Follow

Dear God,

This is hard. You know this is hard. I love my mother and I am committed to her care. And at the same time this is one of the hardest things I have ever done and faced.

I need Your help and guidance, God, because I am at a place where my own powers and capacities and decisions are not enough.

This hurts — more than I ever know was possible. The struggle between taking care of my needs and being present for her needs feels like it is breaking me apart.

I often wake up tired and depressed and feeling trapped. I know that I am not trapped, because my freedom is not based on anything outside of me.

I am taking every action I know how to take, and still feel lost.

So I turn to You, because I can no longer depend on my own thinking and power alone.

I know and trust, God, that You are the source of all wisdom and Your Light, Love and Grace alone can bring me peace, comfort, harmony and even joy in the midst of this.

I don’t know what to do next. I feel lost and alone. I am confused and uncertain. I am afraid I don’t have what it takes to continue this struggle.

But I also know, in my moments of clarity and wisdom, that I can do all things through Your power. I know that You are my strength and security. I know that Your guidance and grace can heal every wound, transform every trauma, and turn this stress into a greater blessing than I could ever imagine.

So I give this all to You, God.

I surrender everything to You — my life, my thinking, my feeling, my heart, my soul, my all.

I ann trusting in Your promises, God.

I am trusting in Your power.

I am trusting in Your presence.

And I thank You, God.

Thank You for giving me life.

Thank You for giving me this opportunity to learn more about love.

Thank You for guiding every step of this journey, even when I have felt lost and alone.

Thank You for my mother, who even in the face of dealing with her frailty and difficulties, I appreciate because she brought me into this world and did the best she knew how.

Please help me, God.

I surrender it all to You.

Thy will be done.

Thank You, God.

Amen.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
(HUG)
In Jesus name, Amen.
(0)

Thank you all for your kind comments. I have been experiencing moments of lightness and joy and release since I wrote this. I realized that I cannot keep fighting an inner battle with myself and I had to turn this over. May you all find your inner source of strength, joy, and self-compassion in the midst of all you are facing. May you rest in the loving arms of God's grace and peace, and may this grace bring you all you need to prevail. God bless you and all for whom you are caring.
(2)

This is such a heart-warming and powerful prayer. I will now begin and end each day with it. Caregiving is indeed the hardest thing I have ever done and this is a taxing mental and physical journey. Giving your worries over to God is the best thing you/we can do. I feel encouraged to do the same. I am praying for you. Please pray for me.as well.
(0)

Thank you for sharing, that is truly touching and I am sure will bless everyone that read it.

God bless and keep you.
(1)

(((((((((Hugs)))))))) and Amen!
(1)

🙏🏼 Amen
(1)

“Thank You for giving me this opportunity to learn more about love.”

And thank you Harry for that. It will be part of my daily prayer.
(1)

And Amen.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter