Follow

In the coming months, we will be updating a number of aspects of AgingCare.com in order to improve the usability of the site for you, our members. The two most significant pending changes are a new navigation bar along the top of the site and an improved layout for our articles. These will be applied towards the end of July/beginning of August.

It will take a bit of getting used to, but it is our hope that this simplified navigation will help members and newcomers alike locate the information they are looking for. All of our articles, questions, answers, discussions, etc. are still live and intact, but they will be organized a bit differently moving forward.

For your reference, we have provided a quick guide to using the new navigation below. (NOTE: These details may not make complete sense until we publish the updates and you see them.)

-The Caregiver Forum (Support Groups and Discussions) can be found under “Ask a Question.”

-You can find information on all types of Senior Living under “Find Care.”

-To access content that was previously filed under Caregiver Support (Caregiver Burnout, Emotional Wellbeing, Tough Issues, etc.), click on “Caregiving.”

-Content that was previously filed under Elder Care (Daily Care, Health Conditions, End of Life and Hospice, etc.) can be found under “Healthy Aging.”

-The Money and Legal Section is located in a drop-down menu that appears when you click on the three lines next to our logo on the far left of the blue navigation bar.

-The search box can also be located in the drop-down menu.

To ensure you are logged into your account, look for your avatar in the top right of the navigation bar. (If you are not logged in, you will see the “LOGIN” link in that spot instead.) Once you are logged in, you can access your account information, news feed and public profile by either clicking on your avatar or using any of the “Membership” links in the drop-down menu described above. You can log out by using the link in the drop-down as well.

Improvements to our articles include larger, easier-to-read text, clearer formatting, and an accessible “share bar.”

As always, when it comes to upgrading or trying something new, there are bound to be a few kinks that will pop up and need to be ironed out. We sincerely appreciate your patience while we work through this process to make AgingCare as user-friendly and informative as possible. The entire AgingCare team has been working hard on these changes, and we are excited to finally share them with you!

We appreciate your feedback and will be actively monitoring this thread. If you have any questions or concerns about these updates, please feel free to post them below. Thank you!

-AgingCareEditor

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
OK, it posted, but I never clicked post... or did I?
(1)

Ahhhh!!! I lost a post when the page re set randomly. I hope this new update gets fixed ASAP :(
(1)

OMG, I sure hope they get the bugs ironed out of these latest updates. It has taken me over 10 minutes to get to this page to make a comment.
And I DON'T like that I have to navigate through multiple pages to get to my news feed instead of seeing it when I log in, although I suppose having to wait for each page to load makes it seem much more annoying than it may be when things are running more smoothly.
(1)

A few weeks ago I had a problem with the screen acting like a jumping bean, but now it has settled down.

cwillie, yes, it does take a bit of time for a page to fully load... usually it is a advertisement with a long running script [whatever that means]. But the time isn't as bad as it was in the past.
(1)

The site has been buggy the last two days, pages taking forever or failing to load at all.... what's up??
(0)

I just realized (when I went to edit ) 'About Me' in my Profile is gone... I don't feel like retyping it all in again. Ugh!
(0)

I know that I've drastically decreased doing search since it was put in it's new location. This is especially annoying when you have to keep opening new threads trying to find the answer. Backspacing repeatedly to get back to original listings gets irritating. I abandon research.
(2)

And I agree, there is plenty of space for the search box to be included on the blue banner. Frankly the drop down menu has nothing else in it that can't be found elsewhere on the page except the log out. And it only opens from the main pages, not inside a thread so it makes it annoying to search for older posts and provide links to help new posters.
(2)

I think microsoft has abandoned updates for IE, they have a new browser now called Edge that got installed on my computer along with windows 10.
Hmm, it's a puzzle (and annoying too I'm sure), I'm not getting the bounce effect any more on firefox even in full screen.
(0)

I keep Firefox updated, but rarely see any updates for IE. I use Firefox for the Aging Care website.

On another subject, I'd be curious if Aging Care saw a large decrease in the number of users who use the "Search box" since they made this change.
(1)

Do you keep your browser updated FF?
(0)

Ugh, the computer at the office and at home both have the "jumping bean" effect. So it's not my computers. One computer is hard wired network, and the other is on WiFi, both use a different cable company network. Yes, I have emptied the waste basket and pulled the plug on each.
(0)

What three white lines....???...Oh.
(2)

FF, the clicking the banner ad mistakenly is by design. I see it all over the internet, by slowing the speed and adding more ads, they take longer to load so there is often misclicks. I am sure it is intentional. Try to be patient until the page has loaded completely.
(3)

Ugh, now if I am not quick enough, I wind up clicking on the banner ad instead of "Ask a Question" when I try to click on "Ask a Question" due to the jumping bean effect.... hate it when that happens :P
(0)

We used to have a clearly marked "search" box in the upper right hand corner and I used and referred to it a lot. I wish this site would raise awareness about the myriad categories of topics already under discussion and encourage people to search for keywords associated with their concerns or questions before asking a question that has been asked dozens of times and answered hundreds of times. In my opinion, there is a lot of wasted space on the homepage.
(3)

This website is the first website that I have ever seen the 3 lines, and I do a lot of regular research on many websites for my work. Those website all still have a clearly marked "search" box.
(1)

I agree, cwillie, but don't think it's so much a generational thing as unfamiliarity with computers. I'm 71 and know these things b/c I was a tech writer AND have been around computers since the '80s. Others, not so much. My DD (an actor) lets her hubs do everything that has to do with ANYTHING technological -- iPhone, laptop, TV ... and he can, not so much b/c he's a techie (he is, in fact, also an actor), but b/c he's not afraid of doing anything wrong. Even I haven't overcome that fear!
(1)

I think the three line menu icon is common to may websites FF, but I doubt most of the people who come here searching for answers are of the generation who would know that.
(1)

I think Churchmouse has solved the problem with all the one-liners we've been seeing lately in the ASK A QUESTION section.... some new readers are thinking it is a search box.

Wish the website would bring out of hiding the "search box" to cut back on those one-liners where questions aren't usually asked. Like how many of us knew from the get go to click on those 3 white lines? I sure didn't.
(1)

Oops, never mind.... what I wrote above about the top banner ad disappearing once one starts to scroll through the answers, well it didn't work on my desk top with Firefox at home. But did at work. Guess it depends on the year of the tower and the software???
(0)

I see the top banner ad now disappears when one starts to scroll through the answers. I don't know if this works on all devices. I am using a desk top with Firefox here at work.
(0)

Thanks for the info, glad. I cc'd it into an email and sent it to myself.
(0)

Oh! I just did too! Yay! (I have a laptop, running Firefox,)
(0)

Thanks! Just saw this!
(0)

If one is using a desk top computer and using Firefox, at the bottom of the comment box in the right corner you will see a bunch of real tiny dots. Take your Mouse and go over it, now you will see a double arrow... now pull that arrow down. You can fill the whole screen with the "comment box".

Don't go out of your lane by drifting to the right, that could mess up the arrow/box thing.

Then I shorten the box to the last line that I wrote.
(0)

I REALLY HATE this moving banner, top of the page! If I dare want to scroll it goes with me, I cannot see what is above or below it. And forget about being able to see what you are typing if you want to scroll! Type by memory I guess will cause so much frustration and typos the number of entries will surely decline. AND no edit function to make any correction if we can even find the place again!

Will have to try the work around mentioned, but certainly do not want to scroll there. Finish my entry, then look. UFFDA!
(1)

To upload a picture to your profile as your avatar. Click the box on the top right labeled Edit Account, select it. From the options that come up select Edit Profile. At the bottom of the Edit Profile page you will see all of the AC selections for Avatars. Right above that is a box labeled Profile Image with your selected avatar. To the right of that box is a button labeled Upload Image, Click it then navigate to the location on your computer where the picture is stored. Click that picture. After clicking you will be taken back to the AC upload box. Click upload. Be patient, it does not upload instantaneously. When your new avatar shows in the Profile box, scroll down until you see the Save button. Click it. Voila! Your own personally selected avatar!

To get most any internet digital image off the internet into your computer, right click the image. An option to Save or Download will appear, click either, navigate to where you want to save it on your computer. Soon you will have an entire library of images, just like Send does.
(1)

ff: Say it ain't so! I don't have an avatar pic b/c I don't know how to load one. I'm not a drive-by poster, and this site means so much to me!
(2)

Got a working solution now. Following CW's instructions, I've minimized the screen width wise and closed other windows so I can see my lovely desktop photo. Taken at Villandry Chateau, this particular photo is of lovely ripe pumpkins in formal beds. It's one of my favorite photos, and now I can see it while I'm typing.
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter