Follow
Read More
1 2 3 4
Thanks all. Prayers work, I know and hugs too! 😁

Just heard from R and his breathing difficulties are bronchitis, no doubt due to the smoke. He is starting to feel better. He said it was bad when he was driving to his appointments - a 4 hr. drive. He is on antibiotics. This is unusual as he hasn't had bronchitis since I have known him.

In addition, his knee is too unstable for a successful outcome so they are setting him up with physio to strengthen the muscles. I suspect his inactivity post prostate surgery is part of the cause of that.

Both things are fixable but will take time. Needless to say he is very frustrated. I am so relieved that it is bronchitis and not allergies/asthma.

God has a plan.

Frankly I am thankful the knee surgery is put off a bit. I think it is much too soon after his prostate surgery to have another surgery. It's a complicated one as they will have to replace his knee and realign the bones in his lower leg which have bowed out due to his knee issues - rods or something.

Once again we have a delay in getting the condo ready. I have a guy who will go in and finish the work now, and R is stuck in Grande Prairie for the next while - hopefully only a few days. And so it goes...
(3)

Sending prayers your way with the upcoming knee surgery and move situation you're facing, dear Golden. Big hugs too.
(4)

Golden, May The Lord touch R and heal his breathing problems and touch ALL the medical personnel involved in his care, may HE give you both strength and peace for what is going on and may HE make the rest of the move trouble free. In the precious name of Jesus amen and amen.
(4)

Thanks send. If the condo isn't ready and I am not moved down he has an uncle he can stay with who can care for him. I feel it is too soon for the surgery but it is not scheduled yet. He has to go through more preop stuff including clearance from his dentist - again. So hopefully that will give him and us a little more time. His breathing issues have not been diagnosed yet as far as I know so not sure what treatment would be. I believe it would be have to be dealt with before he is allowed surgery.

I appreciate the prayers.
(3)

Golden,
You got it!
More prayers for both you and R.
He will need a bit of help once at home from knee surgery-much more than can be planned ahead for. I agree with you, it's too soon for surgery, and maybe should be re-scheduled. After all that you both have been through, even a few weeks could find things improved enough. Can he get a breathing treatment?

Anyway, just here for the prayers! I never had knee surgery.
(3)

1 2 3 4
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter