Follow

I am considering bringing my elderly mother to live with me and my family but the thought scares me silly. She is a difficult woman, very critical, says things that hurt my feelings, wants to be the centre of attention all the time. She is outspoken and we often simply do not get along. I am not yet able to let things go and she really gets my temper going. She is also lovely and funny and kind too. She is getting old and therefore forgetful so I am getting worried that she will get into harm but the thought of having this difficult person live with us full time is daunting. Any experienced advice out there? Many thanks and for all of you who are caring for your elderly family memebers, I have only full admiration for you...

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Where is she living now? Why do you want her to come live with you? Personally, I don't think I could do it. Would you have any help from any siblings? Would she be able to go to an adult day care center a couple of days a week, or have a sibling take her on the weekends?
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter