Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
3 4 5 6 7
I'm not sure if this is the right thread but no topic seemed right and this is an admin post so.... I was wondering why I have info on my profile saying that I take care of someone with dementia and I live at home? I never wrote that, do they have some algorithm from my posts and auto fill?
(0)

Gershun, same problem with my sig other interrupting.... really irritates me as it makes me feel like what I have to say isn't important :( It would be different if I was a chatter box, but I am not. My Mom use to do the same thing back when I was growing up.

I will clam up and not say anything more... when he realizes this he will ask what was I saying to which I now answer "never mind, I lost my train of thought".
(1)

Yeah, sad thing is now I'm so used to talking real fast so I can get all my words out before I get interrupted that now I interrupt other people when they are talking. A whistle ..............hmmmm, interesting idea.
(2)

Gershun, I think that feature already exists-it happened to me just the other day, I lost my post just as you posted. Lol. Really! But I did not mind- totally forgot what I wanted to say, and went to eat lunch.
I was given a bright red fox pea whistle and use it whenever I need to shut someone up. Rude, isn't it? Works great! Lol. Use it sparingly.
(3)

Or perhaps a feature that would interrupt another's post with our post when they are halfway through typing it. Then it would be just like life on here. My hubbs interrupts me so much I can't remember the last time I got a full sentence out of my mouth without being interrupted.
(6)

We could have a website feature that can just Delete anyone else's post too, in case we are in a bad mood that day. Lol.
This is just a joke.
(3)

Reading another thread, an excellent feature would be to have the ability to block people!
(2)

Lucky, the search box is under the drop down navigation menu. The three bars that you see on the left top.
(0)

Also in case someone already brought this up I apologize. I'm too lazy to read all the posts but it would be nice if we could choose our own hug pictures.
(2)

Where is the search bar?I miss looking for certain things....
(0)

Ads are a reality on most sites now, you just have to learn to not see them, kind of like the annoying commercial breaks on TV. I don't think the ads would be quite so bothersome if the articles were not in a long column style format, I'm still hopeful changes are coming that will make the articles and comments to them easier to read.
(2)

Contributing here:
The website techs do not, imo, and however well-intended-get credit for a new website design if all they have done is put nav bars and log-out at the bottom, flipping the design upside down, making navigating the site inaccessible, and frustrating to us, the caregivers.
Perhaps the poor techs have bent over backwards to comply with the AC admins ideas, which may be great for another website, but this website with it's forum is special and unique, requires simplicity, imo.

When this happened to my husband-he was coding-he designed a whole new website offline-and separate from the website as was posted. Then, upon approval by the customer, when the website went South, he just uploaded his new website with very few tweaks. Just a suggestion. It also may take added time to achieve cross-browser compatability.
Next, just for fun, your client will have you design a "click-on this button" to show the entire website in Spanish, or in many languages! Ha ha ha, Lol
(0)

AgingCare, So, maybe less advertisements within the articles, maybe? Had the same experience as FF, thinking that was the end of the article, but it did not make any sense that it was ended.
Turns out, beyond the jumping around Ad, was the rest of the article.

This happens on fb links to sites with ads interupting the text.
My response is to never go to those websites again, even if I have an interest in the topic.

(1)

Aging Care, for the Articles written by the regular bloggers, could you put their photos at the top of the article instead of at the bottom. There are times when I see the author's name but it doesn't ring a bell, but the photo does :)

Also, I will be reading a new article and I think the article is done because I come across an advertisement... so I close up that article. Then later on when I re-read the article I found I had missed 1/2 of the article because of the advertisement placement.... lot of scrolling to get to the rest of the article :(
(2)

For every website my dH helped build and code, the navigation bars were what made it just that much nicer. There was nothing wrong with AC nav bars, I really liked them, bold, larger font, couldn't miss them, very attractive! Being blunt here,
but now to compare, nav bars are like chicken scratch. Imo.

So, while you are at it, tweaking the site, new hugs would be great! How about something funny, as if you were going over to a friend, leave a hug showing a person or animal pulling their hair out.
(5)

Oh, I see, Glad, that feature must be on your wish list, not available yet.

Suggestion: If an edit feature is not going to be available, try a box to delete our own posts just after we have embarrassed ourselves.
(4)

So when I type, I space out my comments into readable paragraphs. This used to work but Now - everything is mushed into one pile and it makes it hard to read.

Did you folks (editors and web people) read the article about vision changes in people with dementia? Perhaps think about that when making changes. Sure many care givers are not suffering from dementia, but the stress and exhaustion of caregiving makes visual changes a reality for many of us. Why not let individuals select the font that works for them on their computer or technology they use? (sites like medicare.gov let you select the size that works for you!)

I miss an easy way to get to the discussions and forums. I have to search so much I lose the time I would have spent reading, venting, and sharing.
(1)

Oh yeah, Glad? How to discover that feature? Where/how is that, and were they going to tell us?

Aging Care gurus, Can you please fix the jumping around pages, at least long enough to scroll to the bottom AND LOG OUT! Clicked on the three bars, log out is just beyond my reach, see half of it showing....way down there, at the bottom.
So I cannot use it.
(0)

Ahh, the ability to tag other posters if there is something I read that may be helpful to another. Very nice feature!
(0)

Edit would be nice.
It seems harder to find discussions but I am sure I will adjust. My brain power is limited these days so hopefully, things won't be too hard to learn.
(0)

Still having problems when clicking on a discussion 'link'... Sometimes, the page will redirect to a 'normal' desktop small print look, but most other times will revert back to a large font-looking page (which takes up the whole screen and is difficult to scroll and navigate)... Ugh...
(1)

Cwillie... Yesterday, I kept getting thrown out of login and the pages kept going back and forth from small print to large print... Seems to be a little better today... I'll see how it goes... (Cache/history is ok)... Thank you...
(0)

Heart, I use a PC and haven't encountered any significant changes and they do seem to be slowly correcting some of the issues mentioned here. The oversize font thing is annoying but they have said they are working on that too. I'm not sure why you are having trouble with the log in, I haven't had that. Maybe you need to clear your cache and history??
(2)

What a mess! I am on a tablet. Things are so messed up and almost too difficult to explain.... Front too big at times... Too hard to get to the new discussions... Getting thrown out of login... too difficult to even type in this comment box! I know how to navigate, and have tried all the options to get the desktop but there are few choices and you can not get to the desktop or discussion (I am almost ready to give up... And, it adds more stress to the caregiver... Why did it change, as it worked so well before)? It even throws you out and you have to resign in frequently). As for getting back to the discussion, it is nearly i possible to get to the end of the discussion without going through each 'page' from the start (which is not desktop and is In larger print script)... Ugh!... When I get an email notice of an added discussion, I get the 'large new' formate... After trying for days, these changes are making it almost impossible to use this site... Very discouraging!
(1)

Things seem to be a bit better. The Search box is now at the top of the menu when the three lines to the far left at the top are clicked (although I still think it should be on visible on the mainpage). There is now a "Last" page button on Comments after articles (although I still think the typeface is too big).
(3)

Just as long as you don't use the endless scrolling on some sites!
And I do agree with editing responses, too.
(1)

Having font issues and I stopped reading comments on articles. Its just too hard to navigate now. I am not sure why you had to fix something that wasn't broken .
(3)

Yes, very frustrating! Older AC articles you cannot go to the end to read the newest posts! What will result is readers not reading these articles and will not comment. We are very busy people.

One thing to remind yourselves, AC, and the website developer is that the large majority of us are getting older ourselves, over 60, many in 50's a few in 40's and younger. Some even over 70. We are not hand held device users many of us. We have no idea, while it is common practice to use the three bars, what it is for. If we have hand held devices many don't know how to begin a new paragraph on them. So there are rambling posts that people do not read because of length.

And a quarantine button for those weekend posts that advertise or look for us to buy into a scam. Or a weekend and overnight admin person to watch for those sorts of new posts and the ones that post to every thread that they can find.
(5)

Oh and serious hands up for the edit box and an option to delete my own posts when I have gone into a rant once too often
And it would be good to report the original comment when we have the advertisers and trolls in rather than have to comment and then report that
(4)

The trouble is research has shown that we use an F pattern when we scan a screen tending first to scan the longest section on the left which in this particular post would be the comments then when we seek anything else we go to the right NOT to the left so the 3 bars will be missed by most people. HOWEVER if you look at almost any page anywhere search is on the top and either large enough to be easily seen or a different colour or in a bar of its own - think Facebook because lets face it they do have it right when it comes to page management (whether you like FB or not)But far and away before any of that you must have a button that is immediately visible so that we can find the changes and where to jolly well look for them so perhaps one that say CHANGES or GUIDE would be useful during these times of change?
(2)

3 4 5 6 7
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter