council on aging. They send my mother in law someone to clean house and do some wash once a week and it is free for low income people. I live in Florida so I don't know if that is everywhere or just here. We also get meals on wheels which is sometimes great and sometimes not but at least she know a meal is coming. I hope this helps.

Right here on this sight is "Find Housing and Care" in a blue box on the left of the page, type in you zip or city and you will find some answers.

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter