What act of human kindness would you do if you came into a vast amount of money?

Follow

I know we all talk about cars and holidays and all things wonderful but if i came into a vast amount of money - you know silly money the sort I am never going to have I would set up home for elderly people so they could have proper care and with a wing on the side for people who want to be carers but don't know how.
An extra wing for those whose carers need respite. Nothing massive but something that would make a huge difference to a poor community. Something that has light and air and garden space and is more like a hotel than a dump with options for independent living with care built on.

SO if you happen to know any benefactors out there who want to support a community project - I am definitely your gal.

Tell me what would you do?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3
Yukon? Wow! That must have been a fascinating trip.

You would enjoy Mackinac Island. There are no cars allowed, just bikes and horses. It's such a respite not to hear the revving of motors or to be tailgated - horses seem to have more sense than some drivers and just trot along at a leisurely pace. They don't message their relatives or play with SmartPhones, they don't tailgate or make rude gestures, they don't cut in front of other horses.

I haven't been there in years but there's a lovely forest you'd enjoy - the fragrance of evergreens is dominant throughout.
(1)

Company - of course!!! That would be fun. I do want to take one last trip to the lake, but in some ways any lake that is beautiful, unspoiled and tranquil brings back the memories. We stayed in a cabin on Watson Lake in the Yukon a few summers ago, It did it for me. I have heard that the wild parts of Michigan are lovely. Nature heals,
(1)

Would you like some company the next time you go there???

It reminds me of the Houghton Lake area in Michigan - I haven't been there for years but it's bucolic, rustic, soothing... a real foresty getaway. Hopefully it hasn't changed over the years but I wouldn't be surprised to find a fast food row somewhere in the area.

Your dream sounds so soothing.
(1)

thx garden. It is a conglomerate of my grandfathers cabin in the bush by a lake, which was the place where the family was the most relaxed and mother's rants less frequent and/or we could escape to the woods or the lake when she went of, and various places I have been since and the dream of many years to set up a retreat for tired and hurting people. Ex and I had a vision to do this as he was coming into some money, but he gambled and drank and ... it away. I guess I still have the dream.
(1)

Emjo, your comment is so descriptive that I can visually it in my mind. I think tonight I'll take a mental stroll through your respite area.
(1)

a retreat for all who are tired from... life...

it would be near water with lots of trees around, wild life, especially birds so you could hear them singing...

kind of a rustic atmosphere but with hot tubs and as jude said comfy beds and crisp sheets . and good food and places to prepare your own if you wanted to

art/photography classes, raised beds to do a little gardening of you wanted to, old movies available, boats and canoes for the lake,
(1)

crisp not crips^
(0)

oh and comfy beds with crips sheets and no noise to wake us
(0)

I think I might just spend my first few hundred thousands on giving you all a well deserved holiday - your choice mountain lakes woodland beach but wherever you are you will have access to a masseur/se every day and a facial for the ladies and shave and facial for the men to ease the stresses and strains of the last fe years away. In the evenings we all get to sit in our pjs and Skype to each other all the positives of the day - wouldn't that be just grand
(0)

Patron Saint of lost causes you know Lu!!!!
(0)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions