Follow

I tried everything within my power to keep him safe, to assist with whatever was needed, securing anything where he could hurt himself, and I believe I have tried and tried. I know his condition will get worse, and it is, but I kept trying and it has been stressful. Did I say stressful! Its been so bad on me until I wasn't getting any rest or peace. Each time I go to church, I cry and cry and cry. I have decided to stop trying so hard!! After much reading and studying the Bible, I now know that God gives the rest that I need going forward. My Peace is now coming from God! Philippians 4:4-9 has truly helped me to find the peace that I need. I am beginning to follow the word of God and I am feeling much better. I have also been reading a book entitled " The 36-Hour Day" by Nancy L. Mace and Peter V. Rabins, which has also helped very much. Today, I feel much better and I am not feeling so stressful. I know the road ahead of me will still bring situations but I think I will be able to handle it better now. I wanted to share this information to help others!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
God is good all the time. I am so happy that you are finding peace in His words.

Hugs!
(0)

Thank you very much for your comments!
(0)

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. You are right that there are some moments that are so difficult. You having your faith allows you great solace and comfort of it, and I am happy for you. I am an atheist, and I accept my thoughts and feelings as sort of weather fronts that come in, are either more or less troublesome and last either longer or shorter amounts of time before there is a "weather change". If I am particularly depressed, I allow myself to sink down on the bed in a fetal position and just be there with my feelings, knowing somewhere in back of my mind that it won't stay that bad. If I don't fight the feelings they lift and sunnier weather comes back when I can remember the beauty of our world. It is great to see people share books, feelings, thoughts that can help others, maybe just be a niggling thought in the backs of their minds. Despite my atheism I love churches and have walked in to more than a few. Despite my atheism when I have needed a mantra to go to to repeat in my head to keep madness abey it is the psalms that I think we all know from hearing them our entire lives, that enter my head. I appreciate you posting your thoughts.
(0)

Thank you
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter