Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
2 3 4 5 6
IHHASID - I haven't had any sleep in days. or
I haven't had any soup in days.

Sorry about the last post Veronica, I got SH (slap happy) about PC
(0)

Is that you Veronica?
(0)

i think you are headed to the PC (padded cell)
(2)

I don't know if I'm at the FF or the LB. (just to be clear 'funny farm or loony bin')
(3)

Okay Shilo8, I take yours "Geriatric Outrageous Alien Toddler". LOL Maybe someday I will be join GOAT... who knows....
(3)

Apostrophe Protection Society.... who knew !!!! I am dying here.... Oh Thank you all so much.... I check this thread every day.... this is one of the best threads on here !!!!!

thanks LadeeC for enlightening us !!! Oh, I can't see for laughing so hard... !!!!!
(1)

Glad and the rest of you - thank you for setting me staight, I think.
Now I know GOAT doesn't stand for Geriatric Outragous Alien Toddler.
(5)

Well, that's a first. I came up with an abbreviation but didn't post it for fear of offending someone or causing an uproar. LOL

I'll just say that religion and politics are something I try to stay away from on forums like this. Unfortunately, not everyone feels that way. I get just a wee bit touchy when someone keeps shoving their religion in my face. I have my own, thanks.
(2)

There's an Apostrophe Protection Society? Oh wow, fantastic! At last, an organisation my mother would agree with the virtue of...
(1)

Uhhuh!

And, BTW, did we forget BRB, ASAP, SYL, TTFN, BIAB ... oh, and my new favorite, IKR?

I think the OP just missed it: APS comes up #9 in a list of 209 at freedictionary dot com .. I mean, I nearly missed it (and cheated by using an active page search with 'adult' as a keyword, already knowing the acronym). I like some of the alternatives:

Adobe Photoshop ........ (if only it were that fun!)
Amount Per Serving ........ (hmmm ... remotely possible, here)
Active-Pixel Sensor ......... (if only it were that funny)
American Peptide Society ........ (did someone mention Pepsi?)
Aboriginal Peoples Survey ........ (maybe our elders could be... right?)
Auto-Pilot System ........ (if only)
Ammonium Persulphate ......... (do I really wanna know?)
Apostrophe Protection Society ...... (the what???)
Automated Patent System

... wait .. isn't that really Automated Patient System?
(1)

LadeeC, interesting! GOAT, go away troll, and in the context of how it was originally used? Why would OP capitalize it? Because it is actually an acronym for something else? Maybe we have identified a troll and so they will not be back. My practice in the future when responding to questions of this sort may be something along the lines of

I don't know how to respond, your question really has my GOAT.
(2)

I like to make up some nonsense meaning for the annoying abbreviation and run with it.
Example:
I am sorry your Adjustable Posterior Sack (APS) is giving you problems. Maybe you should take it off before you sit down.

Even slow learners get the idea pretty quickly.
Thanks for the post. I thought there was an acronym dictionary here I had not seen.
(1)

Veronica I know cataract operations are a bit hit-and-miss, but fingers crossed we're getting a good result from the first one just over three weeks ago - nothing miraculous, but it's gone smoothly and she's reading subtitles on tv better. Oops way off topic..!
(1)

One of the acronym sites suggests these for GOAT:

Greatest of All Time (LL Cool J music album)
Galveston Orientation and Amnesia Test
Get Our Act Together
Government of All the Talents (Gordon Brown's first administration)
God of All Things
Gone On A Trip
Go Away Troll
Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test (gaming)
Gene Ontology Annotation Tool
Goes Over All Terrain (vehicle)
Glossary of Acronyms and Terms
Gap/Overlap Analysis Tool
Grouped Optimal Aggregation Technique
Guru Of All Trades

Pick one *laughs*
(3)

I had to laugh when I considered how to explain PITA ..

PITA = Pain in the A**
(where * = 's')

LOL .. having to explain the explanation.

And, speaking of LOL .. way back in the olden days of the early internet, I thought it meant "Lots of Love" .. and so rarely made sense, in context and was too embarrassed to ask!
(3)

I'm slooooow learner WHAT'S that mean GOAT? You mean goat? or I should KMS... Keep Mouth Shot....I mean my mouth....
(2)

CM Now i know it's a mouse. I wish they'd do my d*mn cateracts, well really i wish i did not have them.
Just a thought all those kids can't learn a foreign language or even English in school but they can text. there is something wrong with this picture. DUTY. just made that up
(2)

Love this thread! You broads crack me up!
(3)

ISMRBAABRN - (I'd So much Rather Be At A Barbeque Right Now)......meh.
(5)

I suppose, thinking about the sheer waste of time and mental space spent on deciphering these bloody things when all we really want to know is what's wrong with our loved one, that it would be sensible to ask AC to provide a directory or glossary. If I can work out how, I'll ask.
(1)

OCD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Very common in Alzheimer's, but just part of the disease is not the actual disorder unless exhibited before onset of dementia
(1)

TO too old for TTOM
(3)

You guys have no idea how much I needed a laugh this am. Thank you God for all these wonderful people who seem to have kept a sense of humor thru the most horrifying time of their lives. WBRA and MUPE are two of my faves so you know where Im at. Thank you all.. gonna keep reading
(1)

GOAT
Greedy Outsiders Always Trouble
(6)

Alice is safe and well and continuing to harass the dog - it was just the illogicality was getting to me - I did think of changing my name to countrychicken instead but I'm not quite that nuts (yet).
(3)

I like the little mouse on the wheat shaft.
(1)

VIRONICA-ROTFL!! this is about abbreviations...not Whats for dinner!. Sorry CM...Alice is safe with me......
(1)

Glad~That is classic....I was thinking Getting Over Another Tantrum....yours is best!
(4)

WTFIWWP?

Wh
(0)

GOAT
Geriatric Obnoxious, Angry, toad
(6)

2 3 4 5 6
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter